Max Mitchell-OT

PepPep

34 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He definitely didn’t have a good senior  bowl. He looked good when he was playing against future office workers but definitely not at the senior bowl. JJ made him look stupid

The 2nd & 4th play are him vs JJ... He won those 2... Easily... but he's still a project... what better place to learn from than facing the Jets Dline consistently... IRON SHARPENS IRON.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Good question. I honestly don’t know. There are certainly names out there including a former jet or two, thinking Brandon shell. This will not be a major investment, but I am thinking that JD looks for a veteran who gets cut that he can pay a few million dollars for one year.

Jet. Just saw in a different thread the top 100 FAs available. Brandon Shell is one of them 

6 hours ago, neckdemon said:

i think they wanted faleele (or however you spell his name) but he was taken the pick before

I thought this initially - Then when you read a bit further this is likely the EXACT guy they wanted. 

He needs some technique work and the weight room - He's a 4th rounder but this was a perfect pick for us. Perfect Size and arm length. Look at his run blocking numbers from PFF. Awards he won. Improvement and this guy is the perfect RT for a zone blocking team like ours. Team leader and intelligent. 

Perfect pick to sit on the bench for a year and take over for RT next year if Fant leaves. Wish we had another pick or two like this on the Line. This guy is likely going to be a starter for us as soon as next year. Great pick. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Seen two clips of him at the 0:01 mark and the 2:40 mark. 

He's not advertised to be an immediate impact player. Run blocking is his specialty. We just have to give him some time and hopefully next season he can step in for either Fant as a starter or replace Edoga as the 1st backup.

This wasn't very encouraging 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jetsons said:

The 2nd & 4th play are him vs JJ... He won those 2... Easily... but he's still a project... what better place to learn from than facing the Jets Dline consistently... IRON SHARPENS IRON.

One thing to take note of is he took reps on both the right and left side. In college he showed his versatility by playing RT and LT on the same series! This position flexibility was a major reason why JD liked him IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Guys, he a developmental guy in the 4th, let’s not overthink things. I think it’s highly likely JD still explores bringing in another veteran tackles to backup here.

Idk. Honestly, his tape is very good and I think he’s got a shot to be the guy the team relies on going forward.

7 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I went back and looked at one of the draft mags I had picked up and was surprised to see they had Mitchell projected as a 2nd rounder

Did the same thing just a few minutes ago. DJ had him #112, Draft Buzz had him as a 3rd rd guy perfect for a zone blocking scheme like 49rs? Other had him 6th rd or FA. He's a versatile guy who played multiple spots and is pretty athletic. Seems like a good draft spot for a developmental OL.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Heard an interview with Jim Naggy this morning. Said, he's even more impressed with the Jets Day 3 selections, then Round 1. Was heaping praise on the Mitchell pick. Thinks the absolute floor is a good swing tackle. Thinks he'll be a very good starter as a RT, and could push for starter reps in 2023. 

Also loved the Clemons pick, was looking forward to him coming to the senior bowl, but he got sick the night before. Loves his length, power, physicality. Thinks he would have had a terrific seniorbowl showing.  Mentioned his best work was against Alabama and top SEC linemen. He was unstoppable at times.

Overall, thought Jets hit it out of the park.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1