Adam Rank nfl.com mock and why I want to [scold] him....

Kyle Hamilton at 4 Jordan Davis at 10.

And yes he did say 'The jets would get the best player in the draft!' in Hamilton.

Hamilton at 4 -"You did well to focus on your offensive needs in free agency. Love C.J. Uzomah. D.J. Reed and Jordan Whitehead are also great adds on defense. With Whitehead slated for strong safety, Hamilton would be an excellent free safety, in the mode of Justin Simmons of the Broncos. I know Jets fans will start groaning about Jamaal Adams. Let them. Hamilton could end up being the best player in this year's draft. Hey, Jags, I wouldn’t be super mad if you took him first overall, either. I know you won’t, but I wouldn’t be upset."

Davis at 10 - "No receivers have come off the board yet, and I understand you're going to be tempted here. But you hired Robert Saleh for his defensive prowess. Give him as much help as possible. The big-name edge players have been selected, but Davis is a guy who can collapse the middle and still get pressure on the quarterback, which is going to be very important. Get your receivers later."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Davis at 10 - "No receivers have come off the board yet, and I understand you're going to be tempted here. But you hired Robert Saleh for his defensive prowess. Give him as much help as possible. T

This statement just shows a fundamental and deep lack of understanding of both the modern NFL and especially a team with a young QB.  If Saleh has "defensive prowess" he should be able to field a competitive defense without using top picks for it. And nothing is as important to this team as developing Zach. 

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

This should translate to being able to scheme well and coach guys up to not have to allocate a vast amount of premier picks or resources to a defense. Hence picking a QB #2, OG #14 and a WR in the second last year. 

Yet, this Jabroni has the Jets taking Safety and DT in the first 10 picks.  

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

They don’t scheme rush. 

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And as I have been saying this is why the jets are a big dumping ground in these mocks.  Guy has a player rated in areas, sees no team that would actually want that player, see the jets having two picks and dumps those picks on the jets.

To be fair, the Maccagnan Jets were the literal dumping ground for “best player in the draft” every year. So the projections aren’t nuts, because the Jets did operate this way for half a decade. Luckily Douglas understands positional value. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I heard an interview with dimwit Todd McShay and they asked him why he picked a certain player at 16 and his answer was “well, I wanted to find a place to put that player in that range and I thought, you know, this works, kinda, because they have an established starter at that position but his contract is coming up, I think, next year.” This is a dude who makes a sh*t ton of money to do mock drafts all year long. He does nothing else. And here he is, doing the one thing he’s paid for, and his reasoning was “I just wanted to stick this player somewhere, you know?” 

Disgusting.

I manage a team of designers. The one thing they are all expected to provide with every recommendation or solution is rationale - qual or quant - let your audience know the intelligence, rigor and expertise behind what you do.

McShay is a wanker.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Disgusting.

I manage a team of designers. The one thing they are all expected to provide with every recommendation or solution is rationale - qual or quant - let your audience know the intelligence, rigor and expertise behind what you do.

McShay is a wanker.

Graphic, or Interior?

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Office park type stuff, or residential/golf courses or the like?

Can I ask you questions about our grass?

Hes kidding..  the team of "designers" he manages are sandwich artists at Subway.

Dont let his pseudo intellectual style of posting fool you.  The Ape is as dumb as a box of rocks.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Hes kidding..  the team of "designers" he manages are sandwich artists at Subway.

Dont let his pseudo intellectual style of posting fool you.  The Ape is as dumb as a box of rocks.

You’re one of those extra mayonnaise on the meatball parm sub guys, aren’t you?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Hamilton is such a confusing player. He's a football player, no doubt, but his 40 times are a real concern, the game is so much faster in the NFL.

Can you imagine the meltdown on this board if the Jets take him at #4 (claiming he's a unicorn they just couldn't pass on)?

The more interesting question might be: What if he's there at 10, what will the Jets do?