Congrats to Braden Mann

Lith

Just now, Alka said:

I think Bill Bellicheck's philosophy is that he wants football players at every position.  What that means is that if you need a cornerback to play safety, or a running back to block, or a tight end to be a running back in certain situations, they can do it, because they are not just stuck in one position, they are football players and can do multiple things.  Even beyond what I just mentioned.

I think that the one great positive of Mann is that he is a football player.  He is not just a punter, who can do no more than punt.  That, I feel, is where Mann actually stands out, and he did so in this game.

Can he play Safety?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

From the outhouse to the penthouse in one week.  I would guess it was the non-punting stuff he did that won it, but without the fake punt and onside kick, there is no way we win that game.

Why is it that Jets punters end up with more passing highlights than the QB ?

nod to Tom Tupa welcoming Braden Mann to the AllTimeJets prestigious Passing Punters Club. Lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would guess it was the non-punting stuff he did that won it, but without the fake punt and onside kick, there is no way we win that game.

Probably, but he was solid punting with a 47 yard average and two inside the 20. Much deserved, imho, and I’m happy for him as yet another target from the worst draft that there ever was. Ashtyn Davis should get the best single snap performance of the week award. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Ashtyn Davis should get the best single snap performance of the week award. 

How about of the year?  I don't believe he played in one single play outside of special teams last week.  I could be wrong on that, but I think it might be so.

49 minutes ago, slats said:

Probably, but he was solid punting with a 47 yard average and two inside the 20. Much deserved, imho, and I’m happy for him as yet another target from the worst draft that there ever was. Ashtyn Davis should get the best single snap performance of the week award. 

Was going to point out that his PUNTING performance was much improved from last week. 

1 hour ago, Alka said:

I think Bill Bellicheck's philosophy is that he wants football players at every position.  What that means is that if you need a cornerback to play safety, or a running back to block, or a tight end to be a running back in certain situations, they can do it, because they are not just stuck in one position, they are football players and can do multiple things.  Even beyond what I just mentioned.

I think that the one great positive of Mann is that he is a football player.  He is not just a punter, who can do no more than punt.  That, I feel, is where Mann actually stands out, and he did so in this game.

Great post.

Mann was drafted to punt and he has a good leg.  Seems like the injury has affected him previously but he can punt for sure!  Your point is excellent though.  Mann can pass for a completion, he's good at onside kicks, and we know he can tackle.  He's a player that forces opponents to think a little bit, to plan for fake punts, etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

I second this. He's a punter that can't even punt lol.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

From the outhouse to the penthouse in one week.  I would guess it was the non-punting stuff he did that won it, but without the fake punt and onside kick, there is no way we win that game.

In fairness he also put two punts inside the 20. I just wish he would be more consistent. There are games he is quite good and there are times he isn’t so good.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Heck, if Flacco didn't play well this week I'd say can he play QB since the fake punt was a good pass, though it is easy to throw a pass when nobody is ready for it. But, how many times do punters do that and it is incomplete.

Highest passer rating in Jets history (more than 10 attempts) is owned by a punter so why not?