week 14 vs bills = loss

week 15 vs detroit = win, we are better and zach will have settled in by now

week 16 vs jacksonville = win

week 17 vs seatlle = easy win over geno

week 18 vs miami = loss

I easily see 9 more wins

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Just promote LaFluer. We'll probably have to grit our teeth and take some lumps while he adjusts to being a HC (and he may not even have the chops) but he might be the first Jets OC that actually knows what he's doing since Brett Favre told Schotty to shut the hell up and go sit in the corner.

Sean Payton is a pipe dream.

If things keep going this way, not at all crazy. Mostly becaue Johson is cheap. There's no wya in hell he beats Jerry Jones in a bidding war for Payton. He always goes cheap. 

Saleh has a front 7 that is flush with hight draft picks and free agent $. They're incapable of mounting a pass rush, and yesterday they faced a Bnegals OL that's been horrific in pass protection. 

Have a great cover corner in Sauce and play some kind of weak ass zone that negates that. And somehow managed to leave Jamar Chase completely by7 himself in the end zone. How does that happen? Didn't every DB meeting all week end with "make sure we have a body on Chase?" 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Bugg said:

If things keep going this way, not at all crazy. Mostly becaue Johson is cheap. There's no wya in hell he beats Jerry Jones in a bidding war for Payton. He always goes cheap. 

Saleh has a front 7 that is flush with hight draft picks and free agent $. They're incapable of mounting a pass rush, and yesterday they faced a Bnegals OL that's been horrific in pass protection. 

Have a great cover corner in Sauce and play some kind of weak ass zone that negates that. And somehow managed to leave Jamar Chase completely by7 himself in the end zone. How does that happen? Didn't every DB meeting all week end with "make sure we have a body on Chase?" 

Saleh and/or Ulbrich are clearly in over their heads. Maybe Saleh will get better as a HC, maybe not. It may not even happen with the Jets. Maybe he'll go the Pete Carrol route. Saleh was touted as one of those "CEO types" and not just a mere coordinator, after all.

I wonder if, had Saleh/hired a veteran DC to run the defense, rather than his rookie friend, if things would be looking better right now.

3 hours ago, heymangold said:

mcdaniel is the HC in miami.  mcdaniels is in LV

3 hours ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Sorry you’re correct

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Impressive! I can't even keep my own kids names straight.

-A. Cromartie.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Saleh and/or Ulbrich are clearly in over their heads. Maybe Saleh will get better as a HC, maybe not. It may not even happen with the Jets. Maybe he'll go the Pete Carrol route. Saleh was touted as one of those "CEO types" and not just a mere coordinator, after all.

I wonder if, had Saleh/hired a veteran DC to run the defense, rather than his rookie friend, if things would be looking better right now.

The Jets pass defense is currently 32nd in DVOA through 3 games after finishing last overall in 2021. It’s fair to ask where Saleh is adding any value at this point. If Trubisky carves up the Jets a change at least at DC in season will have to be made. The “it’s just going to click” talking point is absolute horsesh*t at this point. Gardner giving up touchdowns while covering air two weeks in a row, like Bob you gotta fix that. Figure it out or make a change. The QB situation is bad, what else is new. The pass defense being historically bad is the indicator that this coaching staff needs to go however.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets pass defense is currently 32nd in DVOA through 3 games after finishing last overall in 2021. It’s fair to ask where Saleh is adding any value at this point. If Trubisky carves up the Jets a change at least at DC in season will have to be made. The “it’s just going to click” talking point is absolute horsesh*t at this point. 

He is only adding value preaching to the youngsters, but even guys like Q aren’t buying it as we saw.  Soon we’ll be hearing that ulbright is on the hot seat b/c saleh will need to jettison someone for the blame. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Just promote LaFluer. We'll probably have to grit our teeth and take some lumps while he adjusts to being a HC (and he may not even have the chops) but he might be the first Jets OC that actually knows what he's doing since Brett Favre told Schotty to shut the hell up and go sit in the corner.

Sean Payton is a pipe dream.

So you want a 12 year old HC who’s proven absolutely nothing in the NFL? Sorry, my friend, but this is crazy talk.

30 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I was just reading an article about OC vs DC for coaching jobs and there is really no difference.

Hire a good and proven coach. Enough of rookie coaches.

Not surprised by that fact of OC or DC not really mattering at the HC level.  I don't think Saleh has a huge influence over what LaFleur is doing on offense.  Either it works or it doesn't.  Sean McDermott is a defensive guy and Buffalo's offense has been great for 2+ years now.

55 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets pass defense is currently 32nd in DVOA through 3 games after finishing last overall in 2021. It’s fair to ask where Saleh is adding any value at this point. If Trubisky carves up the Jets a change at least at DC in season will have to be made. The “it’s just going to click” talking point is absolute horsesh*t at this point. Gardner giving up touchdowns while covering air two weeks in a row, like Bob you gotta fix that. Figure it out or make a change. The QB situation is bad, what else is new. The pass defense being historically bad is the indicator that this coaching staff needs to go however.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't mean to imply that we need to give them time to "click". I'm not feeling particularly patient right now.

Just meant that maybe Saleh will be a good HC one day, seeing as he was highly touted as one of those CEO types, rather than this season's "hot coordinator." Could be not until after we fire his ass and he spends some time in college somewhere learning from his mistakes. Even though, so far, his motivational skills have not impressed at all.

I agree that Ulbrich/the scheme have been straight trash thus far into their tenure. I wouldn't mind a change at some point if it continues this season. Would Saleh even have the cajones to bring in a veteran DC, or will he be threatened by having another big dick in the room usurping his authority? 

Last year I was willingly to believe it was just the talent that was bad, but now I'm beginning to think it's the scheme. How the **** does a multi All Pro LB like Mosley look so ******* useless?

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

He is only adding value preaching to the youngsters, but even guys like Q aren’t buying it as we saw.  Soon we’ll be hearing that ulbright is on the hot seat b/c saleh will need to jettison someone for the blame. 

Yeah, that was not a positive vibe. Feels like Saleh could lose the locker room if it continues.

Like I said in the GDT, this season could get ugly.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

So you want a 12 year old HC who’s proven absolutely nothing in the NFL? Sorry, my friend, but this is crazy talk.

It's probably premature to suggest it now, but he's the only one I have any hope in being any good, but perhaps that's because the bar is so god damn low, and my feelings could quickly change. And, if he looks competent, at some point, some team will offer him a HC position. If we're looking for a offensive HC, why not him? If Lafleur happens to look good here, why let him walk, unless we're getting someone like Sean Payton, which -- spoiler alert -- we're not.

Now, if the idea is to hire a defensive guy as HC and keep Lafleur to run the O, then cool. Hell promote Boyer to HC for all I care. There's, like, a 90% chance that whomever Woody or JD choose is gonna blow anyway.

With all that said, I might hate Lafleur this time next week.

This idea that any team needs to hire an offensive minded coach is getting old and is not based in reality. The offensive coordinator runs the offense and that is sometimes the head coach. People act like defensive coaches who become head coaches somehow do not care about scoring points. Does anyone really think that Saleh is sandbagging Mike LaFleur's progress because he is a defensive coordinator? "Hey Mike, do me a favor, we need more three and outs because I want the defense on the field sooner."

The last 21 Super Bowls have been won by ten offensive minded coaches, ten defensive minded coaches and one special teams coach.