Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

Just had a thought about the Von Miller signing in Beefalo- perhaps a panic move by them because of how badass our Oline looks now?  Esp if we grab another at 4?

I know, I know... but it's just nice to have nice things kinda, for once.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Conklin going to be a TE/FB/HB for us.  

When the offseason began, many tied to the organization had said the Jets were going to address their need for a hybrid TE/HB in free agency as our "version" of Kyle Jusczcyk. We were high on Tommy Tremble last offseason and many thought we were going to address it in FA with Patrick Ricard, but I think that's because many overlooked/assumed Conklin would be purely a TE. He has been used as a primary HB in variations of our offense as well as inline. 

We re-signed Bawden, but Conklin gives the team a lot of flexibility in the draft now. The sense is we will still draft 1-2 TEs and carry a total of 4 TEs/HBs (likely meaning Griffin, Wesco, or Bawden could be on the outside looking in) and we'll see how everything plays out come the regular season.

Does that mean no McBride early and Ruckert later @Paradis 

22 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I have always felt #69 was the sweet-spot for a TE, but can also see them double-dipping in the 4th & 5th.

Ruckert and McBride make sense at #69 if they make it there. Other names that make sense: Jake Ferguson, Charlie Kolar, Cole Turner, Cade Otton, Isaiah Likely… there’s a lot of talent out there 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Ruckert and McBride make sense at #69 if they make it there. Other names that make sense: Jake Ferguson, Charlie Kolar, Cole Turner, Cade Otton, Isaiah Likely… there’s a lot of talent out there 

JAGs

mad.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, football guy said:

I have always felt #69 was the sweet-spot for a TE, but can also see them double-dipping in the 4th & 5th.

For how much a team may like Ruckert potential and believe that he was misused at ohio state and don't believe theres a world that he goes in the second round. This draft is wide open for the Jets, you talked a lot about Walker, a combo of Trayvon + WR + Linderbaum + TE in the 3 first rounds would put us in a very good spot moving foward. 

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I was always a big fan of Hunter, he has been plagued with injuries, with that being said i would still give up a 5th or 4th for him, with that cap hit and the injuries is hard going any higher than a 4th.

Trade them back the 4th they gave us for Chris Herndon......

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

A TE in the 4th still makes sense. This is a deep TE class (but without elite options) and there will likely be a few options when our pick in the 4th round rolls around. Ruckert may actually be there in the 4th.

• Upvote 2

By the looks of it, the Jets are going to support Zach Wilson by having a strong OL and being a run first team. Our offensive additions in FA point to us being somewhat of a ground and pound team. And we supposedly like Ekwonu and elite run blocker.

That’s our team. We’re going to run at will on offense. On defense, we are going to get after the QB. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

By the looks of it, the Jets are going to support Zach Wilson by having a strong OL and being a run first team. Our offensive additions in FA point to us being somewhat of a ground and pound team. And we supposedly like Ekwonu and elite run blocker.

That’s our team. We’re going to run at will on offense. On defense, we are going to get after the QB. 

Sounds good, but we will need to pick up AT LEAST one good power back in the draft to complement Carter and Coleman (neither can come close to shouldering a full load)

• Upvote 1