Zack Wilson Is a BUST !

Smashmouth

At this point I am convinced that there is some unspoken situation happening that has nothing to do with football and the edict to keep Wilson in there is coming from above. and I suspect that the "unspoken" is also something that is forbidden to be discussed here on this board and was mentioned to me by a very intelligent person whose words I respect.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 5
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

At this point I am convinced that there is some unspoken situation happening that has nothing to do with football and the edict to keep Wilson in there is coming from above. and I suspect that the "unspoken" is also something that is forbidden to be discussed here on this board and was mentioned to me by a very intelligent person whose words I respect.

If Woody meddled in the move to draft Wilson I fear we are stuck with him this year and next year.  The scary thing is Brady, Carr, Daniel Jones etc will all be available and Woody won’t allow us to go after any of them 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

50 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Are you talking about @bitonti's theory?

9 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I'm hurt to say this in public but he is startlingly chose to Hackenburg in the things he is showing on the field. The way he is missing passes on such a consistent basis and has always done this since the first day we got him is nothing short of alarming. 

Yes, comparing him to Hack is on point and oh so very "woe is us" because it's truth.   

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Yes, comparing him to Hack is on point and oh so very "woe is us" because it's truth.   

Doesn't have to be, there are other guys on the team who can at least complete a pass when it is imperative. The one pass he did complete, he didn't even really complete because Garrett Wilson used the ground to help him "catch " the ball

6 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Doesn't have to be, there are other guys on the team who can at least complete a pass when it is imperative. The one pass he did complete, he didn't even really complete because Garrett Wilson used the ground to help him "catch " the ball

Yeah it's getting close to the point where you start to blame Saleh for not giving White/Flacco/Strev a shot.

It's times like these that always has me wondering if the HC really does have the final say on these things.  I figure the locker room is getting antsy right about now.    

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Orlovsky, what a hypocrite 

Blowhards like him and Brugler were leading the ZW pre-draft hype machine 

Probably because Wilson’s college tape looked so clean, his passes were practically all accurate, from Any angle, he’s actually very smart, I saw him dissect lots of game film tape in college explaining why he did what he did on many plays.

Then you have the very hyped strong arm, that as I said before was very accurate at BYU.

It’s the same situation as why you give a young pitcher who throws over 100mph but is also wild at times much more time to develop as opposed to the kid who throws 89mph and mixes his pitches, is a better pitcher than the guy throwing 100, but you’re not sure he can make it at the top level.  You just want the guy with the speed to make it more because of the physical gifts and what that will mean for your Franchise.  I’m guilty of that.

Wilson has No excuses anymore because of the talent level on this team.  He has to sit down.  He is mentally lost and not being able to hit the most basic throws, still, in the most hated rivals home stadium while putting up 2 YARDS OF OFFENSE in the second half is beyond words.

Have to sit him at this point, with playoffs on the line.  If they were out of it right now, I’d say keep starting him and either he gets it or he proves you need a new starting QB going into next year.

2 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

If Woody meddled in the move to draft Wilson I fear we are stuck with him this year and next year.  The scary thing is Brady, Carr, Daniel Jones etc will all be available and Woody won’t allow us to go after any of them 

but Woody brought Favre here. i read that he loves the high profile QB and pushed for him.. if somebody is available, we will get him unless JD talks him out of it cause of the cap hit or draft picks.

28 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Orlovsky, what a hypocrite 

Blowhards like him and Brugler were leading the ZW pre-draft hype machine 

there were maybe a handful of guys here who didnt want Zach drafted. and nobody from my memory wasnt 100% excited to see his 1st game after the great preseason he had in his rookie year.

your allowed to change your mind. 

99 % of this board was kissing his @ss for weeks. now you can count the Zach supporters on one hand. there are even a few notable people who cant even face the board that there MIA who defended Zach.

the real joke is that after yesterday you still have some people defend him even though they swear there not. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So are we still praising the guy that picked Zac Wilson, Mekhi Becton, don't forget the colossal bust James Morgan who by now should have been pushing the starter.

yes cause we wouldnt be 6-3 without his players. every GM makes mistakes. 

not to mention that he drafted 3 serious ROY candidates this year.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

The JetBlue conspiacy?

So let me ask:  to what end?  What does JetBlue or the Jets get out of having a sucky Zach sucking so horribly and so publicly?  Who wins in this conspiracy theory?

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, because he liked him as a prospect means he cannot talk negatively about him now?

He can say whatever he wants 

Doesn’t mean I can’t call him a hypocrite 

He was telling anybody who would listen 6 months ago how Zach Wilson was some elite slam dunk prospect 

He’s not man enough to acknowledge he was wrong just like he was wrong with all his ridiculous Sam Darnold bloviations 

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The JetBlue conspiacy?

So let me ask:  to what end?  What does JetBlue or the Jets get out of having a sucky Zach sucking so horribly and so publicly?  Who wins in this conspiracy theory?

I think it's more a case of sunk cost fallacy.

Yesterday was the clearest example I've seen of a team sabotaging itself by leaving the QB in. Even if they don't believe in White you have to mix something up and give the team a chance. We didn't need good QB play - We just needed 30 yards or so on a few drives and that game probably goes our way. 

You only have to look at the night and day playcalling from Flacco to Wilson. MLF didn't play scared with Flacco. They know he's not good but he's their handpicked guy and for better or worse feel committed to him. 

Whether the order is coming from above or not it's absolutely ridiculous that they didn't make the change yesterday in a game that was there for the taking. There's ramifications for this kind of favouritism which we've already seen glimpses of.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He can say whatever he wants 

Doesn’t mean I can’t call him a hypocrite 

He was telling anybody who would listen 6 months ago how Zach Wilson was some elite slam dunk prospect 

He’s not man enough to acknowledge he was wrong just like he was wrong with all his ridiculous Sam Darnold bloviations 

Isn’t shining light  on the kid being awful a way of admitting he was wrong though?

Not admitting it would be denying it. Or not acknowledging it.