Joe Douglas May Be Looking In All The Wrong Places

Forgive me if this has already been posted.  This article gives some insight on how Douglas evaluates draft prospects.  And, I don't think his priorities are all that cerebral. 

Jets GM Joe Douglas is looking for ‘freaks’ in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Why Jets GM Joe Douglas is looking for ‘freaks’ in the 2022 NFL Draft (msn.com)

So... Gholston was one of these "freaks". Becton is one of his "freaks" ??? Thibs looks like a "freak".   And, another bust.

My advice for JD.  Dont look for "freaks".  Look for high character prospects that are leaders, hard workers and complete football players.  That would be prospects like Ickey, Sauce and yes, Hamilton.  

Football is not a game of individual "freaks".  It is the ultimate *team* sport.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 9

53 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Forgive me if this has already been posted.  This article gives some insight on how Douglas evaluates draft prospects.  And, I don't think his priorities are all that cerebral. 

So... Gholston was one of these "freaks". Becton is one of his "freaks" ??? Thibs looks like a "freak".   And, another bust.

My advice for JD.  Dont look for "freaks".  Look for high character prospects that are leaders, hard workers and complete football players.  That would be prospects like Ickey, Sauce and yes, Hamilton.  

Football is not a game of individual "freaks".  It is the ultimate *team* sport.

So you've not been paying attention to any of his picks?  Cool.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

rigth super athletic/ strong / playmakers are def bad to have on a football team and we should def not be trying to draft them. Thanks for the insight Chief 

First off Gholston had plenty of red flags  and not drafted by Joe, Becton was big but not a "freak" and has played great for us so far. Thibs looks like he could be a great Pass rusher. 

You can't just have a team of little guys with average skill like berrios and expect to win.....

This is the worst post i have ever read, full of meaningless platitudes and nothing to suggest any thought. Like what the hell is your point? oh we need leaders ...good one champ. Oh draft Sauce real original, a CB in the top 10 great use of draft capitol there...oh hamilton even better. Good god we got macc part two here. Hey maybe we can just draft all CB and Safety this draft then we can check the box you know???? you know>?? lol good god.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

rigth super athletic/ strong / playmakers are def bad to have on a football team and we should def not be trying to draft them. Thanks for the insight Chief 

First off Gholston had plenty of red flags  and not drafted by Joe, Becton was big but not a "freak" and has played great for us so far. Thibs looks like he could be a great Pass rusher. 

You can't just have a team of little guys with average skill like berrios and expect to win.....

This is the worst post i have ever read, full of meaningless platitudes and nothing to suggest any thought. Like what the hell is your point? oh we need leaders ...good one champ. Oh draft Sauce real original, a CB in the top 10 great use of draft capitol there...oh hamilton even better. Good god we got macc part two here. Hey maybe we can just draft all CB and Safety this draft then we can check the box you know???? you know>?? lol good god.

I suppose you never played any football  

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

JD has quite a large track record of taking team captains, high character type guys.  But MSN, which I wasn’t aware still existed, clearly must know that.

Don't underestimate the click factor when it comes to sh!tposting about the Jets...

• Upvote 2