assuming Garoppolo does not happen in offseason...

Phillyjet

What's the alternative for a bonafide vet you can buy on the cheap and hope for Tannehill magic?

1) Dare I say Darnold?  1 year $10m to compete against Zach in this system?  Might be worth a flyer; may still be serviceable in this offense, and he's only 25... I could see this working, as the worry about Zach and the locker room will be no longer. 

2) Jacoby Brissett:  Middle of the pack starter who was quite serviceable for the Browns this year and will want to move on.  Thought he played well against the Jets earlier in the year.

3) Mike White:  Depending on how the next few weeks unfold, still a possibility

Can't see us making a run at Geno or Daniel Jones.  Heinicke a possibility but really? Mayfield, hit or miss?  Don't see a Brady or a Rodgers wanting to finish their careers with the Jets, sorry.  Still hoping the lights come on for Zach, but not looking too good.  I've been on the patience game with him, but last week was truly a cluster f*ck. He's broken.  He's gonna have to win it from here on.  

10 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Yes, the Garappalo talk should stop since you would have to pay him top QB bucks like 35-40M a year and the Niners would be smart to franchise tag him anyway since they have no other QB worth using for a win now team.

I'm pretty sure he can't be franchised (but I agree he'll probably be out of our price range) . . .

12 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Yes, the Garappalo talk should stop since you would have to pay him top QB bucks like 35-40M a year and the Niners would be smart to franchise tag him anyway since they have no other QB worth using for a win now team.

From what I understand about their agreement for this year, 49ers cannot franchise Garappalo

1 hour ago, Phillyjet said:

Don't see a Brady or a Rodgers wanting to finish their careers with the Jets, sorry. 

46 year old Tom Brady??  No thanks.  At some point he will turn into a human being.  I'm betting that time will be next year.  Rodgers?  Yes, in a heartbeat I would take him.