Congress shares details with FTC of alleged Washington Commanders financial scams against customers and the NFL

Bronx

• 2 months later...
On 4/12/2022 at 2:30 PM, Bruce Harper said:

Will they circle the wagons or throw Snyder out?  Your guess is as good as mine, but there are a of guys lined up to buy NFL franchises and many of them won't be a constant embarrassment to the league.

If this is backed up with evidence they'll force a sale of the team. Owners won't want to stay partnered with him

On 4/12/2022 at 10:13 AM, Bronx said:

Former Washington employee Jason Friedman, who spent nearly a quarter-century with the organization, told the Committee that the team kept two sets of books, and that one set of financial information underreported ticket revenue to the league. The process of intentionally allocating revenue to the wrong event was known, according to Friedman, as “juice,” with the team allegedly spreading revenue that should have been shared with the league to non-NFL events at FedEx Field.

As bad as that sounds, it’s separate from an alleged scam to keep security deposits from season-ticket holders.

Friedman, according to the letter, “provided the Committee with information and documents indicating that the Commanders routinely withheld security deposits that should have been returned to customers who had purchased multiyear season tickets for specific seats, referred to as seat leases,” and that “team executives directed employees to establish roadblocks to prevent customers from obtaining the security deposits they were due — effectively allowing the team to retain that money.”.

Saleh keeps 2 sets of practice notes, one that’s real and one for his media answers.

Stealing season ticket holder deposits is a dog walk in the park compared to what crypto scammers like Do Kwon and Mashinsky are getting away scot free with.

It’s arguable the Jets have been stealing ticket money for decades.  I mean if you’re judging based on return on investment, misleading advertising, entertainment value, resource mismanagement, or all of the above, the Jets would be at or near the top of the list.

And PSL’s?  Come on now.  Please.

• WTF? 1

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

And PSL’s?  Come on now.  Please.

Those who bought them for the experience and to be with family and friends didn’t get ripped off.

Those that bought as an investment are fools that I’m incapable of pitying.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Those who bought them for the experience and to be with family and friends didn’t get ripped off.

Those that bought as an investment are fools that I’m incapable of pitying.

if the intent was an investment  - maybe you can make the argument if it is for the Pats, steelers or other team that typically has a winning record and is a playoff contender. In that case maybe and it is a longshot maybe the PSL increases in value over a 10-15 year period.

For the Jets? You would have to be out of your blessed mind to have purchased a PSL with the intention or thought that it would increase in value one day.

As you state - for your entertainment dollar - then absolutely - it is the cost of doing business. 

I still smell something rotten going on in the NFL regarding Dan Snyder. 

Look, I know a ton of you have a titanium hard on with your hatred of that man, but you're telling me that all this type of sh*t just happens to come out within a relatively small window of time? 

Sexual harrassment, financial fraud, the name change, Gruden emails, etc etc? 

I dont give two wet sh*ts about Daniel Snyder one way or the other, but god damn it certainly seems like there are some people out to destroy that man. Deservedly or not. 

10 minutes ago, Trotter said:

For the Jets? You would have to be out of your blessed mind to have purchased a PSL with the intention or thought that it would increase in value one day.

The NFL has a perverse financial model. The value of the Jets franchise continues to increase into perpetuity while the cost they can charge for their product continues to crash. Just goes to show you that the TV dollars are really the only financial motivator for owners and that’s distributed evenly to every team from the champs to the chumps.

My idea that has no chance of ever being voted on by the owners is to allocate 21% of the TV revenue only to the playoff teams since 21% of the season is the playoffs. Selling less hotdogs might not motivate profit margin conscious owners to pay for legitimate staff/coaches/etc but losing a piece of that sweet TV pie? That’ll light fires under asses.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Look, I know a ton of you have a titanium hard on with your hatred of that man, but you're telling me that all this type of sh*t just happens to come out within a relatively small window of time? 

I dont give two wet sh*ts about Daniel Snyder one way or the other, but god damn it certainly seems like there are some people out to destroy that man. Deservedly or not. 

So what do you think the motivation of these various entities is, specifically.

I mean, I'm pretty sure I already know, but I'd like to hear it from you directly.

59 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So what do you think the motivation of these various entities is, specifically.

I mean, I'm pretty sure I already know, but I'd like to hear it from you directly.

Im well aware of what you're insinuating.

But the answer is, the hell if I know. That's why I'm asking the forum for insight here? It just doesnt make sense to me. 

Like what, 4 or 5 scandals around 1 owner? If this much effort was put into any one of the other owners, a lot of crazy sh*t would come out. FFS, Look into Jim Irsay and dead hookers. 

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Which is why you're dodging answering it. 

No stress, seems quite obvious that is in fact the reason you think this is all happening.

/shrug.

Jesus get over yourself. Sounds like you need to do some self reflection. 

Theres one person in this conversation that's masterbating over a possible political angle, and it sure as sh*t ain't me.

I dont owe you an answer to a bad faith question to satisfy your ideology. 

Now that we've gotten that settled, and you've changed your diaper. 

It doesnt seem AT ALL odd to you, that 4 or 5 separate scandals start revolving around the same owner/organization? Not one bit? 

Hell, I'm not even arguing that Snyder isnt a scumbag, I'm sure that is most likely 100% true. But the absolute vile hatred of that man on a Jets forum seems almost over the top. 

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

When certain terrible things come to light, people start digging for more.  This isn't unusual.

It's become well-established that the culture Snyder operates in Washington is a terrible one that hurts a lot of people.  So, naturally, that leads to reporters and investigators expanding their net to see what else he and the org is up to that is shady. 

In addition, I imagine it's also empowered people to come forward with their own information, knowing that there likely won't be negative consequences or retaliation coming from Snyder/the organization/the NFL.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When certain terrible things come to light, people start digging for more.  This isn't unusual.

It's become well-established that the culture Snyder operates in Washington is a terrible one that hurts a lot of people.  So, naturally, that leads to reporters and investigators expanding their net to see what else he and the org is up to that is shady. 

In addition, I imagine it's also empowered people to come forward with their own information, knowing that there likely won't be negative consequences or retaliation coming from Snyder/the organization/the NFL.

Yeah I suppose that makes the most sense. Just seems like an absolute whirlwind of sh*t. I live in Indy, so i dont see most of the press Snyder gets unless it hits national news really. 

From my perspective here, Irsay seems like an ultra douchebag, DUIs, dead hookers, etc, but it's a small market with 1 newspaper that may as well be the PR wing of the Colts.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yeah I suppose that makes the most sense. Just seems like an absolute whirlwind of sh*t. I live in Indy, so i dont see most of the press Snyder gets unless it hits national news really. 

From my perspective here, Irsay seems like an ultra douchebag, DUIs, dead hookers, etc, but it's a small market with 1 newspaper that may as well be the PR wing of the Colts.

Irsay undoubtedly deserves a LOT more attention.  I only seem to recall some Deadspin articles talking about his many drug-related exploits.

Would you say Irsay's ownership causes culture-related strain within the organization?  Because that might be the difference-maker there, eventually.  Him being a weird druggy, sadly, isn't enough to get him nearly as much attention, because it's harder to demonstrate that it impacts the day-to-day operations of the Colts. 

Also, he isn't necessarily stealing money from other owners, either, which is the REAL reason why Snyder is finally getting some heat from the NFL...

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Irsay undoubtedly deserves a LOT more attention.  I only seem to recall some Deadspin articles talking about his many drug-related exploits.

Would you say Irsay's ownership causes culture-related strain within the organization?  Because that might be the difference-maker there, eventually.  Him being a weird druggy, sadly, isn't enough to get him nearly as much attention, because it's harder to demonstrate that it impacts the day-to-day operations of the Colts. 

Also, he isn't necessarily stealing money from other owners, either, which is the REAL reason why Snyder is finally getting some heat from the NFL...

Yeah I guess thats a good point, Irsay doesnt really affect how the team is ran or the staff at the facility negatively. Weirdly, quite the opposite in that regard it seems. The city, employees, convention center, sponsors, vendors, all seem to have a really good view of the team. 

His exploits really get swept under the rug. His mistress was found dead from an OD in a condo he bought for her at one point.

https://nypost.com/2014/10/16/ex-mistress-overdose-in-background-of-colts-owners-pill-arrest/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Is Snyder conservative? 

Very much so. 

49 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Jesus get over yourself. Sounds like you need to do some self reflection. 

Theres one person in this conversation that's masterbating over a possible political angle, and it sure as sh*t ain't me.

I dont owe you an answer to a bad faith question to satisfy your ideology. 

It's blatantly obvious you think it's politics related, so please stop the weak deflecting and childish "wut, who me?" BS.  

I mean seriously, the implying that you "smell something rotten", and that "all this type of sh*t just happens to come out within a relatively small window of time", and that "it certainly seems like there are some people out to destroy that man.".  Qonspiracy Theory 101 stuff here.

If you're too afraid to just admit what you think the cause is, especially when it's this obvious what you're telegraphing here, that's a you problem, not a me problem. 

49 minutes ago, JTJet said:

It doesnt seem AT ALL odd to you, that 4 or 5 separate scandals start revolving around the same owner/organization? Not one bit? 

Hell, I'm not even arguing that Snyder isnt a scumbag, I'm sure that is most likely 100% true. But the absolute vile hatred of that man on a Jets forum seems almost over the top. 

As a D.C. area local for over 35 years, no, it's not surprising at all in any way, shape or form. 

He is hands down the worst and most dishonest owner in the NFL, and none of the scandals surrounding his mismanagement of the team surprise or shock me in any way.  I don't need any implied conspiracy theories, Dan is simply that dishonest, that egotistical and that inept, a combination that rarely leads to getting away with things.

The only thing that is surprising is that he's still an NFL owner at this point.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Very much so. 

It's blatantly obvious you think it's politics related, so please stop the weak deflecting and childish "wut, who me?" BS.  

I mean seriously, the implying that you "smell something rotten", and that "all this type of sh*t just happens to come out within a relatively small window of time", and that "it certainly seems like there are some people out to destroy that man.".  Qonspiracy Theory 101 stuff here.

If you're too afraid to just admit what you think the cause is, especially when it's this obvious what you're telegraphing here, that's a you problem, not a me problem. 

As a D.C. area local for over 35 years, no, it's not surprising at all in any way, shape or form. 

He is hands down the worst and most dishonest owner in the NFL, and none of the scandals surrounding his mismanagement of the team surprise or shock me in any way.  I don't need any implied conspiracy theories, Dan is simply that dishonest, that egotistical and that inept, a combination that rarely leads to getting away with things.

The only thing that is surprising is that he's still an NFL owner at this point.

Just stop. You've looked like a fool for a couple comments now.

You've got some problems my friend. Seriously. You're projecting some extreme insecurities here. 

I didnt mention politics at all, the ONLY thing I implied was people in the NFL having it out for him, which to me seems strange.

Especially considering 32 out of 32 NFL owners seem to be scumbags to varying degrees. You're the one that dragged this into politics, you seem to WANT me to be thinking that angle. 

When TF have I ever held my opinion back here? I never, ever, dance around something like that. If I wanted to say what you're claiming, I would just say it. I've never been shy about it before. 

Now go back to jerking off to the Jan 6th hearings on CNN. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Just stop. You've looked like a fool for a couple comments now.

You've got some problems my friend. Seriously. You're projecting some extreme insecurities here. 

I didnt mention politics at all, the ONLY thing I implied was people in the NFL having it out for him, which to me seems strange.

Especially considering 32 out of 32 NFL owners seem to be scumbags to varying degrees. You're the one that dragged this into politics, you seem to WANT me to be thinking that angle. 

When TF have I ever held my opinion back here? I never, ever, dance around something like that. If I wanted to say what you're claiming, I would just say it. I've never been shy about it before. 

They already got him to do the hardest party besides outright selling the team.

45 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

I liked Danny Snyder more when he told the whole world who wanted him to change his team's name to go F themselves. I think probably most of the owners quietly backed him on it. Then he caved, changed his teams name. Man's gotta go.

THIS is the what made you dislike Snyder, finally?  Changing the team name?

Sheesh.  Some of you have weird priorities.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JTJet said:

I didnt mention politics at all.....

Lol.  Nope, no sign of politics here.

It's ok, your conspiracy theory about Snyder is just dumb.  You want to chase dumb conspiracy theories, be my guest.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Yes. Once he caved to the commie cancel cultural protesters, he was dead to me.

Unbelievable how many people don’t stand by their convictions. Del Rio was the latest disappointment.

People forget that the changing of the name was started by east coast white elites , not Native Americans 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JTJet said:

Now go back to jerking off to the Jan 6th hearings on CNN

Yesterdays was like having access to pronhub premium.  Just a never ending barrage against an orange criminal who will remain nameless.  I recommend watching on the biggest screen you can find with the volume jacked up.

The best/funniest part about these hearings that there are actually people out there still defending and deflecting for the orange man.  I know its unbelievable!  A mass hypnosis the likes of which the world has never seen!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2