Zach starting Sunday (merged)

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Sources: Jets doctors will not clear QB Mike White for contact before Sunday’s game vs. Detroit and thus Zach Wilson will start against the Lions. White wanted to play and has practiced but Jets doctors are not signing off. Thus, Wilson is back as the Jets’ starting QB.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Smashmouth said:

WTF is going on here x-rays showed no rib damage ct scan showed no issues what does a doctor have to weigh in on ?  pain threshold and soreness ??  or are they just not releasing Mike Whites status ?

I didn't post it here yesterday because it seemed like baseless speculation but someone with a lot of followers on twitter (some jets fan) said "they were hearing Mike White has 4 broken ribs". Still likely to be false but this news makes me wonder.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I didn't post it here yesterday because it seemed like baseless speculation but someone with a lot of followers on twitter (some jets fan) said "they were hearing Mike White has 4 broken ribs". Still likely to be false but this news makes me wonder.

wow how can they hold back that info ?