NY Jets are the Betting Favorites to Trade for Lamar Jackson

JetNation

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I see it the other way, woody wants a guy like Zach to be the face of the franchise. He doesn't want a guy like Lamar who acts as his own agent and does not have any billionaire uncles 

who knows. I personally think with Woody its a lot less about him being cheap, and much more about him having his say in things. Ultimately, he wants to be able to have his son call up draft picks, and tell his GM/HC to grab Tim Tebow and have his GM/HC not tell him to go F himself. He has spent money in the past. He would love to be able to walk around with his Jets hat on and big goofy smile which he would do if the Jets were ever really good, but he won't bring in coaches or GM's who will tell him to take a back seat and shut up.

Lamar may actually be perfect in his mind, he can keep his bad coaches and GM who will let him meddle, and he probably thinks Lamar would be good enough to make the Jets really good.

25 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

There is some thought out there that Lamar wants to play in a more traditional pro offense. 

Not sure what he'll look like doing that, but some people feel that Baltimore's scheme has held him back as a passer and that is one of the reasons they axed Roman. 

There's a lot of this going around I personally think it's insane thinking....Baltimore should be applauded for drafting and building an offense around Jackson but instead they are being blamed for his faliures...if the plan is trading 3 first round picks, paying Jackson 50 mil and turning him into Payton Manning that's a hard pass from me.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

There's a lot of this going around I personally think it's insane thinking....Baltimore should be applauded for drafting and building an offense around Jackson but instead they are being blamed for his faliures...if the plan is trading 3 first round picks, paying Jackson 50 mil and turning him into Payton Manning that's a hard pass from me.

agreed. And maybe a lot of that stuff is coming from Lamar's camp exclusively. hard to say. 

• Upvote 1

I am going to be very upset if the Jets trade for Jackson or Rogers.

I see Rogers as a repeat of the Favre fiasco. A mental head case we could do without.

Jackson is a twerp. Spoiled, not long for the league in terms of staying healthy and he turned down a great offer. I see bad judgement written all over him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I am going to be very upset if the Jets trade for Jackson or Rogers.

I see Rogers as a repeat of the Favre fiasco. A mental head case we could do without.

Jackson is a twerp. Spoiled, not long for the league in terms of staying healthy and he turned down a great offer. I see bad judgement written all over him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Why is he spoiled? 

I've never heard anything like that about him

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

And how has Lamar fared against those QB's and teams. I guess we can look up all the SB trophy's Lamar has with the Ravens. 

2 hours ago, the Claw said:

You what’s cool about football? He doesn’t have to!

It’s amazing how jet fans are becoming Carr truthers LMFAOOOOOOOO 

Carr is a jag who will be overpaid by one of these sorry desperate franchises. I pray it’s not us 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GangGreened said:

I don’t understand the logic that Carr is some dead end and Lamar is not. The Ravens have excellent coaching and always have a strong defense yet they can’t win with him.

5 hours ago, GangGreened said:

I mean more in the sense of if people think Lamar can go tit for tat with Burrow, Allen, or Mahomes, I think they are sorely mistaken. I can’t see Lamar Jackson having more success here than he had in Baltimore, given our history. Maybe it’s different this time, but won’t believe it until I see it.

Lamar has a better chance to conquer the Mahomes and burrows of the world.

You guys think A overpaid Derek Carr who needs everything around him to be perfect has a better shot to defeat the top QBs then a Lamar Jackson

idk what to tell you 

15 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

It’s amazing how jet fans are becoming Carr truthers LMFAOOOOOOOO 

Carr is a jag who will be overpaid by one of these sorry desperate franchises. I pray it’s not us 

I’m not a Carr truther or whatever. I’m merely pointing out that QBs don’t play each other so your point was moot.

25 minutes ago, the Claw said:

I’m not a Carr truther or whatever. I’m merely pointing out that QBs don’t play each other so your point was moot.

Captain obvious thank you 

But just like how you hear this week that Burrows won the last 3 against Mahomes, that’s just how things are viewed and talked about.

idk why I need to explain this 

57 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You guys think A overpaid Derek Carr who needs everything around him to be perfect has a better shot to defeat the top QBs then a Lamar Jackson

idk what to tell you 

He's beaten Mahomes once head to head and Burrow 3 times with two coming  in Burrow's rookie year when Cincy was dog crap. So he's 3-1 against Burrow and 1-3 against Mahomes.  Nothing to pound the table about . 

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

He's beaten Mahomes once head to head and Burrow 3 times with two coming  in Burrow's rookie year when Cincy was dog crap. So he's 3-1 against Burrow and 1-3 against Mahomes.  Nothing to pound the table about . 

I know Carr gives us a better shot I guess Lmao

42 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Captain obvious thank you 

But just like how you hear this week that Burrows won the last 3 against Mahomes, that’s just how things are viewed and talked about.

idk why I need to explain this 

Why aren’t you pounding the table for Matt Ryan? He’s obviously a Mahomes-beater. Bottom line: if a team passes on a QB because he can’t “beat” Mahomes, that entire front office should be fired. 

3 hours ago, oatmeal said:

idk what to tell you 

I don’t even want Carr, but when you consider the risk and cost I’d rather have a healthy Carr and my first round picks (Douglas has been hitting on his FRPs since Zach) than Lamar and his style of QB. Neither are in the same league as the best QBs in the AFC.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I don’t even want Carr, but when you consider the risk and cost I’d rather have a healthy Carr and my first round picks (Douglas has been hitting on his FRPs since Zach) than Lamar and his style of QB. Neither are in the same league as the best QBs in the AFC.

*A healthy overpaid Carr 

and if you trust this GM so much why don’t you trust him to draft a QB? Good QBs are coming into the league every year and most are not top draft picks 

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

*A healthy overpaid Carr 

and if you trust this GM so much why don’t you trust him to draft a QB? Good QBs are coming into the league every year and most are not top draft picks 

Cap space is one thing, cap space and a litany of draft picks is another. I also choose not to brush off 10 games missed in two seasons.

Where did I say I don’t trust them to draft a QB?

22 hours ago, JetNation said:

Lamar Jackson

Following a tumultuous 2022 NFL campaign for his star quarterback, Lamar Jackson, the future of the Baltimore Ravens seems far from certain. The 26-year-old sustained an unfortunate knee injury late in the season, which caused him to sit out of 12 games and forced Baltimore to end their championship aspirations as they were left without Jackson in their final five regular-season contests plus a playoff game against Cincinnati Bengals, where they lost. As such, with Jackson on the sidelines throughout that period, Ravens ended 2-4 overall – even losing at playoffs despite having already clinched a spot before then. At the close of last season, the 2018 MVP’s fifth-year option was in its final year. Though he has the potential to sign a new contract if one is proposed, his agents and Baltimore Ravens have not been able to reach an agreement for any extensions.

Jackson is a force to be reckoned with when fully healthy. His ability to demolish defenses on the ground and through passing plays has been proven in his five seasons, totaling 125 touchdowns. Although he can cause significant damage as an athlete, this also puts him at much higher risk of injury due to his willingness to escape the pocket often; Jackson missed five games during each of the last two seasons alone. The Ravens and Jackson may look to a franchise tag as an option should discussions not go well. Although it might take money, the team would rather keep him than lose him when he’s free to sign with any other organization; if things worsen, they could even consider trading him instead.

Prior to the 2022 season, negotiations between the Ravens and Jackson, who is not represented by an agent and is representing himself, were unsuccessful; however, it is anticipated that they will move forward now that the team’s summer has started. But there will be a lot of interest in Jackson’s talents right away if he decides to explore the world of free agency. In three of his four seasons as a full-time starter for the Ravens, Jackson has led them to the playoffs, and he was just named the NFL’s MVP.

What are the teams in pole position to obtain Lamar Jackson?

As the offseason begins, all eyes are on the Las Vegas Raiders. With Derek Carr’s potential trade looming over them, they must find a capable replacement if he does depart. Also of note is that if Tom Brady leaves Tampa Bay for 2023 free agency as rumored, then Las Vegas may be his ideal destination – leading to an interesting juxtaposition between these two teams and their respective goals in this upcoming season!

A fascinating inclusion to this list of longshots is the New England Patriots. Mac Jones, their starting quarterback, experienced a reversal in his performance during year 2; however, with a fresh offensive coordinator at the helm, he may find success again. Last season saw Jones play an integral part in the Patriot’s 10-7 record and playoff participation, as he had a phenomenal rookie campaign despite facing difficulties earlier on.

With Jackson’s superior talent, the New York Jets could have seen a huge shift in their 10–12 record in 2022. The team already has an incredible defense, a few skilled receivers, and strong running backs. It is certain that with the addition of a top-notch quarterback, they would be able to contend at AFC levels and bring immense delight to New Yorkers who can place wagers on them or just enjoy their success.

Wagers can be placed on the reliable sites that have been created solely for that purpose, where New York Sports Betting Promos can be utilized. The Jets will not be guided to the promised land by Mike White, Zach Wilson, or Joe Flacco, who do not have the top quality of an option like Lamar Jackson.

With this in mind, it is perhaps no wonder why the Jets have been considered one of the favorites for the QB. And with the sports betting market open to New Yorkers, it would not be a surprise if many were considering it as a possible wager. Until a resolution is reached, Jackson’s future in Baltimore is probably going to rank among the most important summer storylines.

What are the chances of the New York Jets getting Lamar Jackson in a trade?

Jackson is the long-term quarterback for the present and the future, according to the Ravens. Although they have publicly stated the appropriate things and released the appropriate reports, the behaviors of both parties involved reveal a different picture. In the next few days/weeks, Jackson and the Ravens will meet again to talk about a new contract, one in which Jackson intends to get guarantees comparable to those given to Deshaun Watson. However, the Ravens have been reluctant to make such a concession. The problem can be found there. The Ravens’ supporters probably don’t feel too confident about the future of their great quarterback when these two factors are combined with some odd interactions between the two teams.

For their part, the Jets are surely keeping an eye on the situation and appear prepared to take action if the Ravens decide to make Jackson available. Joe Douglas, the general manager, is conscious of the threat to his position. He is aware that the current leadership, including himself, may be fired if the Jets do not make the playoffs in 2023, thus putting his back to the wall. Douglas will therefore make every effort to present a compelling offer if a quarterback of Jackson’s caliber becomes available. Even when the warning signs are taken into account, it is obvious.

New York Jets are the betting favorites to trade for Lamar Jackson

The New York Jets, who consist of a lot of young and talented players but experience many uncertainties at quarterback following the problems of former No. 1 overall pick Zach Wilson, have the next-lowest odds of keeping Jackson despite having a young core of promising players. According to reports, the Jets want to replace Wilson, at least in part, by adding a seasoned quarterback. A celebrity like Michael Jackson might be added to their talented lineup if they decide to go all in. With the AFC East being so fiercely competitive, such a move may provide the Jets with a huge boost.

Given their draft capital and financial future, the Jets represent a significantly more realistic alternative, and the organization has apparently been keeping an eye on a potential Jackson deal should there be a significant backlash. The Jets should unquestionably be all-in on Jackson this offseason, according to reports, but that statement must be qualified by the crucial qualifier: if Jackson becomes available.

The post NY Jets are the Betting Favorites to Trade for Lamar Jackson appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

Oh God I hope they do!  I have been looking for the final straw to dump this pig of an organization.

I would take Geno Back first.

• WTF? 1

23 hours ago, JetNation said:

Lamar Jackson

Following a tumultuous 2022 NFL campaign for his star quarterback, Lamar Jackson, the future of the Baltimore Ravens seems far from certain. The 26-year-old sustained an unfortunate knee injury late in the season, which caused him to sit out of 12 games and forced Baltimore to end their championship aspirations as they were left without Jackson in their final five regular-season contests plus a playoff game against Cincinnati Bengals, where they lost. As such, with Jackson on the sidelines throughout that period, Ravens ended 2-4 overall – even losing at playoffs despite having already clinched a spot before then. At the close of last season, the 2018 MVP’s fifth-year option was in its final year. Though he has the potential to sign a new contract if one is proposed, his agents and Baltimore Ravens have not been able to reach an agreement for any extensions.

Jackson is a force to be reckoned with when fully healthy. His ability to demolish defenses on the ground and through passing plays has been proven in his five seasons, totaling 125 touchdowns. Although he can cause significant damage as an athlete, this also puts him at much higher risk of injury due to his willingness to escape the pocket often; Jackson missed five games during each of the last two seasons alone. The Ravens and Jackson may look to a franchise tag as an option should discussions not go well. Although it might take money, the team would rather keep him than lose him when he’s free to sign with any other organization; if things worsen, they could even consider trading him instead.

Prior to the 2022 season, negotiations between the Ravens and Jackson, who is not represented by an agent and is representing himself, were unsuccessful; however, it is anticipated that they will move forward now that the team’s summer has started. But there will be a lot of interest in Jackson’s talents right away if he decides to explore the world of free agency. In three of his four seasons as a full-time starter for the Ravens, Jackson has led them to the playoffs, and he was just named the NFL’s MVP.

What are the teams in pole position to obtain Lamar Jackson?

As the offseason begins, all eyes are on the Las Vegas Raiders. With Derek Carr’s potential trade looming over them, they must find a capable replacement if he does depart. Also of note is that if Tom Brady leaves Tampa Bay for 2023 free agency as rumored, then Las Vegas may be his ideal destination – leading to an interesting juxtaposition between these two teams and their respective goals in this upcoming season!

A fascinating inclusion to this list of longshots is the New England Patriots. Mac Jones, their starting quarterback, experienced a reversal in his performance during year 2; however, with a fresh offensive coordinator at the helm, he may find success again. Last season saw Jones play an integral part in the Patriot’s 10-7 record and playoff participation, as he had a phenomenal rookie campaign despite facing difficulties earlier on.

With Jackson’s superior talent, the New York Jets could have seen a huge shift in their 10–12 record in 2022. The team already has an incredible defense, a few skilled receivers, and strong running backs. It is certain that with the addition of a top-notch quarterback, they would be able to contend at AFC levels and bring immense delight to New Yorkers who can place wagers on them or just enjoy their success.

Wagers can be placed on the reliable sites that have been created solely for that purpose, where New York Sports Betting Promos can be utilized. The Jets will not be guided to the promised land by Mike White, Zach Wilson, or Joe Flacco, who do not have the top quality of an option like Lamar Jackson.

With this in mind, it is perhaps no wonder why the Jets have been considered one of the favorites for the QB. And with the sports betting market open to New Yorkers, it would not be a surprise if many were considering it as a possible wager. Until a resolution is reached, Jackson’s future in Baltimore is probably going to rank among the most important summer storylines.

What are the chances of the New York Jets getting Lamar Jackson in a trade?

Jackson is the long-term quarterback for the present and the future, according to the Ravens. Although they have publicly stated the appropriate things and released the appropriate reports, the behaviors of both parties involved reveal a different picture. In the next few days/weeks, Jackson and the Ravens will meet again to talk about a new contract, one in which Jackson intends to get guarantees comparable to those given to Deshaun Watson. However, the Ravens have been reluctant to make such a concession. The problem can be found there. The Ravens’ supporters probably don’t feel too confident about the future of their great quarterback when these two factors are combined with some odd interactions between the two teams.

For their part, the Jets are surely keeping an eye on the situation and appear prepared to take action if the Ravens decide to make Jackson available. Joe Douglas, the general manager, is conscious of the threat to his position. He is aware that the current leadership, including himself, may be fired if the Jets do not make the playoffs in 2023, thus putting his back to the wall. Douglas will therefore make every effort to present a compelling offer if a quarterback of Jackson’s caliber becomes available. Even when the warning signs are taken into account, it is obvious.

New York Jets are the betting favorites to trade for Lamar Jackson

The New York Jets, who consist of a lot of young and talented players but experience many uncertainties at quarterback following the problems of former No. 1 overall pick Zach Wilson, have the next-lowest odds of keeping Jackson despite having a young core of promising players. According to reports, the Jets want to replace Wilson, at least in part, by adding a seasoned quarterback. A celebrity like Michael Jackson might be added to their talented lineup if they decide to go all in. With the AFC East being so fiercely competitive, such a move may provide the Jets with a huge boost.

Given their draft capital and financial future, the Jets represent a significantly more realistic alternative, and the organization has apparently been keeping an eye on a potential Jackson deal should there be a significant backlash. The Jets should unquestionably be all-in on Jackson this offseason, according to reports, but that statement must be qualified by the crucial qualifier: if Jackson becomes available.

The post NY Jets are the Betting Favorites to Trade for Lamar Jackson appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

Wait, we're getting A Rod, Carr AND Lamar?

Brock Lesnar Win GIF by WWE

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, New York Mick said:

The team already has cap trouble so they’re going to trade for the most expensive player who can’t win playoff games and is now getting injured. That should workout great. 

And presumably accompany his expensive contract with multiple prime DP's going to the Ravens.

The NYJ have a choice here....if they're going to get an 'expensive' QB (think Rodgers or Lamar), the wise choice would not be to to give up a lot of prime DP's in the process in addition to the needed cap space.

If the Jets are going to want to trade for lamar (who will want a monster contract unrivaled at QB in the league)

Why not make an offer for Justin Fields.

I am saying this as a big critic of Fields and his game but I know we have people on here who like Fields and some that love the guy and think he is about to break out.

And lest we say the obvious "Chicago would not trade him."  That is probably the case however they have a new GM and the 1st pick in the draft.  If they decided they loved Bryce Young, rather than just trade down from #1 they might listen to offers.

1 can Only Hope...

Surprising team emerges in Lamar Jackson sweepstakes (msn.com)

image.png.5a7b90ce286f98d83802be4ca240587c.pngIt seems as if it is a consensus that Lamar Jackson is out of Baltimore. Neither side seems to want to come to a decision regarding a new contract.

Lamar Jackson
Lamar Jackson© Provided by The Comeback

Reports are that the Ravens did offer him between $113-133 million to re-sign with the team, but Jackson turned them down.

Now reports are that Jackson may end up with the Atlanta Falcons.

One NFL scout told ESPN this about the Falcons’ interest in Jackson.

“Good running game, an offense that could be friendly to Lamar while helping him grow as a passer, big receivers with a catch radius, which he needs due to accuracy issues, young regime on an improving team looking for a quarterback solution,” the NFL scouting director said. “Not sure if that’s their plan, but it would make some sense.”

The Falcons wanted to sign Deshaun Watson last year but lost out to the Cleveland Browns. Now, here is their chance to perhaps sign Jackson.

The Falcons didn’t have a bad team this year and almost won the NFC South with Marcus Mariota at quarterback.

Signing Jackson will almost certainly make them favorites to win the South next year even if Tom Brady decided to return to Tampa.