Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I wanted to address the OL first for the Pats - where the most immediate need is on the interior. Ive read a lot of conflicting scouting reports, and I bought into the ones that project Raimann as a better fit at OG. 

Curious what you all think.

Decent pick but the pats are impossible to figure out.  They dump shaq mason for like a late round pick then have to address that by drafting this guy.  It is a need for sure.

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I wanted to address the OL first for the Pats - where the most immediate need is on the interior. Ive read a lot of conflicting scouting reports, and I bought into the ones that project Raimann as a better fit at OG. 

Curious what you all think.

I drafted him in the 2nd rd of my madden franchise so I’m on board with the pick ?

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Decent pick but the pats are impossible to figure out.  They dump shaq mason for like a late round pick then have to address that by drafting this guy.  It is a need for sure.

Agreed.

I was originally thinking WR in R2, but they acquired Davante Parker today and so I pivoted to a value-to-need strategy. IOL being at the top of the list.

44 minutes ago, Larz said:

I think it’s more likely JD trades up into the late first than back.  

10-42ish it feels like there is lots of value.  I don’t know why you’d trade back from that area of the draft this year.

It seems unlikely anyone will move up to 4.  The Texans has basically said their pick is open to a trade back.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

I think it’s more likely JD trades up into the late first than back.  

i think both. If they can slide back, gain a 2nd this year and some capital next year -- sold... that'll also equip them with enough Day 2 ammo to move up if they're sweet on someone in the 20s.

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i think both. If they can slide back, gain a 2nd this year and some capital next year -- sold... that'll also equip them with enough Day 2 ammo to move up if they're sweet on someone in the 20s.

Sure but we don’t need more Sherwoods, we need more AVTs

• Upvote 1

Well love it or hate it(and I assume most won’t love those two picks, which is completely fine) that is precisely the picks I was hoping to make when I moved back from 35.

The Jets need speed and play makers on D.  I think Pitre and Harris offer that.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Well love it or hate it(and I assume most won’t love those two picks, which is completely fine) that is precisely the picks I was hoping to make when I moved back from 35.

The Jets need speed and play makers on D.  I think Pitre and Harris offer that.  

Pitre and Harris are two players that the Niners defense would absolutely want and need so I think they’re good picks if you’re doing what the Jets will actually do, but imo it doesn’t really move the needle as far as wins and losses go, so that’s a bummer, but it’s extremely Joe Douglas!

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Pitre and Harris are two players that the Niners defense would absolutely want and need so I think they’re good picks if you’re doing what the Jets will actually do, but imo it doesn’t really move the needle as far as wins and losses go, so that’s a bummer, but it’s extremely Joe Douglas!

I’ve been brainwashed for the last 23 years by Kirk Ferentz that stout defense and ball control offense is still a viable football option.  I am the wrong person for moving needles.  We aren’t allowed to have fancy things here.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1