Cimini: LaFleur and Rex Hogan pushed for Zach, said he was better than Lawrence

T0mShane

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

And if that former NFL QB said something to the contrary you would label him as a hack or someone sporting their own agenda ( Cough - Steve Young, Chris Simms ) .

Are you Football Guy's dad or his agent? By the way, neither Steve Young nor Chris Simms actually break down film and share it on social media, so yes, I'd take Sullivan's evaluation over the other 2. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

Sure, provide us with the all 22 and I'll go play by play with you here on the board Schefter Jr. 

O'Sullivan breaks down Zach's all 22 from a different game and isn't very high on him either, but we all know you are more knowledgable than a former NFL QB. 

DM me for it and happy to provide

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It's a bottom-line business. Zach Wilson hasn't played well. Actually, he's played rather poorly and certainly hasn't lived up to expectations. The Jets HC, the (now former) OC, and Zach Wilson himself have all acknowledged this publicly. Our eyes, along with an assortment of QB stats, tell us the same basic story. 

Therefore, it seems to me that the onus is on you to explain why our eyes and QB stats aren't reflective of reality, or at the very least, aren't the whole story. Not the other way around. 

I think the point is missed here. Someone claimed the QB played awful in a game in which he cited his completions to attempts as evidence. If you watch the tape, his down-to-down performance was far better than some of his best statistical performances. By no means am I saying that his overall body of work is satisfactory

Just now, maury77 said:

What is there a need to hide that we have to do it through DM? We can even add @win4ever to break down the tape. 

So I'm supposed to provide my login credentials for everyone on here? Yeah no. But to prove a point I'll happily record an entire game of all-22 and text/email it to you for your review. Then share your entire analysis 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Like I said no one here will be able to change your minds. If ZW ever did evolve and become a quality QB , everyone would say , well we're happy and that's all we ever wanted. And to me that's a major cop out.  People love to hide behind absolute truths on the internet where there is no repurcussion to being wrong.  

Disagree.  If Zach turns it around and balls anyone cought wearing a Mike White T-shirt will get a wedgie.  

49 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

After they wanted to give a package to trade up for Zach Wilson and couldn't, you mean.

The 49ers is one of the best drafting teams in football.  

They apparently were duped by Lance, and supposedly were ready to be duped by Zach Wilson.

If the Jets did not take him at 2, I don't know how far he was falling. 

But because the coaching was so bad we can't really say with certainty how bad Zach Wilson really is

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

It was -he's made plenty of great throws. But you aren't defined by your highlights, you're defined by your ability to consistently play well, play in and play out. 

Totally agree. It's the ability to make plays and throws that most QB's in the league can't that's making the Jets get people in here to try to develop him the right way finally.  I still believe that he is going to be good.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, football guy said:

Every time I do I get ripped for it so what's the point lol. Have always welcomed others to DM me if we're to get into deep analysis of what goes on during a play 

I appreciate it when you take the other approach and have learned a lot from you.

Don’t let the loud ones dictate your personality.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The 49ers is one of the best drafting teams in football.  

They apparently were duped by Lance, and supposedly were ready to be duped by Zach Wilson.

If the Jets did not take him at 2, I don't know how far he was falling. 

But because the coaching was so bad we can't really say with certainty how bad Zach Wilson really is

So then why the firing squad for Joe Douglas? And isn't it rather convenient to blame "coaching?" Somehow the narrative has to conclude with it being Joe Douglas's fault. How transparent.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Eagles supposedly tried to come up for Zach, too. It’s the tools, which he still has, but what nobody knew was how he’d respond to getting beat up in the pros, and those results have been wretched to the point where you can’t even play him. How do you teach a guy to endure an NFL pass rush when he’s exhibited a not-insignificant amount of cowardice in the pocket? They can’t simulate that in practice. Being able to make a decision in 2.5 seconds or less under threat of getting crushed by defensive tackle is a rare trait in humans. Some dudes never get it, no matter how lively their arm is

I’m a beast on the driving range but put me on the course with onlookers I’m shellacking the forest.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Okay, that's all reasonable, but now you've added the eagles to the niners as interested in Wilson, which means Douglas, lefleur, and Hogan were in very good company. Looks like Wilson fooled a lot of topnotch people. End of story. 

I totally understand why, philosophically, Douglas made the pick. You’re at 2 overall and you have a shot at a plus-arm, plus-athlete prospect who presents well enough, it was probably a worthwhile gamble. I was against Zach because the Jets QB job is a wood-chipper and Zach was a squeaky clean herb from the Utah burbs who was always going to get chewed up here. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I totally understand why, philosophically, Douglas made the pick. You’re at 2 overall and you have a shot at a plus-arm, plus-athlete prospect who presents well enough, it was probably a worthwhile gamble. I was against Zach because the Jets QB job is a wood-chipper and Zach was a squeaky clean herb from the Utah burbs who was always going to get chewed up here. 

Smelled the bust stink from a mile away but as you say you gotta take shots with premium pics on upside QBs. I was right this time but been wrong plenty before about QBs and will be wrong plenty in the future.

Hardest position in sports to scout.

JD did eff up the rest of the QB room, though.

• Upvote 2

Just now, jgb said:

Smelled the bust stink from a mile away but as you say you gotta take shots with premium pics on upside QBs. I was right this time but been wrong plenty before about QBs and will be wrong plenty in the future.

Hardest position in sports to scout.

JD did eff up the rest of the QB room, though.

I’ll never understand how they could talk to Zach Wilson and conclude that he would be ready to start from day one. I wouldn’t sell that kid a ticket to an R-rated movie without seeing some ID

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll never understand how they could talk to Zach Wilson and conclude that he would be ready to start from day one. I wouldn’t sell that kid a ticket to an R-rated movie without seeing some ID

“Airbrushed Jimmy Clausen” was my meticulously researched and carefully considered pre-draft assessment.

majestic the rock GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

does that mean they can never pick a QB?

45 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

does that mean they can never pick a QB?

He was saying the exact opposite by absolving JD of a historical whiff — such is the nature of the QB lottery. My criticism — and I believe Shane’s as well — was that JD stuffed the QB room with guys whose primary job qualification was that they wouldn’t unduly stress Lance Bass.

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

it is easy to say shoulda woulda coulda on any draft pick after the fact...even i woulda

i mean like Leinhart won heisman, russel was suppose to be cant miss ect...

How does it change your opinion to know we said it pre-draft? Prospective SOJF-ism or a violation of Hawkinsonian physics?

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

He was saying the exact opposite by absolving JD of a historical whiff — such is the nature of the QB lottery. My criticism — and I believe Shane’s as well — was that JD stuffed the QB room with guys whose primary job qualification was that they wouldn’t unduly stress Lance Bass.

well i think they should never have started him in 1st season ...been saying that all along cause i never bought into the kiddie coaches that were not much older than the players and never played the game....mlf

Just now, SickJetFan said:

well i think they should never have started him in 1st season ...been saying that all along cause i never bought into the kiddie coaches that were not much older than the players and never played the game....mlf

They had to start him because his eggshell plaintiff-esque Gen-Z facade of confidence couldn’t withstand the existential threat of Gardner Minshew taking first team snaps pre-season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

What is there, 2 maybe 3 people in this entire forum still defending/excusing Zack?  Let it go guys.  

Never remove the boot from the neck. If he has a non-atrocious game coming in relief against the Texans in 2028 they will re-emerge like earthworms after rain.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1