Lamar Jackson talk is completely triggering me

JohnnyLV

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Question…. If the Lamar Jackson situation was the same as Derek Carr, where he’d be getting cut in February, would you still be against signing him?

I don’t want to give up the draft capital and still have to pay the contract, but if he were a FA I’d be all in. In fact I’d prefer him ove Carr.

22 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Oo 100%. There will be an order of events prior to any Lamar trade happening. Where Carr decides he wants to play will be decided in February. Lamar may not come til after FA IMO

Carr would be a fool to help LV and hurt his new team by losing draft picks after the way McDaniel shafted him.

He should and will hit free agency, he will have a market and in that scenario he ends up somewhere warm like CAR or MiA IMO 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

It’s insane bro

they want Jimmu G or Carr - the definition of jag QBs who fan bases hate them 

truly amazing stuff 

Exactly how bout we try to actually win a super bowl. Adding Lamar Jackson would give us the best chance. I don’t care about the draft picks we’d have to give up or his “mileage”. Let’s go all in for once and try to actually win the whole thing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

This really depends on your goals. The reality is there are no really great options. Really great options rarely if ever become available. Teams don't let great options get away

i think it's tough to argue that Lamar isn't the best option out of derek carr, jimmy g, minshew, matt ryan, etc.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I’m not really pro getting Lamar, but as far as abuse to his body goes.

Cam and Lamar seem to have completely different running styles. Cam would run straight into guys all game and get hit constantly. Lamar seems to scoot to the sideline pretty often without getting hit at all 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Carr would be a fool to help LV and hurt his new team by losing draft picks after the way McDaniel shafted him.

He should and will hit free agency, he will have a market and in that scenario he ends up somewhere warm like CAR or MiA IMO 

I agree 100% even on the two teams.
Those are the exact two teams I’ve thought of from the beginning he will decide between also.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i think it's tough to argue that Lamar isn't the best option out of derek carr, jimmy g, minshew, matt ryan, etc.  

Again, it depends on your goals and your expectations. Jimmy G, Minshew Ryan are no better than Mike White IMO. So we are really talking about Carr and Jackson. Two totally different types of players. If Jackson needs to tone down the running game, does that hurt his passing game? It definitely does not help. I think Jackson is about a lock if healthy to get you a playoff spot, although hes not enough to pass the Bills, so you are looking at a wild card, and hes not winning a SB here. Very unlikely Carr is winning a SB here either, but he has more ability go generate a big passing game than Jackson does IMO

While we’re on the topic, was anyone else surprised at how definitively both Woody and Saleh committed to getting a new QB in to replace Zach? Woody said QB was a “missing piece” and would spend what he had to in order to get a new one in here, and Saleh basically said the same. Pretty striking, imo. I would have figured they’d give him more cover.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I get what you are saying but put yourself in Douglas' shoes

- You need to win immediately

- You won't have the opportunity to spend your draft picks of you don't get the QB so who cares. Same can be said for cap space.

Douglas will go big game hunting if he strikes out in FA

This....I think this off season you see a different JD...things change quick when your job is on the line...pair that with Woody who just said he would pay big to fix qb.

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Of course, and you would really have to ask yourself, why would a great org like the Ravens be making him available

Hey if they don’t want him the Jets will gladly take him. Watch their playoff game this weekend without Lamar playing and see how they look

55 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Kinda want him now just because you don't.

But anywho - 

Durability is a concern. Outside of that...

He's a dynamic playmaker with the ball in his hands. He might decline in the run aspect but I don't see that happening soon. 

They have the coach. They don't have the coordinator or the players to support him. They have failed to draft or trade for anyone worthwhile. 

Ravens would consider NOT re signing him because they're clearly at a point where they need to rebuild. Lamar is the only thing making that team respectable. Whether they want to admit it or not. Take the picks and start over. 

He's already declined. That is a big part of the point. And he has not finished either of the last 2 seasons. So all of a sudden he is going to stay healthy? Makes no sense. Jets fans just want a name.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Naturally, we are the Jets afterall..... Based on history, who is more likely making the right move, the Ravens, or the Jets???

Again, adding Lamar to the Jets puts us as a Super Bowl contender. The Ravens losing Lamar puts them as a bottom 10 team in the league. It’s about time Jets go all in a try to win a superbowl

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If Lamar is actually available the Jets will def be involved

8 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

JD and Saleh have to win next year, woody loves big splashes so idk about shutting it down so soon

no they won't go after Lamar

the Jets are not going to spend that type of cash when they have big cash tied up in Zach 

it's going to be a moderate priced dude like Carr or Jimmy G not a high priced dude like Lamar or Aaron Rodgers

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Learn the game, watch how he runs the football, he runs it like a RB not a QB, thats why he can absorb hits and play a long time. 

But this is the concern.  Average career length of an RB is the shortest of any position in the NFL.  Average career length of a QB is longest of any position aside from kicker/punter.   He has not finished either of the last two seasons due to injury.

If you could guarantee we would be getting 2019 MVP Lamar, I would be all in for that.  But to give up multiple 1s and have to pay him $100M+ guaranteed.  For an injury risk whose numbers the last two years have not approached his 2019-20 production.  No thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Of course, and you would really have to ask yourself, why would a great org like the Ravens be making him available

Could be a multitude of reasons...Tom Brady was made available, as was brees, peyton manning, brett favre...This is likely over money.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

But this is the concern.  Average career length of an RB is the shortest of any position in the NFL.  Average career length of a QB is longest of any position aside from kicker/punter.   He has not finished either of the last two seasons due to injury.

If you could guarantee we would be getting 2019 MVP Lamar, I would be all in for that.  But to give up multiple 1s and have to pay him $100M+ guaranteed.  For an injury risk whose numbers the last two years have not approached his 2019-20 production.  No thanks.

This is exactly the point the Lamar guys are completely missing. They are acting like its a lock to get 2019 Lamar, if the Ravens who see him every day thought that, no way in the world they make him available. He has declined every year since then

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

no they won't go after Lamar

the Jets are not going to spend that type of cash when they have big cash tied up in Zach 

it's going to be a moderate priced dude like Carr or Jimmy G not a high priced dude like Lamar or Aaron Rodgers

Jimmy always hurt and as a jet will definitely get hurt, they bring him in we might as well start the 2024 mock drafts now

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Again, adding Lamar to the Jets puts us as a Super Bowl contender. The Ravens losing Lamar puts them as a bottom 10 team in the league. It’s about time Jets go all in a try to win a superbowl

I've said the same thing to people...I'm tired of trying to convince myself the Sam Darnold's and Zach Wilson's of the world will work out.  They haven't. Take a big swing and try to win it, you have a window with a bunch of solid players on rookie deals. Take the shot.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

While we’re on the topic, was anyone else surprised at how definitively both Woody and Saleh committed to getting a new QB in to replace Zach? Woody said QB was a “missing piece” and would spend what he had to in order to get a new one in here, and Saleh basically said the same. Pretty striking, imo. I would have figured they’d give him more cover.

Do you think he’s moved ?

Just now, oatmeal said:

Jimmy always hurt and as a jet will definitely get hurt, they bring him in we might as well start the 2024 mock drafts now

Yeah that's the point

bring in Jimmy or similar and when that dude craps out, Zach gets his comeback story 

this whole this is based on the further development of Zach Wilson 

they aren't going to bury him like Jordan Love 

they are going to make sure he has another chance to develop 

why? just look at my signature (which I don't remember making by the way) 

Just now, usanyj said:

Could be a multitude of reasons...Tom Brady was made available, as was brees, peyton manning, brett favre...This is likely over money.  

Brady and Peyton and Favre were at the very end of their careers. This is a MVP caliber QB entering year 6. Brees was coming off of 3 bad years and 1 good year and a bad injury with a high first round pick. This is more comparable to Jay Cutler if anything, but kind of unprecedented. 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah that's the point

bring in Jimmy or similar and when that dude craps out, Zach gets his comeback story 

this whole this is based on the further development of Zach Wilson 

they aren't going to bury him like Jordan Love 

they are going to make sure he has another chance to develop 

why? just look at my signature (which I don't remember making by the way) 

The Jets have literally given zero indication of this, at all. They have said they are going aggressively after a QB. You don't go aggressively after a QB and call it the missing piece if you think you have your QB on the roster. This is another in a long list of really terrible takes of yours. Still havent answered, who makes more money, a really good Guard or a top OC?

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

The Jets have literally given zero indication of this, at all. They have said they are going aggressively after a QB. You don't go aggressively after a QB and call it the missing piece if you think you have your QB on the roster. This is another in a long list of really terrible takes of yours. Still havent answered, who makes more money, a really good Guard or a top OC?

dude the high priced Guard is more important than the OC 

believe it or not 

all the players are more important than all the coaches

that's how money works - the free market reflects worth

also If you think the Jets will acquire a Lamar or Aaron rodgers level QB

I'd be happy to take the other side of that bet. 100 dollars to the charity of the winner's choice?