Lamar Jackson talk is completely triggering me

JohnnyLV

Just now, Lith said:

Yup.  If we could get 2019 Lamar, I would be all for that.  But 2019 Lamar likely does not exist.  His numbers the last two seasons have not approached 19 & 20.  And he has missed time for injury each of the last two seasons.  He may only be 26, but he is an old 26.  

Still worth the risk at this point imo. If you’re not gonna swing for Lamar or Rodgers or Carr. Then swing for Bryce Young. Enough of this sh*tty QB play. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, usanyj said:

Exactly… people putting down pro bowl and mvp qbs with dumb excuses. 

there is no undefeated qb in the playoffs out there. It’s a nonsense excuse. 

He missed 5 games and had them at 8-4. Better than what all 4 QBs here did!  Despite all his injuries the ravens have been a top 4 team in the NFL almost every season he’s been there.  People not wanting this guy baffle me.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Still worth the risk at this point imo. If you’re not gonna swing for Lamar or Rodgers or Carr. Then swing for Bryce Young. Enough of this sh*tty QB play. 

It's absolutely not worth the risk.  Douglas and Saleh either build a team that can compete for years or you dump both of them now.  Taking this risk with a building roster and a coaching staff that needs 2 more years to develop is a huge mistake.   It took Douglas 3 years to have a good draft and sign a decent FA.  Saleh is a developing HC who finally realizes positive vibes doen't make him smarter than Dan Campbell. 

Try and hit a few more singles and doubles before swinging for the fences with a GM and HC who are barely major league hitters.   Joe D and Saleh aren't the guys to swing for the fences with at the NFL level.  They are way more likely to strike out.  

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It's absolutely not worth the risk.  Douglas and Saleh either build a team that can compete for years or you dump both of them now.  Taking this risk with a building roster and a coaching staff that needs 2 more years to develop is a huge mistake.   It took Douglas 3 years to have a good draft and sign a decent FA.  Saleh is a developing HC who finally realizes positive vibes doen't make him smarter than Dan Campbell. 

Try and hit a few more singles and doubles before swinging for the fences with a GM and HC who are barely major league hitters.   Joe D and Saleh aren't the guys to swing for the fences with at the NFL level.  They are way more likely to strike out.  

If you’re not swinging, then what’s the plan at QB? You gonnna put your season on the line with Minshew?

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

I understand where you are coming from, I just don't agree.  Carr, I would be okay with.  Lamar and Rodgers are breaking down before our eyes.  We laughed at the Broncos all season long for the R Wilson deal, now we want to do the same thing.  

I just don’t get what the plan would be if you’re not going for those guys. 

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

I understand where you are coming from, I just don't agree.  Carr, I would be okay with.  Lamar and Rodgers are breaking down before our eyes.  We laughed at the Broncos all season long for the R Wilson deal, now we want to do the same thing.  

If Douglas/Saleh want Carr, they can’t really screw around chasing Lamar because they risk ending up empty-handed if the Lamar stuff takes too long, which it should considering the number of suitors. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

So you prefer Brissett as QB1. Rookie QB2?? That’s the plan you wanna roll with?

We will be lucky to get someone as good as Brissett to push Zach and a rookie.  There is no plan to get someone better without gutting the future of the team.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Absolutely NOT worth the risk, IMHO.  Dude will miss 50% of games.

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

We will be lucky to get someone as good as Brissett to push Zach and a rookie.  There is no plan to get someone better without gutting the future of the team.

Lol. So roll with Mike White and Zach and expect them to make the playoffs. This is why they just have take a risk. It’s now or never for these guys. 

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol. So roll with Mike White and Zach and expect them to make the playoffs. This is why they just have take a risk. It’s now or never for these guys. 

You can’t reason with these type of “fans”. They’d rather sign Brisset or Minshew than actually try to win a superbowl with Lamar

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  If we could get 2019 Lamar, I would be all for that.  But 2019 Lamar likely does not exist.  His numbers the last two seasons have not approached 19 & 20.  And he has missed time for injury each of the last two seasons.  He may only be 26, but he is an old 26.  

You're probably never getting another season like he had in 2019 but that's fine, he's still insanely productive, I already mentioned they score 25pts a game w/ him, 12.5 w/out, 17 pts being the most they scored w/ out him.  But individually, he was on pace of this year for the most passing yards in a season and his most rushing yards in a season....and that offense is dog sh*t, they have nothing.

• Upvote 2

The Jets aren't a playoff team.  I doubt Mike White signs with us unless we fix the OL.  Mike White doesn't strike me as stupid. 

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I don’t think Douglas would be heartbroken by a Brisset-Zach-Darrell Bevell offseason, because he gets to not spend on a QB and he gets an OC that Steve Young will approve of to work with Zach

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

Can’t wait for Baker Mayfield to lead us a riveting 8-9 season.

irrelevant.  Lamar Jackson off the field up to 50% of the time simply is not worth the cost or risk.  For the 8 or 9 games he sits, I guess we would have Zach ready to go.  Sure he has talent.  Great running QB.  Loves the TE.  Doesn't throw much to WRs. Not worth the cost.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Douglas/Saleh want Carr, they can’t really screw around chasing Lamar because they risk ending up empty-handed if the Lamar stuff takes too long, which it should considering the number of suitors. 

The timing consideration is such a huge factor, thrown into the pressure machine with all the other huge factors (draft comp, contract, performance, injuries). I’ve been a slight anti-Lamar lean this off-season due to performance trajectory and injury history, but holy sh*t, if the draft comp really is only driven by the non-exclusive franchise tag…

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The future is now. You heard Woody, QB is the missing piece 

Do you have any idea how expensive he's going to be for the Jets? You're talking mega contract and several draft picks. It'll make the Broncos look like they got Russell Wilson for a bargain. Again, I'm not selling the farm for Lamar Jackson. I don't think he's worth it. My opinion. You act like Lamar Jackson is the only option for the Jets. Get real.