where in the world is garret wilson

On 10/3/2022 at 9:14 PM, Maynard13 said:

Zach is just more comfortable with Davis, Berrios and Moore right now as he has played a year with them.  What's the worry here? 

Joe flacco has has less time and let the kids make him look great. The fact that Zach is not following suit is the issue

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2022 at 7:45 PM, Mogglez said:

He was on the field but he had, by my count, at least 3 drops, 2 of which single handedly killed a drive. Meanwhile Corey Davis was far and away the most reliable pair of hands we had yesterday.  Zach found Garrett for a big play towards the end of the game, but his lack of yards and catches fall on him.  He needs to spend some time on the jugs machine, because he’s had some not-so-great drops dating back to training camp.

Three drops???? I watched the game twice and I saw only one drop. PFF also had him down for one drop. 

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Three drops???? I watched the game twice and I saw only one drop. PFF also had him down for one drop. 

He definitely had two drops back to back that I remember. 

TV didn't pick up the first, it only became apparent when it went from 2nd and 9 to 3rd and 9. It was pretty bad tbh.

PFF are never to be trusted.

• Upvote 2

We have 3 WRers now that would likely be starting on a ton of teams. Davis, moore, and Wilson will all take turns being the guy. They all have good skill sets, I wouldn’t expect the jets / Zach to just force feed Garrett Wilson the ball. Teams now have to account for all 3 of these guys. It’s a good problem to have.

On 10/3/2022 at 7:38 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I really hope sunday was not a sign of his usage going forward? I mean was he hurt of something...

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He is was just starting to tee it up and now we have more throws to c Davis, Moore and berrios. Surely we can find a few extra targets for Garret right Zach? C'mon man

He was dealing with injured ribs.  
One game with a rookie and we’re supposed to worry about usage?

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He is was just starting to tee it up and now we have more throws to c Davis, Moore and berrios. Surely we can find a few extra targets for Garret right Zach? C'mon man

You’re not even accurate in the statements you make. GW was 2nd on the team in targets this past Sunday with 6.

E61C74B6-6EAD-410F-B2DC-DA197171D637.png

• Upvote 2

On 10/3/2022 at 7:38 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I really hope sunday was not a sign of his usage going forward? I mean was he hurt of something...

Flacco was force feeding Wilson, and ignoring everyone else. ZW completed passes to 7 different receivers on Sunday. This is something that Bart and WiIlie touched upon also in the post game.  Wilson will get his targets more and more as teams start to realize he isn't the only guy you have to cover on the Jets. Or is someone more concerned with their own fantasy team over the real team?

On 10/4/2022 at 5:10 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

All-Pro Braxton Berrios had a TD pass.

image.thumb.png.9160f89f81e9e07090fb6f5330ee75b6.png

Here comes yet another QB controversy. Just when things looked a bit brighter. Personally, I think that we should start Berrios at QB for the rest of the year and see what the kid has.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Here comes yet another QB controversy. Just when things looked a bit brighter. Personally, I think that we should start Berrios at QB for the rest of the year and see what the kid has.

Don't forget Braden Mann.  Perfect career passing %.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Where in the world is Jeremy Ruckert?! Get this man on the field. Toss Uzomah to the bench. Ruckert can block, he can catch. Get him in there. 

Tight end is probably one of the tougher transitions from college to the pros, and the position is highlighted in this offense. I suspect that they’re purposefully bringing him along slowly. He is the best blocker of the group after Conklin, and maybe even including him. He’ll get out there. They want him to be a complete TE. 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

7 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Wilson had 2 drops and another called back for a penalty. Had those counted he would have like 5\70 which would be his 2nd most productive day of the year 

7 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He had back to back drops, second one looked like he caught it short of the marker but it was actually a drop. No one cares because we had to punt regardless 

Yeah, this is the problem with PFF and how they they grade.  They take it upon themselves to go against the grain and make their own determinations.  There was a similar situation last year where they claimed Becton hadn’t given up a sack vs CAR, despite the fact that there is film of him getting beat right off the snap and being directly responsible for a sack.

Wilson single handedly killed a drive by dropping 2 passes, back-to-back.  If you look up “Garrett Wilson drops” on Twitter, and sort by “latest”, you’ll see plenty of tweets backing this up.  In no way, shape, or form am I doubting GW, or attacking him, I’m just simply pointing out that he has had an issue with drops so far, dating back to TC.  I’m sure he’ll get it under control.

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2022 at 11:15 PM, ryu79 said:

If he catches the two he dropped or had the play on the last drive not called back, he's probably at 60-70 yards again...

I think his ribs probably had him hearing footsteps and distracted from catching properly. 

That said - he is a joy to watch and seems to get open so effortlessly. 

My one gripe - am I the only one who thinks he needs to stop making the second cut back and just go forward with his full pace after the catch? I feel like him and Elijah are both trying to embarrass CBs breaking ankles instead of flexing their 4.3 speed and just running by people? When he caught that ball in the fourth from Zach and broke the first man I thought he was gone and then he jukes the second guy instead of taking off...

Moore had one where he lost yards running horizontally up field instead of grabbing another couple of yards and striking out of bounds even! 

Hope our WR coaches have a word. 

I wholehearted agree with your assessment regarding Wilsons propensity to try and make that cut back.  I guess he didn't know the defender was so close to him from behind but if he just keeps on running he may have gotten another few yards or even possibly broken a tackle.   I really hope it is something he looks at on the film.   Same for Moore losing yardage on that one play.   I was saying to myself; "what the hell is he doing".  Thankfully it didn't cost us the first down or anything.    You will notice that on that big play he made in the 4th, he just took off and didn't try and get "cute".  Maybe he learned something from that earlier play.    

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, this is the problem with PFF and how they they grade.  They take it upon themselves to go against the grain and make their own determinations.  There was a similar situation last year where they claimed Becton hadn’t given up a sack vs CAR, despite the fact that there is film of him getting beat right off the snap and being directly responsible for a sack.

Wilson single handedly killed a drive by dropping 2 passes, back-to-back.  If you look up “Garrett Wilson drops” on Twitter, and sort by “latest”, you’ll see plenty of tweets backing this up.  In no way, shape, or form am I doubting GW, or attacking him, I’m just simply pointing out that he has had an issue with drops so far, dating back to TC.  I’m sure he’ll get it under control.

I will cut him a little slack but he needs to do a better job of looking the ball all the way in before trying to make his move.   I chalk some of this up to him trying to perhaps "do too much".   Just make the catch; if you can get YAC that is great but the most important this is making sure you catch the football.   

• Upvote 1