<<<<<<< Jets vs Eagles -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

2 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

It isn’t meant to be. That’s why Wilson’s inability to make accurate short throws was rather concerning - THOSE are the Bread&Butter plays of this scheme: Simply get the ball to your playmaker in stride to the predetermined spot. That’s what he did too blindly on that INT. 

sadly from what I’ve seen in person at every Jets 2021 home game and starting to conclude: Flacco and, White to a lesser degree, can run this offense better than Wilson the rookie. And now, with Wilson injured and still showing consistency issues - it could be a much worse case scenario than having Flacco and White as your QB to manage the offense.

#15 has moxie.

OLine did not instill confidence and will get ANYBODY taking snaps as QB killed if they dont improve. 

The inability to make short accurate throws is still a problem.  You saw it tonight and I saw it at camp when I went.  He has not improved on that from last year.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Buddy, you’re talking to a wall here.  I know the fact that your imaginary internet point total going down because you spent the entire thread overjoyed that Wilson got hurt has you seething right now, but I promise you, they’re still gonna keep coming, especially when you quote me.

Wait , your threatening me with negative reps ? Lol….that’s funny . The internet is not real life . Go drink your sorrows away kid . I’m plain clothes don’t work weekends anymore , heading to bed , got a nice family weekend planned …sons baseball game tomorrow followed by daughters competition cheer Sunday . Man stuff , you’ll understand it one day . Talk soon . 

• Thumb Down 1

41 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Wait , your threatening me with negative reps ? Lol….that’s funny . The internet is not real life . Go drink your sorrows away kid . I’m plain clothes don’t work weekends anymore , heading to bed , got a nice family weekend planned …sons baseball game tomorrow followed by daughters competition cheer Sunday . Man stuff , you’ll understand it one day . Talk soon . 

I do not care about your weekend whatsoever “plain clothes”, but ok.  Thank you for detailing it for me.  Something tells me the 3 mentions and multiple tags that I received, while I neg repped your emphatic celebration of our QB getting hurt, followed by the quoting of my posts, calling me a “clown” while screeching about my “credibility” (I thought the internet wasn’t real life), when I wasn’t talking to you directly, says you were a little bit more than upset, but whatever you say!

Dueces.

5 minutes ago, Jolot said:

This is why we can't have nice things...Really.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Yes, I have zero interest in doing so with a stop gap.

Yup. Having Jimmy win some games would be cool but we'd never be good enough to make an actual run in the playoffs, while being too good for a good pick. Like 2015 it would be cool in the moment, but doesn't really lay the foundation for more than that. 

Unless you're able to land a veteran like Manning, Brady, or Stafford you gotta draft a QB until you get it right. It's your best chance for deep, sustained success. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Yup. Having Jimmy win some games would be cool but we'd never be good enough to make an actual run in the playoffs, while being too good for a good pick. Like 2015 it would be cool in the moment, but doesn't really lay the foundation for more than that. 

Unless you're able to land a veteran like Manning, Brady, or Stafford you gotta draft a QB until you get it right. It's your best chance for deep, sustained success. 

Exactly.  At the end of the day, we’re not supplanting the Dolphins, let alone the Bills or Patriots, trotting out the likes of Gardner Minshew, Jimmy G., Mitchell Trubisky, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Case Keenum, etc. every so often.

Finding a young buck is the only path to legitimacy.

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Exactly.  At the end of the day, we’re not supplanting the Dolphins, let alone the Bills or Patriots, trotting out the likes of Gardner Minshew, Jimmy G., Mitchell Trubisky, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Case Keenum, etc. every so often.

Finding a young buck and ride that horse until it can’t ride any longer is the only path to legitimacy.

Agree on Trubisky and Minshew, but Jimmy G (if healthy) is a level above those QBs and would give us a legitimate shot at the playoffs.  He has a career completion percentage of 67% and his last 2 full seasons an average statline of-4000 yards passing, 24 TDs and 12 INTs.   His record was 22-9 as a starter over those last 2 years.

If Zach had a year like that, we would all be singing his praises as our future franchise QB.  Garropolo is only 30 years old, knows our offensive system and could be our QB of the future.

4 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Agree on Trubisky and Minshew, but Jimmy G (if healthy) is a level above those QBs and would give us a legitimate shot at the playoffs.  He has a career completion percentage of 67% and his last 2 full seasons an average statline or -4000 yards passing, 24 TDs and 12 INTs.

If Zach had a year like that, we would all be singing his praises as our future franchise QB.  Garropolo is only 30 years old, knows our offensive system and could be our QB of the future.

Respectfully, if any of this were true, Jimmy wouldn’t have been replaced by the team that traded a good amount of draft capital for him and gave him a large contract.  He was a pretty good game manager on a very loaded team.  He isn’t a franchise QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Can we ban this dickhead Max

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Respectfully, if any of this were true, Jimmy wouldn’t have been replaced by the team that traded a good amount of draft capital for him and gave him a large contract.  He was a pretty good game manager on a very loaded team.  He isn’t a franchise QB.

Yup, and that same team traded 3 firsts to draft a guy who has thrown like 500 passes in his entire football career because of the upside. 

The Niners are touted as a superior organization, and they too realized the value in taking a swing at a young and talented QB. 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

What is a franchise QB?  I just want a QB that can win us games.  There are only a handful of Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Brady, and Rodgers.  We don’t have one and aren’t getting one of those guys.

Jimmy G. is a QB that can complete a high percentage of passes, not turn the ball over, and score points.  He proved he can take a team to a Super Bowl and was within minutes of winning one.  We are literally trying to copy the offense he ran in San Francisco.  It makes sense on so many levels.  

I agree he is obviously not on the level of those top tier QBs, but we can’t just snap our fingers and get one of those guys.  Jimmy G is the best option available to us if we want to win in the next 2-3 year window.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

You can walk with an acl, you just can't stop suddenly.

I know a lot of 40+ year olds who tore it and didn't have the surgery.   As long as you're not water skiing or playing soccer (things like that) you are fine without it.

I knew he could walk. But they would not want any professional athlete walking around if they felt he had a torn ACL. Nevermind a star QB.

This is actually the first indication that I had that it wasn’t that bad. 

On the bright side, Wilson would be able to lean on his biggest strength, given that he’d ONLY be able to make off-platform throws.

This strength Wilson has; elaborate, expound , show your work. Not seeing any such thing. Because him getting hurt may mean objectively a better QB that is not him . His INT tonight was awful but typical.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 minutes ago, Bugg said:

This strength Wilson has; elaborate, expound , show your work. Not seeing any such thing. Because him getting hurt may mean objectively a better QB that is not him . His INT tonight was awful but typical.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The 5 yard out 2 feet over the receivers head was just as alarming. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The 5 yard out 2 feet over the receivers head was just as alarming. 

Seriously. I just let out a sigh.

Yeah first throw of the preseason and whatever but it’s more of the same. Those ate automatic for good QB’s.

I hope Zach is alright to go but the signs have been pretty consistently terrible since that Pats game.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

What is a franchise QB?  I just want a QB that can win us games.  There are only a handful of Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Brady, and Rodgers.  We don’t have one and aren’t getting one of those guys.

Jimmy G. is a QB that can complete a high percentage of passes, not turn the ball over, and score points.  He proved he can take a team to a Super Bowl and was within minutes of winning one.  We are literally trying to copy the offense he ran in San Francisco.  It makes sense on so many levels.  

I agree he is obviously not on the level of those top tier QBs, but we can’t just snap our fingers and get one of those guys.  Jimmy G is the best option available to us if we want to win in the next 2-3 year window.  

I completely agree.

We have to evaluate the roster, we have to evaluate Douglas and these drafts we’ve hyped up. Garoppolo allows us to do that and it’s worth spending a bit more to get it done. If you’re bad with Jimmy then you’re a bad team. He will go as the team goes.

This is assuming the worst for Zach is true. If it’s 4-5 weeks or so they’ll just wait it out. Feels like it will provide a convenient excuse if things go badly though.

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The inability to make short accurate throws is still a problem.  You saw it tonight and I saw it at camp when I went.  He has not improved on that from last year.

So then no multiple Super Bowls anymore?

• Haha 2

Only had time to see the first half...

I thought Bob W was annoying to listen to - Ross Tucker is even worse.  Had to turn sound off.

1.  Zack was, um, terrible.

2.  Whitehead needs to learn how to tackle.  I hate these guys that expect to tackle folks by bumping into them and not using their hands.

3.  Run blocking was terrible.  I know its PS1 but maybe they could have run at least once to the right side in the first half.

4.  Berios had a nice return.  Good punt coverage.  Nice 4th down stop.  Loved the 16-yard drive even though it only ked to a FG.

5.  G Wison had a couple nice first down catches. 

6.  Mims failed to get separation from what I could see.

All in all, with the exception of Zach, pretty much as ugly as I expected.