Bought my First "New Player" Jets Jersey since Mangold

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Done with modern player jerseys. Even if one has a HOF career, no one finishes their careers with one team and half of Jets fans will hate the guy for being "disloyal" -- the facts and circumstances of why the player left are of course never actually important when Jets fans feel scorned.

I’m in a similar place. If I could find a decent old school Brick jersey I think that’s one I’d want, Mangold a close second. I could try to figure out who will have that kind of career and there’s a lot of exciting options on this team but there’s a 99.999% chance I’ll be wrong.

1 hour ago, derp said:

I’m in a similar place. If I could find a decent old school Brick jersey I think that’s one I’d want, Mangold a close second. I could try to figure out who will have that kind of career and there’s a lot of exciting options on this team but there’s a 99.999% chance I’ll be wrong.

Yeah I also prefer the guys who are already Jets legends to betting $120 on being right about a current player. But to each their own!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

To me it’s more of wearing the teams jersey first, player next.  If I wear a Jets jersey it to a game so isn’t so much displaying my support of the player but the team 

Fair enough but I also don’t feel like being heckled for wearing a Revis jersey to a Jets game!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Totally get that.

But I will admit a bit of homerism and ego on this....

....all through the leadup to the draft, I REALLY wanted Wilson, Hall and Ruckert (and some other folks too, of course).

This was the first time in my memory that the Jets went almost 100% in the direction I REALLY wanted on Offensive skill players.

It's "my" draft class.  And as such, I'm going to "own" it, and this is a reflection of that.

Rise or fall, I was 100% behind this group of Offensive skill players.

I’m with ya 100. I don’t fault anyone for how they want to fan out. One day when the Jets draft the QB I want I might do the same.

• Haha 1

Might not age well, but wouldn't be the first.  You could always donate it to a worthy cause.

For the Super Bowl they have to have "Championship" hats and t-shirts ready for either scenario.  I read they end up sending the bad batch overseas to poorer nations.

So a little kid somewhere is probably running around right now wearing Bengals "Super Bowl Champion" gear.

58 minutes ago, jgb said:

Fair enough but I also don’t feel like being heckled for wearing a Revis jersey to a Jets game!

Lots of 24's in the stadium.  I'm there often.  They are not 'heckled' to the best of my recollection.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s page 2…. When does this evolve into a discussion about the uniforms, and how much we each hate/love them?

this... it's hard to buy these jerseys that much is true - they look weird on the players with pads and on a real person they look even worse 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

this... it's hard to buy these jerseys that much is true - they look weird on the players with pads and on a real person they look even worse 

Hey, you wanna go half on a Joe Flacco jersey? I’ll wear it during the week and you can take couple friends tent camping with it on weekends. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hey, you wanna go half on a Joe Flacco jersey? I’ll wear it during the week and you can take couple friends tent camping with it on weekends. 

it's not a popular opinion but I believe people should wear their body type

like if you showed up for football practice, what number would they give you 

a big obese dude wearing a ZW 2 just looks odd. I know that makes me like canceled or whatever

add it to the list 

so to answer your question... yes we can split a Becton 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

a big obese dude wearing a ZW 2 just looks odd. I know that makes me like canceled or whatever

add it to the list 

So Leon Washington, Tarik Cohen types for me, then.  

32 minutes ago, bitonti said:

add it to the list 

My collection is Namath throwback  (got married second time in it), Johnny Abe, Jonathon Vilma and Ronnie Lott (sue me, one of my favorite players ever). Also got a Dick Butckus Bears,  I loved the nasty way he played. Wait did you just call me obese? 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

My collection is Namath throwback  (got married second time in it), Johnny Abe, Jonathon Vilma and Ronnie Lott (sue me, one of my favorite players ever). Also got a Dick Butckus Bears,  I loved the nasty way he played. Wait did you just call me obese? 

We're BMI brothers 

My collection has been pared down to Gastineau and klecko.

But at one point I owned a Drob (lol), Santana moss, DBrick, and a chrebet 

If you want to instantly fit in with other Jets fans, rock a Wayne chrebet. Retired players can never let you down 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

We're BMI brothers 

My collection has been pared down to Gastineau and klecko.

But at one point I owned a Drob (lol), Santana moss, DBrick, and a chrebet 

If you want to instantly fit in with other Jets fans, rock a Wayne chrebet. Retired players can never let you down 

Yeah my son's rocked Penny, Coles, Chrebet, Brad Smith (yes that Brad smith) and few others. 

• Upvote 1

I have a Riggins 44 somewhere in moth balls that I had made custom at NFL shop in like 1999.  

I also have a #3 in white and in green with no name on the back that I used to wear to games from the 90's-early 00's stashed in the same box.  

I don't wear jerseys anymore. 

• Upvote 1