Video shows Las Vegas beating involving NFL’s Alvin Kamara, 3 others

jetsons

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

An angry mob pummeling an unconscious person isn’t a fight no matter how many analogies you come up with trying to lessen what the video clearly shows

Sigh, you are so tiring....do you ever take the time to read context or do you just see a poster that you dont like and just immediately start sh*t with them for no reason?   Such a strange behavior. 

Dunnie suggested that we lock these guys up, for life.  Life.  Let me repeat that, Life.  I made an obvious joke that didnt mention anything about what happened in the video and this is your response?  Do you agree w/ Dunnie?  They deserve life for that?  

What these dudes did was unacceptable, never said different but life?   Imagine if your son got caught up in the moment in something similar, you want to see him locked up for the rest of his life? 

I've been jumped by 5 dudes before, got my face pummeled, I hate everyone of those dudes but they dont deserve life in prison, lmfao, just a good taste of karma would make me happy. 

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

You have no idea of what precipitated it. You may be right, but without that knowledge, its really hard to say. I saw a situation much worse than that with a bigger mob that nearly killed someone when the guy was immobilized. It turned out it was for good reason, the guy was attempting to do something terrible and was caught. Its really hard to judge on that video alone

You're 100% correct, maybe the guy pulled a gun on the gang of 8, BUT I'm judging on what's on the video and from that, it looks like an assault.  

57 minutes ago, Biggs said:

When a fight gets past the point of an exchange and into the realm of assault on a defensless person where the intent is serious injury he should be charged with a felony.

Life is clearly an over reaction but people who behave this way are a danger to society and should be both punished and deterred as long as that's how we deal with criminal behavior.  Kamara is an adult and should be treated like an adult who committed a felony.  

He certainly should be suspended by the league for a long time.  The precedent is Ray Rice who was essentially out of the league for similiar behavior.

lol omg wtf is going on here

I simply laughed at the idea of them getting life in prison.  Thats it.  Made a joke.  That's all. 

This board is ******* mental, holy sh*t

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Sigh, you are so tiring....do you ever take the time to read context or do you just see a poster that you dont like and just immediately start sh*t with them for no reason?   Such a strange behavior. 

Dunnie suggested that we lock these guys up, for life.  Life.  Let me repeat that, Life.  I made an obvious joke that didnt mention anything about what happened in the video and this is your response?  Do you agree w/ Dunnie?  They deserve life for that?  

What these dudes did was unacceptable, never said different but life?   Imagine if your son got caught up in the moment in something similar, you want to see him locked up for the rest of his life? 

I've been jumped by 5 dudes before, got my face pummeled, I hate everyone of those dudes but they dont deserve life in prison, lmfao, just a good taste of karma would make me happy. 

I took the locked up for life comment you responded to as a heat of the moment over reaction.  I also took your reaction to that obviously over the top comment as a defense of the behavior.  Nice response here.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I took the locked up for life comment you responded to as a heat of the moment over reaction.  I also took your reaction to that obviously over the top comment as a defense of the behavior.  Nice response here.  

I typically read what people write and not assume they mean something they did say but that's just me.  Obviously this is despicable behavior and the NFL should once again should be ashamed of themselves for the response or lack there of...but getting life in prison for that, is completely ******* asinine. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah this is why I never get into physical fights. You never know the mindset or skill level of the other person. Rare times someone has tried to instigate a fight with me in a bar or whatever I say it’s just a misunderstanding, can I buy you a drink? If the dude is still looking for trouble after that, I bail and go to another bar down the street. Ain’t worth it.

I applaud you, You are the bigger man. 

It isn't worth it, and one may show how tough they are in a fight, they certainly aren't showing they are a real man by any means.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Great idea, lets lock people up for life who get in fights. Do you have a plan to build 1000x more prisons? 

Under Nevada law, NRS 200.481, battery (defined generally as "touching another person in an unlawful way, such as punching.") is a class C felony, and is punishable by up to 1-5 years in prison and a fine if the victim sustained "substantial bodily harm" or was strangled.

If not, it is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months in prison and a fine.

So yes, if he is guilty of battery (which is sure looks like from that video), he should do time, 6 months to 5 years.  Given the number of people beating up one guy, and the brutality, there could be other charges as well.  

The idea that people can "just get in fights" with no repercussions is as "wisftul olden days but I wish it was the 50's still" as it gets. 

Battery is a crime in every state, rightfully so. 

Sadly, our system of justice loves two things more than anything, famous people and people with money.  I doubt this goes anywhere beyond a civil settlement, as per usual.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Under Nevada law, NRS 200.481, battery (defined generally as "touching another person in an unlawful way, such as punching.") is a class C felony, and is punishable by up to 1-5 years in prison and a fine if the victim sustained "substantial bodily harm" or was strangled.

So yes, if he is guilty of battery (which is sure looks like from that video), he should do time, 6 months to 5 years.  Given the number of people beating up one guy, and the brutality, there could be other charges as well.  

The idea that people can "just get in fights" with no repercussions is as "wisftul olden days but I wish it was the 50's still" as it gets. 

Sadly, our system of justice loves two things more than anything, famous people and people with money.  I doubt this goes anywhere beyond a civil settlement, as per usual.

"up to"

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

When a fight gets past the point of an exchange and into the realm of assault on a defensless person where the intent is serious injury he should be charged with a felony.

Life is clearly an over reaction but people who behave this way are a danger to society and should be both punished and deterred as long as that's how we deal with criminal behavior.  Kamara is an adult and should be treated like an adult who committed a felony.  

He certainly should be suspended by the league for a long time.  The precedent is Ray Rice who was essentially out of the league for similiar behavior.

Yep. If he hadn't kept swinging after the guy was on the floor maybe he could defend it based on what preceeded the video. Maybe. 

As it is? No. 

45 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’m saying if he settles the civil suit ASAP and the victim “forgets” what happened that night due to the beating. 

doesnt matter if he "forgets", they have tape. the state can charge him.

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Where is Rodger.   Guy should get the same treatment as Ray Rice.   

Rice hit a women. thats a horrible thing to do. this is not the same thing. yes he should be punished but no where near as bad as Rice.

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So, not life? 

lol smh

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

2 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

I take it the only fights you've witnessed or been in have been mutually agreed upon and both men or women, said, "alright pal, that's enough, put up your dukes up!!!!" and a kind and friendly handshake was initiated before the fists started flying?   And then they went and shared a mike shake after? 

Quit changing your G@#$%!@#% username!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

Rice hit a women. thats a horrible thing to do. this is not the same thing. yes he should be punished but no where near as bad as Rice.

What does the sex of the victim have to do with the crime?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

I didn’t respond to an over the top post calling for a life sentence.  I responded to a post that talked about fights not being clean, fair or a matter of putting your dukes up, that this is what fights are. 

Not strange behavior, just a response to a post.  A response that was perfectly appropriate given the video, not over the top.  Not a case of strange behavior.  
Finding issue with anyone who sees it as an angry mob pummeling an unconscious and defenseless person is strange behavior.  As is not being able to grasp that others may have a different opinion.

• WTF? 1

Just now, Biggs said:

What does the sex of the victim have to do with the crime?

assault on a women is much worst than on a man.

what happend to Rice? he got a year suspension and then the tape came out and was suspended indefinitely. you really think Kamara will be suspended that long?

plus there was heavy pressure from outside groups because Rice assaulted a women. that wont happen here.

• Upvote 1

What is surprising to me are the reactions here and not the video.  You are actually surprised in any way ???  Look at and listen to the rank and file on NFL teams.  What would you expect from the majority of them ??? Yes, there are some high character players and hs/college programs that teach solid values, but in the main, stupidity and brutality go hand and hand with the journey.

The league sells itself with the usual PR cosmetics we are used to seeing, but the game is brutal and many who play it fit right into that video.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, doitny said:

what happend to Rice? he got a year suspension and then the tape came out and was suspended indefinitely. you really think Kamara will be suspended that long?

plus there was heavy pressure from outside groups because Rice assaulted a women. that wont happen here.

Don't agree that assault on a women is worse than assault on a man.  That's a paternalistic attitude that's not relevant to the crime.

The NFL suspended Rice because the video went public.  This video is public.  The NFL needs to respond in an equal manor.  The NFL created a precedent with the RIce case.  Without video evidence a cover up by the league is appropriate.  With it you're blackballed out of the league.  Before the video was released Kamara was okay to play.  Now he should be out.  

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

Today's societal norms and wokeness have thrown that all out the window. It's not even clear today what a man or woman is , especially when it comes to law. ?

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Yeah this is why I never get into physical fights. You never know the mindset or skill level of the other person. Rare times someone has tried to instigate a fight with me in a bar or whatever I say it’s just a misunderstanding, can I buy you a drink? If the dude is still looking for trouble after that, I bail and go to another bar down the street. Ain’t worth it.

Exactly right move for you. That damn brain of yours should never be risked  being injured by some insecure drunk idiot who caught his  girlfriend blowing  his dog earlier in the day and just looking for a fight. Me on the other hand I have as much chance getting smarter as  I do getting dumber by getting hit in the head. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Today's societal norms and wokeness have thrown that all out the window. It's not even clear today what a man or woman is , especially when it comes to law. ?

What does wokeness have to do with this?  A defensless person was assaulted.   Is the crime any different if the victim is gay, trans, male, female or identifies as cattle?  I really don't get this.  

You have criminal behavior that borders on out of control rage on another person and you're worried about the sex of the victim or how the victim personally identifies themselves.   

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, doitny said:

Correct. I’ve said this probably 5 times in this thread and others and it the whole point of what you quoted.

29 minutes ago, doitny said:

Both are horrible. Whatever the difference in horrible between the acts doesn’t matter to me. Both way over the line of acceptability.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

What does wokeness have to do with this?  A defensless person was assaulted.   Is the crime any different if the victim is gay, trans, male, female or identifies as cattle?  I really don't get this.  

You have criminal behavior that borders on out of control rage on another person and you're worried about the sex of the victim or how the victim personally identifies themselves.   

I think you misunderstood his point. He's not "worried" about identity politics, he's pointing out that the powers that be are preoccupied with identity politics. 

I agree with you, and 56Mehl I'm sure agrees with us, it shouldn't be relevant but it is. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ron Rico said:

I think you misunderstood his point. He's not "worried" about identity politics, he's pointing out that the powers that be are preoccupied with identity politics. 

I agree with you, and 56Mehl I'm sure agrees with us, it shouldn't be relevant but it is. 

There was an argument being made that the Rice assault was worse because of the sex of the victim.  If you want to attack the WOK crowd how about at least admitting that the paternalistic attitude toward the victim that somehow makes this different is just as absurd as the identity politics you're complaining about.  

The NFL doesn't have to play into it.  They can treat Kamara exactly the same way they treated Ray Rice.  They should.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Don't agree that assault on a women is worse than assault on a man.  That's a paternalistic attitude that's not relevant to the crime.

The NFL suspended Rice because the video went public.  This video is public.  The NFL needs to respond in an equal manor.  The NFL created a precedent with the RIce case.  Without video evidence a cover up by the league is appropriate.  With it you're blackballed out of the league.  Before the video was released Kamara was okay to play.  Now he should be out.  

in a court of law your right, there is no difference, but the NFL is the court of public opinion. and the public wont care about this.

if he beat a women like this he would never wear a NFL uniform again. but the Ray Rice treatment of an indefinite suspension and blackballed out of the league??? no way. your lucky if he gets 4-6 games.

and the precedent you talk off was violence against a women not a man. maybe there is already a precedence vs a man, its hard to believe all the years the NFL has been around that no player ever beat a man.

I can't believe people who advocate for little to no punishment for committing crimes, especially when on tape. The days of punishment have been lost in the last 5 years. It's so sad to see that because when crime is dealt with it usually makes people think twice before engaging in such behavior. It's because of the culture now, and the fact that these people are in the public eye for playing a sport. that sometimes they get away with it. Laws are meant to be followed in a civil society, and it doesn't matter how overcrowded prisons are, that's where people who commit crimes deserve to be. Until we go back to lawful behavior in this country and punishing people for committing crimes this won't get better. That said, he has a right to defend himself, and let the cards fall where they may. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Exactly right move for you. That damn brain of yours should never be risked  being injured by some insecure drunk idiot who caught his  girlfriend bowing his dog earlier in the day and just looking for a fight. Me on the other hand I have as much chance getting smarter as  I do getting dumber by getting hit in the head. 

My dad once said you get into a fight, the next day the other guy is showing off his injuries to his pals at the junkyard where he shovels sh*t for a living while you’re trying to convince your coworkers at the office that you’re not a psychopath.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

in a court of law your right, there is no difference, but the NFL is the court of public opinion. and the public wont care about this.

if he beat a women like this he would never wear a NFL uniform again. but the Ray Rice treatment of an indefinite suspension and blackballed out of the league??? no way. your lucky if he gets 4-6 games.

and the precedent you talk off was violence against a women not a man. maybe there is already a precedence vs a man, its hard to believe all the years the NFL has been around that no player ever beat a man.

The NFL didn't give a sh*t that Ray Rice clobbered a women or Kamara clobbered a defensless man.  They cared about the public relations hit to the league.  The video is what they care about.  The video is out.  He should be gone.  

The NFL doesn't give a sh*t about any of this.  It's all public relations and protect the shield.  Sadly you're wrong about the law.  Criminal behavior and the law itself is not applied equally based soley on criminal behavior.  That's one of the reasons the country is going to sh*t. 

• Upvote 4