Home dogs to the LIONS?

heymangold

6 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Who gives a rat's a$$ about the line?  The NFL plays games on the field.  The line is completely irrelevant to anyone involved in this game who matters.  If you think the line is ridiculous, bet the Jets.

Because the refs are in Vegas pocket.  Expect timely PI calls for Goff

• More Ugh 1

Has anyone here paid any attention to this league other than the Jets ? The Lions have won 5 of their last 6 games they are not a pushover. They can put up points and they have played well yet very inconsistent on both sides of the ball. 

The key here is inconsistent but we cant take them lightly. I think we are a very bad matchup for the Lions with our superior pass rush and secondary. If we want to win this game like any other we need to stop playing mistake riddled football. 

Personally I think the Jets blow this team out just keep in mind they will play us tough for sure.

Jets 35

Lions 10

I think we hammer Goff and get multiple Int's as well

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

D**king around with Wilson is largely to blame.

Implementing White as starter sooner, or at least subbing him in in the NE games, might have put us in a great position right now.  

Thats certainly part of it, but White hasn’t proven that he can score either, let alone stay in one piece. I like the guy way better than ZW, but who knows if they’d actually be in a better position. 

I believe that injuries are still the story of the Jets 2022 season. Yet again. The SOJ thing is still hanging around, just in a smaller way.

30 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Thats certainly part of it, but White hasn’t proven that he can score either, let alone stay in one piece. I like the guy way better than ZW, but who knows if they’d actually be in a better position. 

I believe that injuries are still the story of the Jets 2022 season. Yet again. The SOJ thing is still hanging around, just in a smaller way.

Huh?  Bengals, Bears and Vikings games all prove you wrong there.  

I have been predicting wins but this one and the next few I dunno

DET - can finish out 10-7 and become force in playoffs their 1st step is to beat Jets.  They will be gunning for MW ribs

JAGS- have no motivation other than higher draft pick..they will prob lay down like the dogs they are

Seatle- Ditto DET plus Geno revenge game.  Will be hard for Jets to come away with win on the road.  They are motivated so they too will be gunning for MW assuming he is still playing.

Miami - depending on how above 3 games go Jets may be just in it for spoiler

3 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Because the refs are in Vegas pocket.  Expect timely PI calls for Goff

This makes no sense and is an extremely ignorant comment.  Do you know how Vegas and bookmakers make money?  By setting the line so that an equal amount of money is bet on each team.  Vegas doesn't care who is favored or who wins.  If they set the line properly and an equal amount of money is bet on each team, they make money on the 11/10 big.  

18 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think majority of fans forget that the Vegas lines are set based off of what the public perception is.

Right now if you asked a casual NFL fan who will win this game, they will pick the Lions who are on a roll lately and just beat the second best NFC team.

The Jets have a no name QB (to Johnny Public) and will lose a close one.

Vegas is BEGGING people to take the Lions here because the Jets are going to bodyslam them and win comfortably.

The original lines are set based on handicappers’ best read on likely public action. After that, it’s all market forces.

19 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think majority of fans forget that the Vegas lines are set based off of what the public perception is.

Right now if you asked a casual NFL fan who will win this game, they will pick the Lions who are on a roll lately and just beat the second best NFC team.

Vegas is BEGGING people to take the Lions here because the Jets are going to bodyslam them and win comfortably.

18 hours ago, slats said:

If Vegas wanted people to bet on the Lions, wouldn’t they be giving them points? 

FF012274-B2C0-4FAE-B7EC-6AD1CB28D0C0.gif.d0e1da23be46580348ae3a016660f6d0.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Huh?  Bengals, Bears and Vikings games all prove you wrong there.  

Really? The Bengals game was last year, the Bears are terrible, the Vikings game took three and a half quarters before they scored a td (a qb sneak and it took a replay to get it), and the Bills game was another offensive blunder points-wise. White puts up yardage, but so far that’s really it. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but he’s been underwhelming at scoring. 

3 passing TDs for White this season. All against the playoff-eliminated Bears. Field goals are not going to cut it in January if they get there. Not in the AFC. 

He needs to demolish the Lions. I don’t think he will.  

11 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Really? The Bengals game was last year, the Bears are terrible, the Vikings game took three and a half quarters before they scored a td (a qb sneak and it took a replay to get it), and the Bills game was another offensive blunder points-wise. White puts up yardage, but so far that’s really it. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but he’s been underwhelming at scoring. 

3 passing TDs for White this season. All against the playoff-eliminated Bears. Field goals are not going to cut it in January if they get there. Not in the AFC. 

He needs to demolish the Lions. I don’t think he will.  

22 points is 22 points.  29 if Berrios manages to hang on to the ball he had 2 hands on and was cradling in his torso, and this silly narrative would be very, very different right now.

He scored against the Vikings.  He also led an offense that finished with 486 yards of total O.  Why should it matter HOW it happened? 

24.0.  That's the PPG averaged by the Jets in Mike White starts to date.  21.0 PPG this year if you think last year doesn't count (they do, though).  

You said he hasn't scored points.  Yet he has.  So....

23 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Do you watch other football teams?  The Lions are the hottest team in the league and the Jets starting QB probably is going to play with broken ribs.  The Lions just wiped the floor with the same team that beat us a week ago.  

Q Williams is a 1 or 2 point line moving player as well the calf injury could have something to do with it as well.

You just proved with this one post that you are one of the "smart" Jets fans!  Congratulations!

Before the MIN game DET was playing with "house money", they were 5-7
going against a 10-2 team.  So they played "free & loose" (fake punt,
throwing to their OT) and beat MIN.  Now with teams losing in front of
them in the NFC they have a shot at the playoffs.  It will be interesting
to see how they react to these factors on Sunday:

- The media is hyping them up
- They are now playing with pressure to make the playoffs
- They'll be playing outside in cold weather and wind

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2022 at 4:15 PM, Adoni Beast said:

Vegas sets lines to attract 50% of bets on both sides. That’s always the goal. Since bets with spreads normally pay at -110, If $1000 in bets are made with $500 on one team and $500 on the other…when the game is finished, Vegas pays $400 to the winning better and keeps the $500 from the losing better. Simple math would say that Vegas profits $100 on that bet. That’s why they always say that Vegas always wins.

line movement early in the week is Vegas’s way of trying to get equal money on both sides. My guess is the majority of early bets on the game are on the lions. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2022 at 6:06 PM, jetsons said:

If the jets play as they did this past Sunday the Lions Will Crush them.

False

Jets actually played quite well except for Flacco's fumble and Carter's fumble, that stalled drives. Jets were taking the momentum before both of these plays.

Jets played a tough Bills team with a lot of grit and for the most part good execution.

Basically you're saying the Lions are better than the Bills and that's comical.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

22 points is 22 points.  29 if Berrios manages to hang on to the ball he had 2 hands on and was cradling in his torso, and this silly narrative would be very, very different right now.

He scored against the Vikings.  He also led an offense that finished with 486 yards of total O.  Why should it matter HOW it happened? 

24.0.  That's the PPG averaged by the Jets in Mike White starts to date.  21.0 PPG this year if you think last year doesn't count (they do, though).  

You said he hasn't scored points.  Yet he has.  

Meh. The team has been averaging 21-24 pts/game. White was directly responsible for 7 pts in the Vikings game and 7 in the Bills game. The rest of his points have been field goals which he’s not on the field for. He got them in range, sure, but they “settle” for field goals for a reason. Obviously field goals count in the bigger picture, but the team has lost two games in a row by more than a field goal. If the team expects to compete in and up to January, they will need more than field goals. This defense is very good but they're not exactly shutting anyone of note out. 

You're not wrong and I’m not vying for MFW to get benched. At all. But HE hasn’t been scoring. Special Teams have been scoring. It’s been three weeks since the last TD pass by White, otherwise it’s been a run by Knight and a qb sneak at the one. They have to be better than that if they expect to compete.