Allright fellas, lets talk bye week

18 hours ago, jamesr said:

AFC looks like having 9 teams left competing for 7 places. All 4 AFCE teams, Ravens, Bengals, Chiefs, Chargers, Titans. 

With the North teams - either way we lose the head to head tie breaker so have to finish with a better record than the #2 there. No idea about the West at this stage as we don't play those teams. South is no issue as it's Titans and no-one else.

Then there's the East. We have a leg up on Buffalo and Miami so far, but the NE game is a critical one both for the record overall and the head to head. Win and we're two games up with a head to head tie. Otherwise we're tied on record and lose the head to head.

Road trips to two division leaders won't be easy, but I don't fear either team at this stage. Cousins? Nah, we can win that one. Geno? Plenty storylines, but it's the road trip and the environment that worries me more than the team does. Chicagi, Detroit and Jax at home ... Bears are rounding into form but we've already played and beaten a better version of Fields and a stronger D to boot, so we can win that one if we prepare right. 

There will be losses ... but right now I don't see any game that we can't win as things stand. Beat the Patsies - the rest will take care of itself.

Titans really are not involved with the Jets as they will win their division. 

Bengals have games against Chiefs, Bucanneers and Ravens and then also NE and Buffalo

In addition to us NE plays Bills twice, Miami, Vikings

Dolphins play NE and Buf but otherwise their schedule is pretty soft but they play the Chargers and maybe the 49ers play well against them. 

NE game is huge. We likely make playoffs if we win that game

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Titans really are not involved with the Jets as they will win their division. 

Bengals have games against Chiefs, Bucanneers and Ravens and then also NE and Buffalo

In addition to us NE plays Bills twice, Miami, Vikings

Dolphins play NE and Buf but otherwise their schedule is pretty soft but they play the Chargers and maybe the 49ers play well against them. 

NE game is huge. We likely make playoffs if we win that game

Agreed about the next NE game.  It is a must win if we really have playoff aspirations.

16 hours ago, ECURB said:

I can see them winning out… 14-3

Why not us? Why not now?

The bills game was the hardest

We face the Bills again, Miami with Tua playing a full game is pretty good, and NE is always worrying to me even when they suck.

After that the only teams I'm really worried about are the Vikings and the Seahawks, but both of them run on strong offenses, which I think can be neutralized by our defense.

I see at worst 9-8 and at best 12-5

On 11/7/2022 at 6:35 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

6-3 w/ the easy part of the schedule coming up.  The playoffs are a lock and a division crown is well within reach.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

Things I expect during the bye:

*Get healthy- Fant, Mitchell, CD84 etc.

*Zach relaxed, reboots and comes out confident for the stretch run

*James Robinson gets a full grasp of the playbook

*Mimsy role expanding.  Would like to see sets w/ Mimsy and Davis on the outside w/ garrett in the slot

*I see Elijah Moore being a healthy scratch moving forward unless someone gets hurt.

This post is as legit as the Powerball drawing last night er..... this morning.

On 11/7/2022 at 6:57 PM, doitny said:

Bears have the # 3 passing defense. they could stymie Zach like Denver and GB did.

The Tennessee school for the blind could stymie Zach.  It's a ground and pound offense.   Their defense will not factor in on his "skillset".  We will play it tight against them.  I foresee a 15-12 game against them.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hex said:

We face the Bills again, Miami with Tua playing a full game is pretty good, and NE is always worrying to me even when they suck.

After that the only teams I'm really worried about are the Vikings and the Seahawks, but both of them run on strong offenses, which I think can be neutralized by our defense.

I see at worst 9-8 and at best 12-5

The problem is we play Miami, Buffalo, New England, Minny, and Seattle all on the road. Thats a tall order. I see this team going 3-4 or 4-3 over the last 7. I'm thinking 10-7 gets you in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/7/2022 at 9:18 PM, FootballLove said:

Next two games, both away games, will determine our future.

Have to go into NE and settle the score. Make Mac Jones look helpless, and humiliate the Pats at home.

Then, onto Chicago. Apparently, Fields is the new Lamar Jackson. Handle the Bears, and we're going into the rest of the season at 8-3.

Our games against Geno Smith and Tiny Tua don't scare me as much now that Sauce/Reed and Company are playing lights out. Could force both of those teams to abandon the pass and try running the rock against our front 7. Good luck with that!

This is really how I feel as well. The NE game will be HUGE. Its a big confidence game. The Jets will be coming in with a score to settle and a lot to prove. Zach will be amped. The defense will be angry. They will really, really, really want this one and a loss will be mentally devastating. But I think this is a game they win- IMO. 

The Chicago game is more of an avoiding a trap game situation. Coming off a BIG win in NE, its easy to have a let down game coming back home to Metlife. They cannot allow that to happen and must not look passed the Bears.  

I don't think you can look too far beyond the next 2 games. A lot can change. I think we all know the Vikings game in MINN will be really tough. And the Bills game in Buffalo (depending on Allen's status) will also be a really hard game to win. The Bills will want their own taste of revenge. But if the Jets are 8-3 at this point, even tacking on two losses, with the remaining schedule, should get them into the playoffs. 

Lion and Jags are two home games the Jets should win, but of course anything can happen...especially injuries. 

And we end the season with two tough, critical road games that I would argue are toss-ups. The Seahawks are much better than expected and can very well play well enough to beat the Jets. And the Dolphins are talented enough on offense that they can outscore the Jets, even with our vaunted defense. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The problem is we play Miami, Buffalo, New England, Minny, and Seattle all on the road. Thats a tall order. I see this team going 3-4 or 4-3 over the last 7. I'm thinking 10-7 gets you in the playoffs. 

We are 4-0 on the road this season. I don't know if that's a fluke or a pattern yet though.

9 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Ok. True. But I see the NE game as a game the Jets will be not only rested for after the bye but absolutely revved up for...with Zach prepared and wanting a chance to prove himself and the defense playing angry. I think the Jets, despite being on the road, will have the EDGE in the NE game. 

Allen COULD miss the game in Buffalo. So that could change EVERYTHING. Just depends on his injury. 

And Miami and Seattle even on the road are not exactly what I would call unbeatable.

So I'm looking at the schedule and of the 8 remaining games I only see Minn and Buff (IF ALLEN PLAYS) as definite losses. The rest are a combination of games the Jets should win and tough games that are pretty much toss-ups. JMHO.  

10 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Ok. True. But I see the NE game as a game the Jets will be not only rested for after the bye but absolutely revved up for...with Zach prepared and wanting a chance to prove himself and the defense playing angry. I think the Jets, despite being on the road, will have the EDGE in the NE game. 

Allen COULD miss the game in Buffalo. So that could change EVERYTHING. Just depends on his injury. 

And Miami and Seattle even on the road are not exactly what I would call unbeatable.

So I'm looking at the schedule and of the 8 remaining games I only see Minn and Buff (IF ALLEN PLAYS) as definite losses. The rest are a combination of games the Jets should win and tough games that are pretty much toss-ups. JMHO.  

I don't see any games as definite losses.  I think this team has earned that much, but I will buy prohibitive underdog.  I never see how being "revved up" is supposed to matter.  Going into the 1st Pats game, all we heard was how the team remembered having the score run up and they were going to get even.  Well, they came out hot and were doing great.  Then they a call went against them and they sh*t their pants for the next hour.  They should beat the Pats.  They seem to be the better team, but that was true a couple of weeks ago too. 

49 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Its a big confidence game. The Jets will be coming in with a score to settle and a lot to prove. Zach will be amped.

Con game?  ?

And I think the Patriots are counting on the latter.  The more "amped" Wilson gets, the worse he plays.  Belichick knows this.

With the exception of maybe last Sunday vs the Bills, Wilson tends to be very erratic on opening drives.  It takes him awhile to settle down. 

In the NE game 2 weeks ago, he didn't get going until late in the 4th when NE's D basically relaxed assuming the game was over.

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't see any games as definite losses.  I think this team has earned that much, but I will buy prohibitive underdog.  I never see how being "revved up" is supposed to matter.  Going into the 1st Pats game, all we heard was how the team remembered having the score run up and they were going to get even.  Well, they came out hot and were doing great.  Then they a call went against them and they sh*t their pants for the next hour.  They should beat the Pats.  They seem to be the better team, but that was true a couple of weeks ago too. 

This is my opinion. I may be wrong. Of course no game is ever a definitive loss. Any given Sunday. WE JUST SAW THIS AGAINST THE BILLS. You want me to phrase it differently, sure- of the remaining games, only the Minn game and the Bills game with Allen (in Buffalo) are games I would confidently predict the Jets to lose. IMHO. 

Of course the team gets 'revved up' for every game. And that was the case for the first matchup against the Pats. But some games you want more than others. You want to tell me the Jets don't want to stick it to the Pats even more after losing a game they probably felt they had in the bag? Of course they do and of course it matters. They lost that game b/c Zach had x3 bad TOs. I think he will learn from that. I think he will play much better. I think the defense will be angry that they could not put the pats away early on. Again. JMHO. 

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Con game?  ?

And I think the Patriots are counting on the latter.  The more "amped" Wilson gets, the worse he plays.  Belichick knows this.

With the exception of maybe last Sunday vs the Bills, Wilson tends to be very erratic on opening drives.  It takes him awhile to settle down. 

In the NE game 2 weeks ago, he didn't get going until late in the 4th when NE's D basically relaxed assuming the game was over.

See above.  I think Zach will have something to prove, he will learn from that the last game where he threw 3INTs and he will play much better. He did exactly that against the Bills. Again, JMHO. 

On 11/7/2022 at 6:35 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

6-3 w/ the easy part of the schedule coming up.  The playoffs are a lock and a division crown is well within reach.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

Things I expect during the bye:

*Get healthy- Fant, Mitchell, CD84 etc.

*Zach relaxed, reboots and comes out confident for the stretch run

*James Robinson gets a full grasp of the playbook

*Mimsy role expanding.  Would like to see sets w/ Mimsy and Davis on the outside w/ garrett in the slot

*I see Elijah Moore being a healthy scratch moving forward unless someone gets hurt.

eddie-mush-mushed.gif

the pats also have a bye week & will play with fresh horses as well. anyone know if they have anyone major coming off the injury list after the bye like we do?

NE is also a mental challenge that will always be a concern til we get this monkey off our back. absolute critical game!!!!!!!!!!!!1 but I like our chances. It's in the bag unless we choose to lose it.

4 minutes ago, PepPep said:

This is my opinion. I may be wrong. Of course no game is ever a definitive loss. Any given Sunday. WE JUST SAW THIS AGAINST THE BILLS. You want me to phrase it differently, sure- of the remaining games, only the Minn game and the Bills game with Allen (in Buffalo) are games I would confidently predict the Jets to lose. IMHO. 

Of course the team gets 'revved up' for every game. And that was the case for the first matchup against the Pats. But some games you want more than others. You want to tell me the Jets don't want to stick it to the Pats even more after losing a game they probably felt they had in the bag? Of course they do and of course it matters. They lost that game b/c Zach had x3 bad TOs. I think he will learn from that. I think he will play much better. I think the defense will be angry that they could not put the pats away early on. Again. JMHO. 

See above.  I think Zach will have something to prove, he will learn from that the last game where he threw 3INTs and he will play much better. He did exactly that against the Bills. Again, JMHO. 

You have your opinion and I have mine.  I don't think being amped or revved up helps.  Do your ******* job.  If you have more to give because it is the Pats week then you have been cheating me the rest of the year.  Guys that are amped will over-pursue, miss assignments and get deeked.  A QB in particular should always be calm.  I would hope that Zach learns from his mistakes, but it had better not be because he is trying or studying any harder.  I think the Jets will probably win, but that is because I think if you took away the turnovers that game was pretty much a rout.  I think they will need to throw it because Belly (is a scumbag) will stop the run. 

Sauce Garder - DJ Whitehead

Our Heroes in Green

Please place your tray table in the upright and locked position.  How sweet was that! A big defense and a power running game gave the Jets their biggest win in recent memory.  After falling behind 14-3 before the midpoint of the second quarter, the Jets allowed the high-powered Bill’s offense just 3 more points for the rest of the game.  MVP front-runner Josh Allen was picked off twice by the Jets, and the Bills were held to just 183 yards passing, easily their lowest output of the season.  The league’s leading offense was held to just 317 total yards on the day, over 100 yards below their average on the year.  Offensively, the Jets plowed through what was the NFL’s third-ranked defense for 174 rushing yards. The Jets have now won five of their last six games.

The Jets go into their bye week with an extra week to prepare to avenge their most disappointing effort of the season.  The trip to Foxborough on November 20th comes just three weeks after the Jets laid an egg at home against the Patriots. In that matchup, the first without Breece Hall in the lineup, the Pats held the Jets to just 51 yards on the ground and intercepted Zach Wilson three times. Those numbers clearly can’t be repeated if the Jets want to avoid a season sweep by New England.

The Jet’s offense needs to have its best game in several weeks in New England. With both teams stout against the ground game, the team that finds more yards in the passing game will have a distinct advantage. The Jets need to spend the bye week focusing on getting more from their passing game. The Jets have more talent at receiver than the Pats, but New York has struggled to be productive through the air. In their next game, the Jets will need Zach Wilson to play his best game of the year.  The Jet defense sacked Mac Jones six times in the last meeting. The Pats will surely spend a good amount of time in the week leading up to the game adjusting their protections. Coach Saleh and the defense will need to have a few new wrinkles in the game plan.

With Miami and Buffalo favored in their upcoming matchups, a loss in New England off the bye would likely drop the Jets from second to last place in the division. Such is life in the ultra-competitive AFC East. The highs of Sunday’s win would be a distant memory if the Jets fall flat in New England and land in the cellar in the division. On the bright side, the New York Jets have a meaningful game in November…a meaningful game in week eleven of the season.  How long has it been since that were true?

The pressure to play well is a welcome change.

The post Bye Week Thoughts; Jets vs Pats Up Next appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

11 hours ago, PepPep said:

This is really how I feel as well. The NE game will be HUGE. Its a big confidence game. The Jets will be coming in with a score to settle and a lot to prove. Zach will be amped. The defense will be angry. They will really, really, really want this one and a loss will be mentally devastating. But I think this is a game they win- IMO. 

The Chicago game is more of an avoiding a trap game situation. Coming off a BIG win in NE, its easy to have a let down game coming back home to Metlife. They cannot allow that to happen and must not look passed the Bears.  

I don't think you can look too far beyond the next 2 games. A lot can change. I think we all know the Vikings game in MINN will be really tough. And the Bills game in Buffalo (depending on Allen's status) will also be a really hard game to win. The Bills will want their own taste of revenge. But if the Jets are 8-3 at this point, even tacking on two losses, with the remaining schedule, should get them into the playoffs. 

Lion and Jags are two home games the Jets should win, but of course anything can happen...especially injuries. 

And we end the season with two tough, critical road games that I would argue are toss-ups. The Seahawks are much better than expected and can very well play well enough to beat the Jets. And the Dolphins are talented enough on offense that they can outscore the Jets, even with our vaunted defense. 

I don't think the Bills-rematch will be all that different than the first game. Heck, so many Bills fans in the swamp it felt like a home game for them...they were even singing the Bills theme song across the stadium.

Only game I'm a bit worried about is week 18 (last game) in Miami. I'm not THAT concerned, but Tyreek and Waddle are as good as Diggs and Davis. Winner of that game goes to the playoffs, and maybe win the division.

On 11/7/2022 at 5:56 PM, Lith said:

Agreed.  Our division is looking way tougher than it did at the beginning of the season.  We all expected Buffalo to be elite, but Miami and NE are both looking better than expected.  Game in Seattle is looking real tough, that is always a hard place to play and the Hawks are look really good. 

Need to find a way to win another 2 of 3 Division games.  Winning that game in NE coming off the bye would be a great start to the second half.

Miami is 6-0 when Tua plays the whole game, their offense is very good.

NE is always well coached, and beat us once.   Buffalo is good, and that game will be in Buffalo.  

Every year, people make their predictions, and every year they are wrong.  Who here picked the Jets to have a better record than the Broncos at this point in the season?   I did not.