Allright fellas, lets talk bye week

13 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I think the schedule isn’t that easy. 5 games against very good teams in Pats, Bills, Dolphins, Seattle, and Minnesota. Easier games on paper with Bears, Lions, and Jags. Need to win at least 4 and maybe 5 to get into playoffs. 

Bears have the # 3 passing defense. they could stymie Zach like Denver and GB did.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

I think the schedule isn’t that easy. 5 games against very good teams in Pats, Bills, Dolphins, Seattle, and Minnesota. Easier games on paper with Bears, Lions, and Jags. Need to win at least 4 and maybe 5 to get into playoffs. 

Exactly. That's not an easy schedule at all. Those 5 games against the better teams are all on the road. 

• Upvote 3

Next two games, both away games, will determine our future.

Have to go into NE and settle the score. Make Mac Jones look helpless, and humiliate the Pats at home.

Then, onto Chicago. Apparently, Fields is the new Lamar Jackson. Handle the Bears, and we're going into the rest of the season at 8-3.

Our games against Geno Smith and Tiny Tua don't scare me as much now that Sauce/Reed and Company are playing lights out. Could force both of those teams to abandon the pass and try running the rock against our front 7. Good luck with that!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Well Jets are 4-0 on the road, so something’s gotta give.

Yeah, 4-0 against Pitt(2-6), Cleveland(3-5), Denver(3-5), and Green Bay(3-6).  Any win on the road is a good win but the remaining games on the road are against teams with a combined 30-13 record. Gonna be tough. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, it's a long shot...but as the Twitter poster said...isn't it fun to be talking about the #1 seed instead of the #1 pick...

Jags over KC and Browns over Miami seem like unlikely outcomes.

Still cool we're that close to #1 seed right now.

Beat New England, and we'll see where we end up.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Next two games, both away games, will determine our future.

Have to go into NE and settle the score. Make Mac Jones look helpless, and humiliate the Pats at home.

Then, onto Chicago. Apparently, Fields is the new Lamar Jackson. Handle the Bears, and we're going into the rest of the season at 8-3.

Our games against Geno Smith and Tiny Tua don't scare me as much now that Sauce/Reed and Company are playing lights out. Could force both of those teams to abandon the pass and try running the rock against our front 7. Good luck with that!

Bears game is at MetLife 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

6-3 w/ the easy part of the schedule coming up.  The playoffs are a lock and a division crown is well within reach.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

Things I expect during the bye:

*Get healthy- Fant, Mitchell, CD84 etc.

*Zach relaxed, reboots and comes out confident for the stretch run

*James Robinson gets a full grasp of the playbook

*Mimsy role expanding.  Would like to see sets w/ Mimsy and Davis on the outside w/ garrett in the slot

*I see Elijah Moore being a healthy scratch moving forward unless someone gets hurt.

Easy part of the Schedule? Miami at full strength,  the Bills again be it probably without Allen but that is still a difficult team, Pats in their house, Vikings, Seahawks? This is supposed to be easy? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  Our division is looking way tougher than it did at the beginning of the season.  We all expected Buffalo to be elite, but Miami and NE are both looking better than expected.  Game in Seattle is looking real tough, that is always a hard place to play and the Hawks are look really good. 

Need to find a way to win another 2 of 3 Division games.  Winning that game in NE coming off the bye would be a great start to the second half.

The NE game is a must win. We have to have that one. 

• Upvote 2

3 tough division games

Ascending Seattle team with a top 5 QB this season and a defense that is improving every week

7-1 Viking team

Based on what has happened in the first half of the season, it’s safe to say the Jets back half of the schedule is pretty tough - as tough as the first half of the season looked heading into the year.

• Upvote 1

Gonna reiterate what I posted in another thread since I think it’s relevant…

Bears’ points scored in last 3 games:

33 (W over NE)

29 (Loss to DAL)

32 (Loss to MIA)

Fans are starting to do their weekly W-L projections for the remaining schedule and every one I’ve seen / heard has the Bears game as an easy W.

The Jets are the better overall team.  But I doubt it will be easy.

This is a different Bears team offensively than the one that came limping and stumbling out of the starting blocks.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's amazing how a win like this can change the entire feel of the season.  Instead of feeling dread about going into New England, now I'm looking forward to watching the Jets take on that challenge. (And I'm optimistic we can win).  I'm looking forward to all the tough road games, actually.

If the Jets can somehow run the table, I mean then we’re talking #1 seed, 1st round bye, and home field advantage.

Doubt the Chiefs go undefeated the rest of the way.  They will drop at least 1 game.

Crazy talk at this point obviously.

But it’s fun to dream.

AFC looks like having 9 teams left competing for 7 places. All 4 AFCE teams, Ravens, Bengals, Chiefs, Chargers, Titans. 

With the North teams - either way we lose the head to head tie breaker so have to finish with a better record than the #2 there. No idea about the West at this stage as we don't play those teams. South is no issue as it's Titans and no-one else.

Then there's the East. We have a leg up on Buffalo and Miami so far, but the NE game is a critical one both for the record overall and the head to head. Win and we're two games up with a head to head tie. Otherwise we're tied on record and lose the head to head.

Road trips to two division leaders won't be easy, but I don't fear either team at this stage. Cousins? Nah, we can win that one. Geno? Plenty storylines, but it's the road trip and the environment that worries me more than the team does. Chicagi, Detroit and Jax at home ... Bears are rounding into form but we've already played and beaten a better version of Fields and a stronger D to boot, so we can win that one if we prepare right. 

There will be losses ... but right now I don't see any game that we can't win as things stand. Beat the Patsies - the rest will take care of itself.

6-3 w/ the easy part of the schedule coming up.  The playoffs are a lock and a division crown is well within reach.
Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!
Things I expect during the bye:
*Get healthy- Fant, Mitchell, CD84 etc.
*Zach relaxed, reboots and comes out confident for the stretch run
*James Robinson gets a full grasp of the playbook
*Mimsy role expanding.  Would like to see sets w/ Mimsy and Davis on the outside w/ garrett in the slot
*I see Elijah Moore being a healthy scratch moving forward unless someone gets hurt.

There is no easy part of the schedule .. the powerhouses that made up the dreaded gauntlet we had to run were anything but.

the Bills game was impressive, as was Denver's D, and beating Rogers seemed great at the time .... But the reality is the teams we thought would be so strong are not this year and the weak teams maybe are not so weak.

Patriots and Dolphins are very good and the remaining games against those teams will be uuuuUUUUGGGEE.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

There is no easy part of the schedule .. the powerhouses that made up the dreaded gauntlet we had to run were anything but.

the Bills game was impressive, as was Denver's D, and beating Rogers seemed great at the time .... But the reality is the teams we thought would be so strong are not this year and the weak teams maybe are not so weak.

Patriots and Dolphins are very good and the remaining games against those teams will be uuuuUUUUGGGEE.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The Bears, Lions and Jags in MetLife are all winnable games but we don't have a single easy road game.  I guess potentially if Josh Allen is out that would change the feel of that game (though I'm sure it still won't be easy)

image.png.4071f85bf7de84376ed14c86d7fe5617.png

• Sympathy 1