Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

Just now, GreenFish said:

Out of curiosity, what would the Steelers have to had offer for you to move from #4 to #20? In this scenario.

Don’t think I would have moved down to 20 from 4 most likely. To far to drop and still be in the running for impact guys where I think they need impact guys.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Don’t think I would have moved down to 20 from 4 most likely. To far to drop and still be in the running for impact guys where I think they need impact guys.

Yeah it might be better value just to trade back into the 1st than trade down from  4 to 20

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Love the player, but too pricey for my taste. Would be at peace with it as a fan after the fact fairly quickly i expect. 

I kind of feel the same.  I probably would have reached a little further and probably would have been making  a mistake.  If i talked myself out of my reach I might have come to the same decision.  

44 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Sauce and JJ is a nice haul for the Texans. 

48 minutes ago, section314 said:

@JiFapono nice pick. I was interested to see who you would grab here since it was the pick I had for the Browns before the trade. The board fell great for me if I still had the pick, and your guy would have been one of the three I would have taken here. Nice job.

Thanks.  It's the haul I'd like for the Jets, really.  Texans ended up being fun after the trade.  They have similar needs as the Jets and similar picks.  Ended up being a fun team to have.

• Upvote 3

Just now, JiFapono said:

Thanks.  It's the haul I'd like for the Jets, really.  Texans ended up being fun after the trade.  They have similar needs as the Jets and similar picks.  Ended up being a fun team to have.

Question:  If you had the choice between Johnson and Trayvon Walker who would you have taken?

(Also, isn't it nice to take those nice classy FSU players instead of those stinky Gators?)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Question:  If you had the choice between Johnson and Trayvon Walker who would you have taken?

(Also, isn't it nice to take those nice classy FSU players instead of those stinky Gators?)

I know we havent seen his agility numbers yet but I'd favor JJ right now.  I really dont know what to make of the lack of production.  I hear the loaded D excuse, but plenty of players have put up big numbers on great teams.  I look at all the recent studs out of Ohio St.  Bosa, Young, Hubbard, Baker all put up numbers on the same team.

Billy Napier is a culture changer.  LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

It’s interesting having the Colts.   They also have similar needs - but low draft capital.  

This to me is why having two top 10 picks this year stinks relative to overall talent.  And why I pray we find a way to trade down.

Phily at 15-16 took two guys in the same impact range as what the jets took at 4 and 10 imo.  I might prefer the jets pick combo but not by much.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

This to me is why having two top 10 picks this year stinks relative to overall talent.  And why I pray we find a way to trade down.

Phily at 15-16 took two guys in the same impact range as what the jets took at 4 and 10 imo.  I might prefer the jets pick combo but not by much.

Our only hope is a team coming up to 4 for Willis or 10 for Corral or Pickett. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

On my personal big board (final version to be published next week) there are ranges of players relative to their value in a normal draft and I only have top-10 grades on 3 guys. So yeah its not great especially if you don’t want a CB at 4.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

You mean like when he said Jake Fromm was the best QB in a class that included Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts and Tua.  

I can’t believe he gets paid to produce lesser content than our draft forum.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I can’t believe he gets paid to produce lesser content than our draft forum.

In fairness to Miller, he made that comment in the summer before Fromm's last season, but I remember it generating a lot of disussion on UGA sites and podcasts.

so the Eagles were not entirely thrilled with how things fell.  The plan from day 1 was to get Jordan Davis there because 2022 may will be Cox's farewell tour and they have an aging defensive line.  Sniped by @WhartonJet.   And Graham is even older.  So the Greek pass rusher will be the #1 subject of discussion in Philly for the next 4 years.  He's a power house with lots of brute force. Good luck Daniel Jones.  

With the other pick it, IMO, had to be WR.  Reagor, a 1st rounder, is a bust.  JJAW will be cut and Watkins and Ward aren't enough to go along with DeVonta Smith.  Must surround Hurts with superior talent, since he himself may not be. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

it's something beyond the control of the teams, so it is what it is.