Back up the truck Woodrow, back it up

why would Payton come here with no QB. whoever you think we can get is not guaranteed no matter what trade or money you offer. and we wasnt so fantastic in the one year without Brees.

oh and i hate to burst your Sean Payton bubble but he is under contract so he wont be for free. even if they let us talk to him.

On September 15, 2019, the Saints and Payton agreed to a five-year contract extension.

On February 28, 2022, it was revealed that the Miami Dolphins had requested permission from the Saints to interview Payton for their vacant head coaching spot, but were reportedly denied permission and had scrapped the idea after their former head coach, Brian Flores, filed a lawsuit against the NFL.

• Upvote 1

Just now, doitny said:

why would Payton come here with no QB. whoever you think we can get is not guaranteed no matter what trade or money you offer. and we wasnt so fantastic in the one year without Brees.

oh and i hate to burst your Sean Payton bubble but he is under contract so he wont be for free. even if they let us talk to him.

On September 15, 2019, the Saints and Payton agreed to a five-year contract extension.

On February 28, 2022, it was revealed that the Miami Dolphins had requested permission from the Saints to interview Payton for their vacant head coaching spot, but were reportedly denied permission and had scrapped the idea after their former head coach, Brian Flores, filed a lawsuit against the NFL.

Where is he going to go, with a QB? What jobs will be open that have a good QB? He has some receivers here, and enough cap space to get whatever QB he wants, or allow him to draft one and develop one. He wins here, he has taken his legacy to a new level. Nobody wins here, if he can do it, boom

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Where is he going to go, with a QB? What jobs will be open that have a good QB? He has some receivers here, and enough cap space to get whatever QB he wants, or allow him to draft one and develop one. He wins here, he has taken his legacy to a new level. Nobody wins here, if he can do it, boom

and if he comes here and loses his legacy takes a dump. 

no great HC ever goes anywhere without a QB. Reid went to KC with Smith. Gruden to LV with Carr, McCarthy to Dallas with Dak... only one i ever seen not do it was Parcells.

its all about legacy. do you think he wants to roll out of here after 4-5 years under 500 to hurt his record.

plus he is going to cost us at least a 2 #1s. if we have to pay that i rather trade for Carr. you see how much better everyone looks if we can get a QB who completes 64% and has low TOs.

if he wants to coach again it will be in 2024 after his contract is up and he can talk to other teams and set up where he wants to go. 

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

and if he comes here and loses his legacy takes a dump. 

no great HC ever goes anywhere without a QB. Reid went to KC with Smith. Gruden to LV with Carr, McCarthy to Dallas with Dak... only one i ever seen not do it was Parcells.

its all about legacy. do you think he wants to roll out of here after 4-5 years under 500 to hurt his record.

plus he is going to cost us at least a 2 #1s. if we have to pay that i rather trade for Carr. you see how much better everyone looks if we can get a QB who completes 64% and has low TOs.

if he wants to coach again it will be in 2024 after his contract is up and he can talk to other teams and set up where he wants to go. 

He won a SB, his legacy does not take a dump. It would prove that the curse of the Jets is stronger than he realized

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Pac said:

People are wayyyy over rating Payton.  1 SB with a HOF qb and plenty of mediocre seasons. 

He’s overseen 7 of the top 35 offenses in NFL history by yardage.  Including the # 1 overall.

Did you see how bad Teddy Bridgewater’s performance was today?  In 2019 Payton’s Saints went 5-0 with Teddy under center.  Bridgewater competed 68 % of his throws and had a 9/2 TD:INT ratio during that span.

All the man does is produce on offense.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

It's not just the money. We would need to send multiple high draft picks to the Saints.

The path we are on now will not work, barring Saleh recognizing his buddy MLF is not the OC, which he will never do. So those multiple high draft picks arent going to amount to anything here anyway with this coaching staff, so I would much rather but them to good use and bring in Payton if hes willing to come here

• Upvote 1

I simply don't see it happening.

I would settle for a director of football operations.

Someone who reports only to Woody and is responsible for everything football related. JD reports to that person and is held accountable by someone with actual football knowledge. Saleh remains accountable to JD but the role has the ability to make any and all final football decisions if there is a difference of opinion between them and the GM. 

Problem is I simply do not know who that person would be. 

4 hours ago, prime21 said:

Not saying Payton is not a good coach but he had one of the all time great QB’s leading the way. Not sure he the savior everyone thinks he could be here.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s overseen 7 of the top 35 offenses in NFL history by yardage.  Including the # 1 overall.

Did you see how bad Teddy Bridgewater’s performance was today?  In 2019 Payton’s Saints went 5-0 with Teddy under center.  Bridgewater competed 68 % of his throws and had a 9/2 TD:INT ratio during that span.

All the man does is produce on offense.