Corey Davis

Shelbyblue

On Davis, I think he's been a fine, steadying presence to the WR corps, when on the field.  I don't really care about his money.  You need to overpay players to get them to come to this sh*t franchise right now.  By my amateur reading of spotrac, he is also cuttable (along with JFM and Lawson) after this season with minimal penalty.

His penalty yesterday was inexcusable given the situation. The kind of play that loser teams make. A total loser play. That said, Eli Apple is a notorious piece of sh*t and whatever happened I'm sure he deserved a negating flag himself.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I don't think Moore's game is 3rd and 12 jump ball fades.  I blame his sluggish start on LaFleur.

1 minute ago, rldev said:

Elijah Moore can catch contested balls. That's a fact. Corey Davis, meh.

most were calling Moore the X in the offseason and during camp, now everyone seems to have amnesia

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Shelbyblue said:

What a waste of money, this guy is either injured, dropping balls or causing penalties. Seems like free agents come here to get a check for free before being out the league.

Every agent with a marquee client knows you only use the Jets to shop around the offer… until your client is looking for a final bonanza before hitting the autograph circuit.

• Upvote 1

Davis has $700K in dead money and $10 million cap savings after this year and has a cap figure of $13 million this season.

With his contract, veteran status and with our ability to pay some of his salary, he is a VERY tradeable player as the season progresses.  A contending team like Green Bay could be willing to part with a 4th round pick which would be a great value for someone like Davis who should be the 3rd option on this team. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

In before the 

“lOoK aT CoReYs StAtS” clowns come in

how about this stat

Not to challenge the great Connor Hughes, but Jet X Factor just posted a counter narrative this morning that the Jets WR's were getting open the whole game and Flacco just sucks...

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Was at that scrim/game yesterday... what is up with the complete lack of replays on the stadium screens ??? Absolute joke presentation.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Which plays would you have liked to see twice?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Was at that scrim/game yesterday... what is up with the complete lack of replays on the stadium screens ??? Absolute joke presentation.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Presume the same thing that happened to the Broadcast, "Technical Difficulties".

On Sunday ticket, the stream was finally good (first week for that so far), but the CBS Stream broken down badly later in the game, and for a while the game was being announced by the main TV Show crew back in the studio, with a single fixed (very far away) camera angle.

Seems MetLife has some serious issues yesterday.

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Our WR's > Our O-Line > Our QB's

This group of WR's, with a competent QB and O-line, I have no doubt whatsoever they would produce well.

I am of the belief that this fanbase misplaces alot of it's frustration on the WR's that rightfully belongs on the QB (and his O-line).

JMO.

Game planning and play calling can have an impact, too.  I'd really like to be able to talk to a couple D-coordinators of other teams, off the record, so to speak, to find out if maybe the Jets' game plans and in-game adjustments are easy to cope with.  Are the Jets trying to make their plans fit the players they have, or try to force the players into their system/plans?

The pass blocking situation at LT is so bad right now that it could derail the O entirely.  Fant or Brown really needs to get healthy and step up.

Corey Davis always struck me as one of those signings Douglas made because he needed bodies on the roster not because it was a great signing. The receivers were so bad when Douglas got here that any run of the mill receiver in the league was an upgrade but not intended to be a long term solution. Maybe I am giving Douglas too much credit there, but that's why I don't really waste time thinking about Davis and his shortcomings.