Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The past two years in the DRAFT...

Offense: 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 4th round picks.

Today the Jets brought back a WR, a depth RB, and added a very solid starting caliber RG and TE.

This Draft is loaded with defenders... and we're going to take them.

Bring the D!

I Agree Yes Yes Yes GIF by Tracey Matney - Victory Points Social

Yep

As much as I’d like Garrett Wilson at #10, I don’t see it happening.

The more likely scenario is Gardner and their preferred EDGE that is still on the board at #10.

Then dip on the offensive side of the ball in Round 2 with a TE like McBride and a wideout like Burks, Watson or Dotson.

Then it’ll probably be more defense and OL depth the rest of the way.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Didn’t we just bet on WR 2 days ago?  Now you see the tea leaves, lol.

It’s been a good day my friend.  I have Sauce and London by the way, dating back over a month ago.  Will be fun for us amateur GMs to see how we do ;).

Ha!  We did bet... and I'll say your odds are improving.

Good day so far for sure.

I'm still not sure that a WR will be the best player on the board at #10, but if need is factored in and the Jets mostly sit out the WR group in FA right now then it could be the pick.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Yep

The more likely scenario is Gardner and their preferred EDGE that is still on the board at #10.

Then dip on the offensive side of the ball in Round 2 with a TE like McBride and a wideout like Burks, Watson or Dotson.

Burks would be fantastic.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Yep

You’re right ..  it will be London at 10 instead.  Agree on Gardner.  

I can see us making a bold move to bring in the edge from GB - Smith, and then drafting an edge and TE in round 2.

A question:  Where do we get DT, LB and safety?

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha!  We did bet... and I'll say your odds are improving.

Good day so far for sure.

I'm still not sure that a WR will be the best player on the board at #10, but if need is factored in and the Jets mostly sit out the WR group in FA right now then it could be the pick.

Who’s our next big signing in FA?  I see defense— strong safety, DT or LB?  You?

5 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

JAGS STRIKE AGAIN 

This is just goofy

If you wanna talk “Keelan Cole receivers”, well, Zay Jones literally is one.

And we paid Cole like $5.5 million on a 1 year deal.

I’m at the point of just saying f*ck signing wideouts in FA altogether and just draft two of them every year.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

That's a solid starting group now.  Several pieces that could be upgraded but no glaring holes IMO.

It's now about depth and finding those one or two key additions that break games open.  Might already have one in Elijah Moore, but need one or two more.  I think the secret sauce on the offense could be finding rookie TE who becomes an unexpected match-up problem for defenses.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I've heard we sign Tomlinson hour agos but was that a typo or a new development regarding him playing RT?

That was me typing quickly and being dumb. I realize he’s a guard. A left guard in fact. According to reports though the Jets believe he’ll have no issue switching over.

btw @Spoot-Face you haven’t gotten me with one of those *’s since a then/that incident about 3 years ago, so I was due! ?

• Haha 1