Jets Activate DL Vinny Curry From IR Release TE Lawrence Cager Call Up OL Mike Remmers and TE Kenny Yeboah

glad to see Yeboah back. i hope he actually plays this time. you would think he has to be faster than the TEs we have now so that could be a nice to have a TE that LB have a hard time covering.

i think Cager just couldnt do the TE position. he is 6-5 220. he isnt blocking a LB. Yeboah as bad as he was at blocking is a bigger guy 6-4 240 but smaller than the rest of the TEs

Brown showing up on Friday's injury report makes me nervous. Hope he is still good to go for Sunday.

Glad to have Curry back. They can take their time letting Jermaine get right vs pushing him back too soon. Everybody was ready to write off Rankins and he's playing pretty well. A healthy Curry would add another piece to our formidable DLine group. 

41 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

So confused, we came out week 1 featuring Cager and now he’s off the team 

He had his shot, that he earned by a real good camp. He just didn’t capitalize on it. Let’s not forget- at this level, you’re supposed to play like the best players on the planet. When you don’t - it’s over. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Or he replaces MrDermott as the back up swing tackle.

Remmers has 30" arms, who the fvck needs him!

McDermott arms are close to 35". He scored exceptionally

well on the agility drills at his Combine. Was his state's Mr. Basketball

and has done a nice job as a pass protector at right tackle

2 hours ago, doitny said:

glad to see Yeboah back. i hope he actually plays this time. you would think he has to be faster than the TEs we have now so that could be a nice to have a TE that LB have a hard time covering.

i think Cager just couldnt do the TE position. he is 6-5 220. he isnt blocking a LB. Yeboah as bad as he was at blocking is a bigger guy 6-4 240 but smaller than the rest of the TEs

Eh, could care less about Yeboah or Cager, but it would be great if Uzo, Conk and Ruck made some plays. I expected a lot more TE damage from our O this year.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Remmers has 30" arms, who the fvck needs him!

McDermott arms are close to 35". He scored exceptionally

well on the agility drills at his Combine. Was his state's Mr. Basketball

and has done a nice job as a pass protector at right tackle

AVT has 32 inch arms and he has done just fine at both tackle spots

Heres McDermotts scouting report coming out- I’ve seen nothing to tell me that it’s wrong,

POSITIVES

A two-and-a-half-year starter at left tackle for UCLA, Conor McDermott has NFL bloodlines; his brother, Kevin, long-snaps for the Minnesota Vikings. McDermott definitely looks the part at 6'8", 307 pounds and with massive 11-inch hands and 34 ¾-inch arms. You see his basketball background on the field with his quick feet and his balance. He understands timing, angles and how to move with grace to either meet edge-rushers with his body or how to step and punch to throw them off balance. McDermott is a bouncy player with good movement in space.

NEGATIVES

A lack of play power is a big concern. McDermott was destroyed when matched up against Myles Garrett because he's susceptible to power and countermoves off hard outside steps. Bull rushes beat him almost every time, and he'll have to learn to play with better leg bend and more power to be an asset against power rushers. For a former basketball player, his movement laterally is clunky when he has to change directions quickly. He's weak on the inside and will be killed by 5-technique defenders. McDermott simply has to get stronger and fill out his lanky frame with good muscle to ever sniff the playing field in the NFL.