Sunday WIldcard Games Thread

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I watched The Last Of Us first episode on HBO. I did not like it. Characters were extremely one-note and it spent way too much time establishing that the two young female characters were sassy and precocious. Like, we got it, Craig Mazin. Thx. 

Gonna give it a shot myself.  The first one is one of my favorite games of all time, but then Neil Druckmann got all creative control, ruined everything, so I will never play the 3rd game.  Can’t wait to see how they butcher this.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Gonna give it a shot myself.  The first one is one of my favorite games of all time, but then Neil Druckmann got all creative control, ruined everything, so I will never play the 3rd game.  Can’t wait to see how they butcher this.

Only game I’ve ever returned without completing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bugg said:

Eli Apple came very close to totally f--ing that up trying to catch it. The play there is to knock it down. #3 came very close to catching it and tying the game. Remember; DBs are DBs and not WRs because they can't catch. 

DB’s will reliably put their ego over the smart play.

• Upvote 1

I thought the Ravens QB played ok except for that one play. And that was a fluke that won the game for Cincy causing a 14 pt turnaround. A few more inches and a Ravens 7 pt lead instead of the other way around. Many if not most players stretch in that and many situations but it’s an action I hate because of what can happen. You expose the ball and yourself to turning the ball over instead of holding onto the ball and executing a different play. And it’s not like the Ravens learned their lesson the Balt running back a few minutes later stretched to try and make a first down and came pretty close to turning the ball over again. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I thought the Ravens QB played ok except for that one play. And that was a fluke that won the game for Cincy causing a 14 pt turnaround. A few more inches and a Ravens 7 pt lead instead of the other way around. Many if not most players stretch in that and many situations but it’s an action I hate because of what can happen. You expose the ball and yourself to turning the ball over instead of holding onto the ball and executing a different play. And it’s not like the Ravrns learned their lesson the Balt running back a few minutes later stretched to try and make a first down and came pretty close to turning the ball over again. 

You stretch like that if you are near the goal line not 2 yards away. It was a stupid play and it cost them the game. 

From Ravens Reddit.

If we fire Roman earlier in the season when we should've, this kind of thing becomes avoidable. It's a lost-cost fallacy that they kept him employed.

My brain can't fathom that you have two pro-bowl level RBs playing well, a 300lb pro bowl FB, and you, with the season on the line, decide to run a QB sneak with an undrafted, back-up QB when you aren't even on the 1 yard line.

A high school coach wouldn't do that. I'm completely lost with Greg Roman.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Eli Apple came very close to totally f--ing that up trying to catch it. The play there is to knock it down. #3 came very close to catching it and tying the game. Remember; DBs are DBs and not WRs because they can't catch. 

So you are saying all the Jets WR's are DB's??

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, SCRUNO said:

From Ravens Reddit.

If we fire Roman earlier in the season when we should've, this kind of thing becomes avoidable. It's a lost-cost fallacy that they kept him employed.

My brain can't fathom that you have two pro-bowl level RBs playing well, a 300lb pro bowl FB, and you, with the season on the line, decide to run a QB sneak with an undrafted, back-up QB when you aren't even on the 1 yard line.

lol.  That guy is a spoiled b*tch.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I can’t describe how impressed I am watching the Ravens tonight. There’s a lot of pride on display here. 
I thought the Bengals were the best, and most complete team in these playoffs along with the Chiefs and 49ers.

I never gave the Ravens a chance tonight.

It's clear how a bad offensive line just crushes a team, even with elite skill players. The Bengals couldn't run or protect Burrow with three starting OL out.   It all begins with the OL on offense.  That is why you have to put the Jets season in perspective. The OL was decimated.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SCRUNO said:

From Ravens Reddit.

Reminded that 95% of team’s fans blame the OC for everything.

Roman wasn’t even bad. His QB genuinely may never play another game.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Neil was in complete creative control of the first game. He was the sole writer. Bruce Straley only worked on the gameplay aspect.

Part 2 Neil had a co writer.

Part 2 is also a masterpiece.

And the show is fantastic. The glowing reviews are for a reason.

20230115_233623.thumb.jpg.c36e383fc4693413b71bf2055d3be447.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Neil was in complete creative control of the first game. He was the sole writer. Bruce Straley only worked on the gameplay aspect.

Loved both 1 and 2. Thought the first episode of the show was a little cloying. Way too much Sarah. I get that Mazin had to set up the emotional punch, but I would have preferred less sassy shmarm and more world building through Joel’s eyes. Opting to tell the story through Sarah was straight cheeseballs

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It's clear how a bad offensive line just crushes a team, even with elite skill players. The Bengals couldn't run or protect Burrow with three starting OL out.   It all begins with the OL on offense.  That is why you have to put the Jets season in perspective. The OL was decimated and ignored for 10 years.  

Mangini , for all his faults, knew this.

6 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Reminded that 95% of team’s fans blame the OC for everything.

Roman wasn’t even bad. His QB genuinely may never play another game.

Also got within a hail Mary of tying the game vs. defending AFC champions on road, and doing so with a backup QB. Sucks to lose, but Ravens came very, very close last night. Bengals today are relieved, not swaggering. 

5 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I guess I got the timeline of his control mixed up with Uncharted (which is really where my issues with Neil’s writing comes from.)

I did not enjoy Part 2, in the slightest but, as for the show, I’ll definitely give it a fair shake.  I hope I enjoy it; I really do….I just have so many gripes with where the story went in Part 2 that it’s hard to be hopeful about it.

Ravens had that game last night, and the Bengals reached in the jaws of defeat and pulled out a W at the goal line. What a game. I can't wait to see the Bengals vs Bills next week. If the Bills play like they did vs the Bengals and Ken Dorsey calls plays the same, it's going to be a blowout Bengals win. I was watching the Giants quarterback Daniel Jones vs the Vikings, and I'm like that looks like what Josh Allen should have been doing vs the Dolphins. I think Josh Allen only had 22 yards rushing yesterday. He should have run the ball a handful of times more when the opportunity presented itself instead of going for the homerun long ball as much as they did. Dorsey is the reason the Bills had to sweat that game out. His play calling was atrocious.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Loved both 1 and 2. Thought the first episode of the show was a little cloying. Way too much Sarah. I get that Mazin had to set up the emotional punch, but I would have preferred less sassy shmarm and more world building through Joel’s eyes. Opting to tell the story through Sarah was straight cheeseballs

I didnt mind it, I liked the intro scene with the talk show.

Most reviewers are saying the first episode was the "worst" episode.

I've accepted it's not going to be 1:1, but so far it's pretty accurate.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I guess I got the timeline of his control mixed up with Uncharted (which is really where my issues with Neil’s writing comes from.)

I did not enjoy Part 2, in the slightest but, as for the show, I’ll definitely give it a fair shake.  I hope I enjoy it; I really do….I just have so many gripes with where the story went in Part 2 that it’s hard to be hopeful about it.

Part 2 was always going to be naturally divisive, so I don't begrudge anyone not liking it. And I suspect a similar reaction when they adapt it.

• Thumb Down 1