NFL Network predicts 3 wins for Jets

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

Apparently fighting for your job harms your confidence more than losing 80% of your games…

It’s funny, when the Jets brought Tebow in some very vocal fans blamed Tebow for taking Sanchez’s confidence away and ruining him forever.  Now it’s a joke that we havn’t bring in competition for our 2nd year QB as if that’s the key to his development.  

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What?  Rucker’s isn’t playing?  Based on what?  CJ isn’t either?  Where do you come up with this?  

Saying the Jets will struggle if they get a rash of injuries to key players isn’t really insightful.  Guess what, the Bills get a rash of injuries to key players when we’re playing them it betters the odds of a win.   Which is why the yearly prediction on the difficulty of a schedule is pointless.  All of this makes it just as pointless as thinking you know today who’ll be favored in an October matchup.  

Seems getting angry at Vegas lines and expert prognostications would be pointless by the exact same criteria. If I were so inclined to point out such a thing.

how the grinch stole christmas GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s funny, when the Jets brought Tebow in some very vocal fans blamed Tebow for taking Sanchez’s confidence away and ruining him forever.  Now it’s a joke that we havn’t bring in competition for our 2nd year QB as if that’s the key to his development.  

My point is if it matters, he ain’t the guy. It’s irrelevant.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Seems getting angry at Vegas lines would be pointless by the exact same criteria. If I were so inclined to point out such a thing.

how the grinch stole christmas GIF

As would be pointing out that lines out of Vegas aren’t necessarily meant to predict W/L records.  And just like predicting W/Ls in early July Vegas lines can change dramatically as the season unfolds.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

As would be pointing out that lines out of Vegas aren’t necessarily meant to predict W/L records.  And just like predicting W/Ls in early July Vegas lines can change dramatically as the season unfolds.  

Ya so knock it off ? 

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

My point is if it matters, he ain’t the guy. It’s irrelevant.

Again, competition ruined one QB when excuses and now it’s necessary.  He has the support needed to succeed.   Competition and the bs about confidence is fan speak.  That was the relevance

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Again, competition ruined one QB when excuses and now it’s necessary.  He has the support needed to succeed.   Competition and the bs about confidence is fan speak.  That was the relevance

Yeah seems we agree it’s baloney. Let’s both savor this moment of camaraderie and harmony.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What?  Rucker’s isn’t playing?  Based on what?  CJ isn’t either?  Where do you come up with this?  

Saying the Jets will struggle if they get a rash of injuries to key players isn’t really insightful.  Guess what, the Bills get a rash of injuries to key players when we’re playing them it betters the odds of a win.   Which is why the yearly prediction on the difficulty of a schedule is pointless.  All of this makes it just as pointless as thinking you know today who’ll be favored in an October matchup.  

Jeremy Ruckert has plantar facsiatis (I don't know how to spell it) in the foot from the senior bowl. He missed the combine, his pro day and Ota. 

Cj sprained his mcl in the playoffs and also did not participate in the Ota. He also tore his Achilles the year before.

Only Tyler Conklin got run with Zach. 

The Jets say both guys will be ready to go and perhaps they will be.

but the Jets say a lot of things. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

I am going to be an optimistic conspiracy theorist.  Maybe JD knows that this is not a playoff team, so he is not signing a serious, real backup QB because the season is all Zach.  If Zach cannot perform better than last year, then let the team crash and draft a new QB.  There is no sense for this team to have the backup QB win games for it.  

I am at 55/44 Zach Wilson is much better.   Zach and Josh Allen's rookie years were similarly bad.  Josh Allen was better in year 2 and the Bills made the playoffs because their team was so good overall.   I don't know whether the Jets defense is good enough, or if Zach can make the partial progress Josh Allen did.

3 wins is low, but if Zach is not better, its in the 4 range.  Yes, this is negative, but I think its realistic to ask to see the progress before you can predict a better team.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jeremy Ruckert has plantar facsiatis (I don't know how to spell it) in the foot from the senior bowl. He missed the combine, his pro day and Ota. 

Cj sprained his mcl in the playoffs and also did not participate in the Ota. He also tore his Achilles the year before.

So what does a foot injury in January have to do with him playing in September?  Didn’t he play at the senior bowl?  And was said to be the big winner that week due to his performance?  
Same as a sprained MCL, it’s a non injury.  Not playing in OTAs mean nothing for a vets availability in Sept.

Jets say a lot of things.  Just not as much as fans 

• Upvote 1

Jets are a team that needs to earn respect after stinking for 10 years, but this seems like a bit of a crazy prediction especially given that as many have pointed out they have us losing out against the weaker half of our schedule.

Like, even if Zach is equally bad in 2022 as he was in 2021 I don't see how we don't win more games than last year.

5 hours ago, Lith said:

Same guy has the Bears going 10-7, making the playoffs and refers to their matchup with the Bills as a "potential Super Bowl matchup."  

This should pump-up the Justin Fields' crazy fanbase. 

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Just about every year it's the same deal

*Jets suck the previous season*

Vegas/ESPN/NFLN/Some random blogger/Youtuber: "The Jets will probably suck again."

Some fans: "Wait, wuuuuuuuut? How dare they disrespect us!"

*Jets suck again*

Same fans: "How could we have seen this coming?"

Very true but you know words hurt right! 

Joking / not joking aside. 

Every year the talking heads start talking about W / L early and based on what?  No rosters are set,  no real practices,  they're basing a large part of it off of the assumption that all teams/players extend what they were doing the previous year. It's all guessing in a time when there is nothing else to write about. 

2 minutes ago, PorP said:

Very true but you know words hurt right! 

Joking / not joking aside. 

Every year the talking heads start talking about W / L early and based on what?  No rosters are set,  no real practices,  they're basing a large part of it off of the assumption that all teams/players extend what they were doing the previous year. It's all guessing in a time when there is nothing else to write about.

Pretty much, so it seems silly to take any of it super seriously.

And yet every year, here we are.

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Pretty much, so it seems silly to take any of it super seriously.

And yet every year, here we are.

That's cause we're the jets,  

I was mostly talking about other teams predictions.... 3 wins sounds about right for us ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PorP said:

That's cause we're the jets,  

I was mostly talking about other teams predictions.... 3 wins sounds about right for us ?

Personally, I'm expecting more than three wins. It just doesn't bother me if someone says different. It's up to the Jets to prove them wrong.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Personally, I'm expecting more than three wins. It just doesn't bother me if someone says different. It's up to the Jets to prove them wrong.

Me to bro. I was just joking. 

I called it out in another thread I expect em to either be 5 or 10 wins and is to early to tell which direction. 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Plantar Fasciitis is literally a death sentence. Literally. 

Parks And Recreation GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

As the old addage says: Fool me eleven times shame on you; fool me twelve times, shame on me.

I’m completely comfortable with being a little late on the “holy sh*t we don’t suck” bandwagon when it makes its bi-decade loop.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

just change the narrative at Halloween to “it’s actually better this way because the team wasn’t going anywhere anyway and now we get a better draft pick.” Then reload next summer and dive back in again.

I retired from "rooting for losses to get better draft position" after Sam Darnold was drafted.

I can't do it anymore. I'd rather not watch than go back to that type of fandom.

Is it really that much to ask for this team to be somewhat competitive? It's not a high bar.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I call BS.

The Jets won 4 games last year. Zach improving adds 3 wins. Guys coming back from injury adds another 3 wins. Our draft alone adds 3 wins. Saleh no longer being a rookie head coach is another couple of wins. Plus we added a bunch of new free agents which should be good for about 4 additional wins.

I’m thinking we go 19-0. We beat down a couple of teams so badly that the league gives us 2 wins for the game.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, y2k8 said:

I retired from "rooting for losses to get better draft position" after Sam Darnold was drafted.

I can't do it anymore. I'd rather not watch than go back to that type of fandom.

Is it really that much to ask for this team to be somewhat competitive? It's not a high bar.

I implemented a personal rule I now call The Darnold Rule. I don’t watch obvious bust QBs after their second year. And if we are being honest if I don’t see material positive trends in QB play after a few games give or take I’ll probably stop watching this season also. Still love the team but I have better things to do with my Sunday evenings and being in Europe means wrecking my Monday to stay up late to watch especially if not a 1pm game.  I can catch the lowlights the next day. If I was in US, I might have more tolerance but I dunno as I get older I’m a lot more jealous of my time.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

I implemented a personal rule I now called The Darnold Rule. I don’t watch obvious bust QB after their second year. And if we are being honest if I don’t see material positive trends in QB play after 6 games or so I’ll probably stop watching this season also. Still love the team but I have better things to do with my Sunday evenings and being in Europe means wrecking my Monday to stay up late to watch especially if not a 1pm game.  I can catch the lowlights the next day. If I was in US, I might have more tolerance but I dunno as I get older I’m a lot more jealous of my time.

Agree. We will have a good sense of what Zach is by the bye week. Call it the Darnold effect. But I wont be hoping any Jets QB turns into a FQB 3-4 years into their career. 25 games os roughly my threshold. I’m a big believer in Zach but if he is not looking the part mid way through this year, I’ll be watching draft prospects the rest of the year.

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I call BS.

The Jets won 4 games last year. Zach improving adds 3 wins. Guys coming back from injury adds another 3 wins. Our draft alone adds 3 wins. Saleh no longer being a rookie head coach is another couple of wins. Plus we added a bunch of new free agents which should be good for about 4 additional wins.

I’m thinking we go 19-0. We beat down a couple of teams so badly that the league gives us 2 wins for the game.

I expect the season to be over by Halloween… when the NFL acknowledges our utter dominance and just awards us the Lombardi then and there.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Agree. We will have a good sense of what Zach is by the bye week. Call it the Darnold effect. But I wont be hoping any Jets QB turns into a FQB 3-4 years into their career. 25 games os roughly my threshold. I’m a big believer in Zach but if he is not looking the part mid way through this year, I’ll be watching draft prospects the rest of the year.

It’s a very tiny list across all of NFL history. It would be like hoping the lottery will fund your retirement.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Sooo  take a roster decimated by injuries and full of rookies

Give them another year with same system and coaches

Get your rookie QB with a season under his belt

Add several solid free agent starters.

Add 4-5 high end rookies that should start or play quite a bit

And you lose more games than you did a year ago?

I dont see it

fBlXIGz6gH2z.gif.5a997470bd8869d7ac36e46d3e859994.gif

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-network-predicts-outcome-every-160526223.html

I have such hope that the decimated roster from last year is SOOOOO different from this year's roster/talent, there's no way we finish 3-14. How do these writers not account for that?

Too bad that Vegas doesn't listen to them. I'd mortgage my house on the over