Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

33 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

Tried to trade up for the last 10 picks to take Dotson.. not been my draft in terms of trades.

Sorry dude. If he was there, I was taking him. I immediately pivoted to the trenches. Good value-to-need in this draft for what I see as the Pats priorities.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Larz said:

I think it’s more likely JD trades up into the late first than back.  

In another mock, they moved up from one of the 2nds into the 1st with a 3rd rounder that they acquired in a different trade down from 10 to 14.  At 23 they took Williams.  

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Sorry dude. If he was there, I was taking him. I immediately pivoted to the trenches. Good value-to-need in this draft gif what I see as the Pats priorities.

After that early run on Dlinemen at the beginning of the second I figured I'd have a chance to move up and get him.. Never thought he'd fall to 47.

8 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

After that early run on Dlinemen at the beginning of the second I figured I'd have a chance to move up and get him.. Never thought he'd fall to 47.

Yea, for sure. 

My strategy when taking the trade out of the first has panned out. My hope, given BB history, was to add the best OL on the board with my first choice and then add front-7 versatility. When Dotson was there I was salivating…

Either way, so far I’m happy-ish. Honestly thought I could get one of the better natural guards with 39. I like Raimann though, especially in that Pats blocking scheme. He fits the mood for them.

The edge and DL talent in this draft us as deep as advertised. I had like 3 guys to decide between before taking Hall.

• Upvote 1

Not to muck things up.... 

but I have made a one-time exception for the Falcons who missed their pick.  Not going into the reasons, its just my call here.  The player they want is still there.  So, I am replacing Leal (who is again available), with Georgia WR George Pickens for thew atlanta Falcons.  Makes perfect sense for the Falcons. 

Leal is also available to the handful of GMs who picked after the consensus pick n the order they picked (this is why we almost never do this b/c it is a PIA).  I am addressing all of them by PM: @section314 @HawkeyeJet @BroadwayBen @choon328 @Integrity28

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

You guys have Iowa a true nightmare scenario at 4, but the WR pick , the safety pick and the LB pick really don’t move the needle for me. 

you guys also handed him Wilson on a silver platter with the kooky QB picks, he won’t be there at 10. 

an edge at 4 with a 10% pass rush win %, a WR that won’t be there, a reach safety when they have 2 starters on the roster, a linebacker that might upgrade the blur a little.  Boy oh boy. Not catching Miami with that. Hard to see Joe W’s suoerbowl dynasty coming out of that. 

Breece Hall is the candidate for “can’t believe we passed on him “ jets fans lament there. Really like him. Not sure if LaFluer agrees, but that would have been a good option to have on draft day anyway and I think illustrates the risk of such a big trade down there 

Im not saying I could have done better, just when you see it play out like that echoes what I read a month ago that this is not a good year for a big franchise changing turnaround. 

If the Eagles had drafted a QB there, which I personally wanted to do, then all the love affair support from the FO for Hurts (and it was hot and heavy) throughout the winter & spring for him would be seen as BS.  I had my finger on the button for the Bearcat.  But Jones is the pick.   Especially because Gannon uses a lot more 3 man fronts.  Perfect time to get him while Cox still there.  Jones will be in on plenty and takes over next year.. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Just getting caught up sitting in the airport waiting for a flight. Looks like DeMarvin Leal was picked twice. 43 to Falcons and 55 to Cardinals.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

#43 was mod-picked to be Leal, but they allowed Falcons GM to swap him out for George Pickens, who he wanted.  The selection thread should probably be updated 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Larz said:

You guys have Iowa a true nightmare scenario at 4, but the WR pick , the safety pick and the LB pick really don’t move the needle for me. 

you guys also handed him Wilson on a silver platter with the kooky QB picks, he won’t be there at 10. 

an edge at 4 with a 10% pass rush win %, a WR that won’t be there, a reach safety when they have 2 starters on the roster, a linebacker that might upgrade the blur a little.  Boy oh boy. Not catching Miami with that. Hard to see Joe W’s suoerbowl dynasty coming out of that. 

Breece Hall is the candidate for “can’t believe we passed on him “ jets fans lament there. Really like him. Not sure if LaFluer agrees, but that would have been a good option to have on draft day anyway and I think illustrates the risk of such a big trade down there 

Im not saying I could have done better, just when you see it play out like that echoes what I read a month ago that this is not a good year for a big franchise changing turnaround. 

Sometimes the draft board doesn't fall your way. Sauce going at 3 would be one of those times. Hope that doesn't happen.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

One thing that is amusing in the selections thread is that Sam Howell was picked at 46 and we have the nice image of Howell throwing a pass.  At 48 Logan Hall was picked and it is an image of Hall crushing Sam Howell.

I confess, that wasn’t deliberate. I just wanted a pic of him hitting the QB. The context with Howell was a happy accident.

• Upvote 1