Sometimes it’s hard to tell, but this is a site for Jet fans

slats

8 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Oh, you are ABSOLUTELY right.  My bad.  Here I was approaching the Jets like I was watching my daughter's swim meet.  How could I be so wrong!

And Zach could NEVER improve between years one and two.  Can't happen.  Never has.

Troy Aikman, amoung others, says hello.

Check out Elway's rookie season. Had bust written all over him.?

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Reasonable minds can def disagree. Again it just seems inconsistent with a board trying to be more positive to have a bunch of corpses dangling over our front door lol.

It's a fair point.

But, what can I say? I like Halloween.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Zach could NEVER improve between years one and two.  Can't happen.  Never has.

Textbook strawman argument.  No one, literally no one, says this so definitively.

We might say the odds are against it (and objectively, factually, they are), but we do NOT say it's impossible or can't happen. And more importantly, we do NOT say we're rooting for failure, we are all clearly rooting for the outlier, for the odds-breaker, for the guy to improve greatly and live up to his talent.

If we're going to get pooped on for our analysis or viewpoints, at least quote us warmly and accurately. 

Don't make up arguments we don't make.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Textbook strawman argument.  No one, literally no one, says this so definitively.

We might say the odds are against it (and objectively, factually, they are), but we do NOT say it's impossible or can't happen. And more importantly, we do NOT say we're rooting for failure, we are all clearly rooting for the outlier, for the odds-breaker, for the guy to improve greatly and live up to his talent.

If we're going to get pooped on for our analysis or viewpoints, at least quote us warmly and accurately. 

Don't make up arguments we don't make.

Tell you what.  I'll post my opinion, including sarcasm, and you post yours.  

And who is this "we" you refer to?  

Interestingly, I just took you off ignore today.  Lesson learned.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Accuses me of rep-hounding; cites rep he received as evidence that he’s doing the right thing here.

So smug.

For the record, I wasn’t accusing you of rep-hounding. I was simply observing it. 

19 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

I would strongly recommend you put me back on.  Better for both of us.  No harm no foul.

In fact, this community could use alot more use of the ignore feature.  It's literally there to help you avoid folks who bother you or who you don't want to engage with. 

It's the literal solution to 90% of the complaints in this thread.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I would strongly recommend you put me back on.  Better for both of us.

In fact, this community could use alot more use of the ignore feature.  It's literally there to help you avoid folks who bother you or who you don't want to engage with. 

It's the literal solution to 90% of the complaints in this thread.

This is a very good point and should -- IMHO -- precede any PSA concerning the overall tenor of the site.

We literally have a tool to curate our experience here. Sure, we can't pre-ignore the fly-by-night burner troll accounts but if another long-time member is impeding our enjoyment of the site, the Jets, life, or anything else -- all we have to do is press the button.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Last point and an unsolicited gripe...  You're all a bunch of grown men.  Stop obsessing over @T0mShane.  He's a good poster, obviously a well-known and longtime figure of this board, funny, with good insights when he shares them.  But, grow up.  He's another person behind a keyboard like the rest of us.  Some people talk about him ad nauseam - grow up and give it a rest.

The worst content on this site is the “I love Tom Shane” stuff. Dude takes other peoples talking points and makes them blend into an emotionally fragile ecosystem. He’s not Shakespeare. He’s a guy that folds his pizza like the rest of us.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm also going to say this, without even a whiff of sarcasm, and with nothing but sincerity:

@Maxman @slats@The Crusher 

And the other Mods too, don't want to leave them out. 

I love you guys.  I love that you give us all a place to live in the Jets Fan universe.  And that you generally give us the freedom to speak our minds without the censorship and heavy-handed moderation of other forums, both Jets and non-Jets.

A thread like this was never going to win over all parties, and it was always going to be divisive. 

But it's a worthy effort.  While you might take a few arrows in here, just know that some of us have so much appreciation for what you do for us.  

I think that needs said too.

Suck Up Season 3 GIF by The Office

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Tell you what.  I'll post my opinion, including sarcasm, and you post yours.  

And who is this "we" you refer to?  

@Warfish is one the the most well-reasoned, even-keeled, and least-threatening/disrespectful posters we have, which is amazing considering he's one the most engaging, never shying away from debating people he disagrees with, so it's shocking to me that anyone would feel the need to put him on ignore, and I think says more about you than it does about him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

@Warfish is one the the most well-reasoned, even-keeled, and least-threatening/disrespectful posters we have, which is amazing considering he's one the most engaging, never shying away from debating people he disagrees with, so it's shocking to me that anyone would feel the need to put him on ignore, and I think says more about you than it does about him.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) 

image.png.1476ed52a23bc04de9c872d61751c598.png

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The worst content on this site is the “I love Tom Shane” stuff. Dude takes other peoples talking points and makes them blend into an emotionally fragile ecosystem. He’s not Shakespeare. He’s a guy that folds his pizza like the rest of us.

I love/hate T0m Shane.

Just like I love/hate Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

Personally, I don't like the idea of people turning JN (or any medium, for that matter) into their own personal echo chamber by removing any posts/ideas that bother them, but that's just my opinion.

That what Twitter is for.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Personally, I don't like the idea of people turning JN (or any medium, for that matter) into their own personal echo chamber by removing any posts/ideas that bother them, but that's just my opinion.

I have zero on my ignore list. Just saying if someone bothers you so much that they make (as many have said here) the board "unreadable" then it's a feature that should be used with gusto.

Why expect the mods to clean up something you can easily take care of yourself with one click? 

• Upvote 2

Funny you should bring that up in of all things… this thread.

Animated GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I have zero on my ignore list. Just saying if someone bothers you so much that they make (as many have said here) the board "unreadable" then it's a feature that should be used with gusto.

True. It's there for people who have thin-skin and no self-control.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

True. It's there for people who have thin-skin and no self-control.

I won't pass a judgment just saying if someone bothers you so much that you expect the mods to deal with it, why not take care of the issue yourself?

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

I won't pass a judgment just saying if someone bothers you so much that you expect the mods to deal with it, why not take care of the issue yourself. 

2022 my friend. Stupidest timeline ever. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Huh?

I've only ever put one person on ignore, and that was a super-racist troll. Not sure what you mean here.

My bad if you thought that was a shot at you, I’d never do that… ?

My quoting your “echo chamber” comment was referring to this thread and whatever purpose it’s supposed to serve.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

My bad if you thought that was a shot at you, I’d never do that… ?

My quoting your “echo chamber” comment was referring to this thread and whatever purpose it’s supposed to serve.

Ah, got it. Just confused me as I didn't see it as so much as ironic as relevant to the topic at hand.