Jets Sign K Greg “The Leg” Zuerlein

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He will be cut b4 the season.  Fast Eddie will beat him out easily.  Zeurlin stinks.

fast Eddie has a noddle leg. he cant kick far or did you forget that Mann had to do kickoffs for us.

i really hope Amandola cant get better. now that guy has a cannon for a leg

Wasn't Ammendola the one who tackled the Kick Returner in the next to the last game at the end of 2020 that won the game for the Jets and denied the team the first pick in the 2021 Draft ? The pick that would have guaranteed Trevor Lawrence the consensus no 1 player in the draft.
THAT GUY !

That was the punter, Mann, wasn’t it? Give me another season or two to decide if I’m upset about that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

You mean he made 29 of 35 field goals for 82.9%, which ranked 29th in the NFL. Whoopee lets give him a ticker tape parade.

You deflect then once again misrepresent and count guys who kicked only a handful of FGs.

Anyway, who gives a sh*t what you think. He’s a Jet, and I’m excited to have him. 

On 3/26/2022 at 12:04 PM, T0mShane said:

Can’t wait until we find out Piniero is running a crack den/prostitution/human trafficking ring out of some disgusting Everglades marsh town like Gainesville and anti-Watson Jets fans are going to explain that he’s just a young, Latino entrepreneur trying to make it in a high-margin industry.  

Everglades are nowhere near Gainesville. 
Piniero to Watson comparison is just as funny though

3 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

You deflect then once again misrepresent and count guys who kicked only a handful of FGs.

Anyway, who gives a sh*t what you think. He’s a Jet, and I’m excited to have him. 

And I’m not. We’re allowed to disagree without getting all bent out of shape. 

On 3/26/2022 at 10:44 AM, 82nd Airborne said:

There goes the beautiful cap space!

Same money as the Pineiro RFA tag. Plus that’s if Zuerlein’s full $2.75 isn’t based on performance incentives (rather than quantity of attempts incentives), which everyone would happily pay for a Jets kicker to reach. 

Two men enter, one man leaves. At least this time it’s two men where one kicker is finally more likely to win based on winning, not purely just the other guy losing by choking attempt after attempt in the preseason. 

Particularly encouraging if Zuerlein’s recent issues really were related to issues following back surgery, and those back issues are now resolved.