Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

Just now, JTJet said:

@Lith

Was Olave your guy all along or did I snake Burks from you? 

I was torn between the two but the size was too much to pass up. 

I wanted to make sure I got one of the two guys.  Olave or Burks, but I was happy you took Burks. I prefer Olave for the Packers.  I think he is a better route runner than Burks and a better fit for the packer offense.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

@Lith

Was Olave your guy all along or did I snake Burks from you? 

I was torn between the two but the size was too much to pass up. 

I was considering Burks but ultimately took London.  I like Burks size and strength and thought the Eagles badly need that. Couldn't resist London.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I was considering Burks but ultimately took London.  I like Burks size and strength and thought the Eagles badly need that. Couldn't resist London.  

Sarge had reached out to be about the trade earlier today and I first said no.  Then you took London and I started to think about the chances I would get one of Burks or Olave at 22 and decided to move up.  After reaching back out to Sarge, both the Bears traded up (as long as @SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN confirms, which he hasn't done yet) and then the Chiefs moved up and I knew I needed to take the offer.

I think the other dynamic at play is as Jet fans, we have all studied the WRs and I think the run on WR in our draft has come earlier than it will in the actual draft. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sarge had reached out to be about the trade earlier today and I first said no.  Then you took London and I started to think about the chances I would get one of Burks or Olave at 22 and decided to move up.  After reaching back out to Sarge, both the Bears traded up (as long as @SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN confirms, which he hasn't done yet) and then the Chiefs moved up and I knew I needed to take the offer.

I think the other dynamic at play is as Jet fans, we have all studied the WRs and I think the run on WR in our draft has come earlier than it will in the actual draft. 

Happens every year.  Early runs on this draft for positions the Jets are desperate for. Like WR.  I'll bet the same happens for other team fans who do these.

• Upvote 3

I need to step away from the mock for a few days.  Family emergency.  Please copy the other mods on anything related to the draft -- if you copy me or PM me, I likely won't see it.

@Beerfish can you take over the Packers for me for the next few days.  Should give you a chance to make some picks early.  I should be back Monday and can pick things up then.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 4

42 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hope everything is okay.

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Seconded.

36 minutes ago, section314 said:

Same here.

Thanks, guys. 

My dad has been sick.  Diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer today and will be going to hospice.  Not sure how much time we will have with him.  Could be days, weeks or months.  My sister from WA state is already down in Florida with him and my mom.  I am flying in tomorrow with my son.  Probably will be the last time the family is together with him.  He is 93, has led a long, full, happy and healthy life.  This just came on so suddenly. 

Two weeks ago he was fine.  And now we find that he has little time left.  I guess that is life, but its tough.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 6

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks, guys. 

My dad has been sick.  Diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer today and will be going to hospice.  Not sure how much time we will have with him.  Could be days, weeks or months.  My sister from WA state is already down in Florida with him and my mom.  I am flying in tomorrow with my son.  Probably will be the last time the family is together with him.  He is 93, has led a long, full, happy and happy life.  This just came on so suddenly. 

Two weeks ago he was fine.  And now we find that he has little time left.  I guess that is life, but its tough.

Very sorry to hear that Lith.  Yes the suddenness of things like that are tough.  I'll look after the Packers until you get back.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks, guys. 

My dad has been sick.  Diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer today and will be going to hospice.  Not sure how much time we will have with him.  Could be days, weeks or months.  My sister from WA state is already down in Florida with him and my mom.  I am flying in tomorrow with my son.  Probably will be the last time the family is together with him.  He is 93, has led a long, full, happy and happy life.  This just came on so suddenly. 

Damn, Lith. Thinking of you and your family. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I just accepted a trade offer from @SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN.

Patriots receive #39 and #48

Bears receive #21

2 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

confirmed

thanks.  Updating the spreadsheet now.  

@IndianaJet Steelers OTC
@SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN Bears are on deck

Saints and Cards thereafter.  @Sarge4Tide @Greenseed4

9 hours ago, Lith said:

Thanks, guys. 

My dad has been sick.  Diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer today and will be going to hospice.  Not sure how much time we will have with him.  Could be days, weeks or months.  My sister from WA state is already down in Florida with him and my mom.  I am flying in tomorrow with my son.  Probably will be the last time the family is together with him.  He is 93, has led a long, full, happy and healthy life.  This just came on so suddenly. 

All thoughts and prayers to you and your family. ?

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Lith said:

Thanks, guys. 

My heart goes out to him, you and the rest of your family. 

Eff cancer.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Lith said:

Thanks, guys. 

Wishing you and your family all the best, Lith. I’ve been there and it’s such a brutal time. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours. 

• Sympathy 3

2 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Hey @Sarge4tide , I'll trade you #71 for #92 and #101 .

It's a fair offer, but I'm going to pass - I've got 3 picks right there near the end of round 3 that I think I can get some quality depth at positions of need

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Steelers would have tried to trade up to 10 if Willis or Pickett were around, instead they sit pat and settle for their QB 1(C)

In true Steelers fashion, let the draft come to you. Good job. As they say, sometimes the best trade is the one you don’t make. 

• Upvote 1