Zach starting Sunday (merged)

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

By my count, this would mark Zach Wilson’s 72nd “best week of practice.” How come you never hear about good quarterbacks having “the best week of practice”?

Didn’t Mike White take the starting job away from Zach in large part due to how well he looked in practices?  That was the Conner Hughes take.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah Mac Jones was firing the ball all over the field that day ? , I think his longest completed throw was like 13 yards downfield , they had some bigger gains with YAC due to the Pats picks and holding which they get away with regularly.  He put up 0 pts like Zach and the only NE score was on the Punt Return.  So stop reading boxscores  and relying solely on stats to boost your narrative. The conditions that day were bad , to his credit Jones did complete a large % of his passes but of the short variety , this falls on the Jets D for not adapting. 

Maybe Zach should have followed suit and hit his short passes instead of his disgraceful 9-22 .....77 yard performance.......Jones at least gained some yards and kept the field position in the Pats favor.......The Jets D was just fine and gave up 3 points but the offense lead by Zach was just that "Offensive".....So bad in fact that he went from the #2 pick in the draft to the scout team.......

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Plenty of qbs have struggled up in Foxboro especially with the Pats coming off a bye week. Zach deserved to get benched but the disdain and hatred for him is way overboard.  

Do not hate him but he has been a bottom of the rung QB his whole career, i hope he balls out the next 2 games but have to admit i have very little confidence in him, prove me wrong Zach and i will be a happy JET fan!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I want Darnold back to compete.  I have decided so it will be done.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/17/panthers-sam-darnold-searching-for-success-amid-tough-shake/

Sanchez is going to help me make this happen...Altho I do worry 49ers thinking same thing...I think WCO is good fit for Darnold especially with a back like Breece.

• Ugh 1

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Choice has nothing to do with Woody.  I want to be still be mad and lose my sh*t like yesterday, but White is actually pretty dang hurt is what I was told.  I’m not sure we see him again this season under any circumstance.

Thank you for walking firmly away from the conspiracy ledge on this one, and trust me I know conspiracies are real but this wasn't one of them.

The Truth as you stated it is Mike White is hurt and IMO if he wasn't hurt he wouldn't let the team pretend otherwise......

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Hex said:

Chicago is also #1 in passing attempts allowed with 356 attempts allowed (compared to Detroit's 455 pass attempts allowed), because their run defense is so crappy teams don't pass as much. In fact, their Net yards per attempt allowed is ranked #31, which is worst than Detroit.

Mike White put up an impressive game but the Chicago defense really does suck.

Yup and Detroit sucks also.  It’s a placeholder for later to pre-empt what we all know is coming.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's crazy that being hopeful that your young QB plays well is considered a hot take on this forum. 

Hope is fine. The problem is when people get angry when evidence is presented in return.

Hope away but don’t get nasty at those with a different view.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Hope is fine. The problem is when people get angry when evidence is presented in return.

Hope away but don’t get nasty at those with a different view.

There is nothing wrong with critiques when it comes to a player.  However there is also a ton of evidence  of people who have wrote in this thread and some other threads “I hope Zach fails on Sunday”. Also what a bad teammate he is apparently.  I mean that goes beyond not liking his play on the field.  I would think as a true Jet fan you would want to win and root for the QB to succeed no matter who is starting 

24 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

There is nothing wrong with critiques when it comes to a player.  However there is also a ton of evidence  of people who have wrote in this thread and some other threads “I hope Zach fails on Sunday”. Also what a bad teammate he is apparently.  I mean that goes beyond not liking his play on the field.  I would think as a true Jet fan you would want to win and root for the QB to succeed no matter who is starting 

By the evidence we have, he is a bad teammate.

Hoping he fails is too much for me personally but if people think he is a bust and his fast failure is better for the team’ future, I get that, too.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hoping he fails is too much for me personally but if people think he is a bust and his fast failure is better for the team’ future, I get that, too.

Bullseye. All I care about is the Jets winning at all costs but want nothing to do with Zach Wilson at all. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Bullseye. All I care about is the Jets winning at all costs but want nothing to do with Zach Wilson at all. 

It’s just a purposeful obtuseness to nuance in order to “win” some minor debate point on behalf on a player who is — at best — in the process of failing. No one wants (or in this case wanted) him to fail but some think he already has and want the Jets to recognize this and move on ASAP.

But you can’t debate zealots. The fact that they’re reduced to playing semantic gotcha games belies the tenuous standing of their position. Ask them to bet on his future success and see what happens. Wallets are smarter than mouths.

The slander against MW because “Chicago sucks” was really pathetic and ironic coming from those who spend their time maligning the “fandom” of other posters because of their stated views on BYU. But self-awareness doesn’t exist any longer or at least is viewed as a weakness in a self-esteem-at-all-costs, my-voice-is-valuable-even-in-areas-I-know-nothing-about, I-can-do-and-be-anything society we find ourselves in.

If BYU does well against Detroit — a bottom 3 defense by any measure — I’ll take it as a possible baby step. I will remain highly skeptical but for so long as he’s here, maybe he will be one of those 1 or 3 or 5 of 100 that suddenly flip a switch.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

It’s just a purposeful obtuseness to nuance in order to “win” some minor debate point on behalf on a player who is — at best — in the process of failing. No one wants (or in this case wanted) him to fail but some think he already has and want the Jets to recognize this and move on ASAP. 

that could be said about almost every position.  Reality is they cant because options are limited.  Try to make chicken salad from left over chicken sort of deal.

BTW - this is dilemma across league not just Jets obviously.

16 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

that could be said about almost every position.  Reality is they cant because options are limited.  Try to make chicken salad from left over chicken sort of deal.

BTW - this is dilemma across league not just Jets obviously.

It cannot be said about any position when one is fact-based and the other is not. This is a false equivalence of “well we both do it” when you know your side has lost.

13 hours ago, Hex said:

Chicago is also #1 in passing attempts allowed with 356 attempts allowed (compared to Detroit's 455 pass attempts allowed), because their run defense is so crappy teams don't pass as much. In fact, their Net yards per attempt allowed is ranked #31, which is worst than Detroit.

Mike White put up an impressive game but the Chicago defense really does suck.

Yea, Chicago is bad, it’s why he played a nearly perfect game. His more performances vs the Vikings and Buffalo were far more impressive, because it was a perfect situation. Critics expect perfect because agendas are agendas. Nobody wants to entertain the convos about all the mistakes, breakdowns, and dropped TDs and other nonsense. Too difficult to move past “QB good, QB bad!”

Hammer Floor GIF by VPRO

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

dont be obtuse you have some real critiques about the direction of Jets yet provide no solutions other than Move On blah blah blah

For someone to be obtuse about your point you kinda have to make a cogent one, first. Do you even know what you’re arguing? If so, please share and then I can respond.

Hopefully he doesn’t play not to lose. Take the deep shots, use those weird ass arm angles and play like you think you’re the second coming of Mahomes. Whatever it takes.

MLF better not treat him like Sanchez 2009. Enough. Showcase your skills and play like the cocky dickhead that everyone hates but we’d love to root for. Jets fans can get onboard if you drip that confidence and deliver. Time to hold up your end of the bargain. Fans will embrace him if he can do this. He needs to be extra today — dancing and celebrating plays w/his teammates. Unleash the arrogant bastard within because average ain’t cutting it. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

There is really no real evidence but that your opinion and that’s your right to have it 

14 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

There is really no real evidence but that your opinion and that’s your right to have it 

I want you on my jury if I’m on trial for murder and the prosecution has a signed confession, DNA, video of me doing it, and the eye witness testimony of a bus full of nuns.