Video shows Las Vegas beating involving NFL’s Alvin Kamara, 3 others

jetsons

27 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

That wasn't a fight 

I take it the only fights you've witnessed or been in have been mutually agreed upon and both men or women, said, "alright pal, that's enough, put up your dukes up!!!!" and a kind and friendly handshake was initiated before the fists started flying?   And then they went and shared a mike shake after? 

• WTF? 1

34 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Where is Rodger.   Guy should get the same treatment as Ray Rice.   

As with Ray Rice, the video is going to force the NFL to hand them both long suspensions. 

In my misspent youth, been involved in such cases. Based on that video, not sure a  judge can even allow a defendant to make a self defense argument. A prone possibly unconscious man is not a threat. You aren't neutralizing anyone that is a danger to you. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Brutal. Couple comments — even if this started as self defense (hard to believe in a 10-on-1, anyone had a reasonable fear of this one guy who was retreating), the continued beating when the guy was down and no longer able to defend himself crushes the self-defense defense that Kamara’s lawyer is trying to push. If you’re truly fearful for your life or safety, as soon as the threat is neutralized, you get away. Also they reference what Kamara allegedly said in the limo leaving the scene. At least one of Kamara’s entourage has already flipped. 

Unlikely that he can buy the victim’s silence to make this disappear. There’s more than enough evidence for the prosecutor to proceed even if the victim suddenly “forgets” what went down.

Also, how could they buy his silence.  The future lawsuit will provide all the money he will need.

Lock this bum up.  Privileged or bot privileged this sort of violence needs to stop.  

He is a big man (each one) when in a big group against one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Great idea, lets lock people up for life who get in fights. Do you have a plan to build 1000x more prisons? 

Public Hangings for sexual assaults, murders, etc.

No place on this earth for that kind of scum.  

Then there will be room versus them living on taxpayer money.

• Upvote 1

Great idea, lets lock people up for life who get in fights. Do you have a plan to build 1000x more prisons? 

When a fight gets past the point of an exchange and into the realm of assault on a defensless person where the intent is serious injury he should be charged with a felony.

Life is clearly an over reaction but people who behave this way are a danger to society and should be both punished and deterred as long as that's how we deal with criminal behavior.  Kamara is an adult and should be treated like an adult who committed a felony.  

He certainly should be suspended by the league for a long time.  The precedent is Ray Rice who was essentially out of the league for similiar behavior.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

48 minutes ago, hawk said:

Also, how could they buy his silence.  The future lawsuit will provide all the money he will need.

Lock this bum up.  Privileged or bot privileged this sort of violence needs to stop.  

He is a big man (each one) when in a big group against one.

I’m saying if he settles the civil suit ASAP and the victim “forgets” what happened that night due to the beating. 

But yeah, that was a criminal act and he deserves the long arm of the law up the keister.

• Upvote 2

I’ll bet anyone any amount of money that Kamara will also be charged with obstruction. You just know he was trying to get everyone’s story straight in that limo ride….

He’s lucky the dude didn’t die with that many stomps to the head.

• Upvote 3

I take it the only fights you've witnessed or been in have been mutually agreed upon and both men or women, said, "alright pal, that's enough, put up your dukes up!!!!" and a kind and friendly handshake was initiated before the fists started flying?   And then they went and shared a mike shake after? 

Sounds like you've never been in one of these "fights" or you wouldn't be defending it so vigorously.  This isn't a fight.  The guy got jumped and was outnumbered...it's called an assault.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

I have to be honest, I have seen way worse than that. I have no idea what the guy did to start it, and agree that at one point it was overkill, but for anyone whose ever been in that type of situation, you need to wait for the facts to come out. Without any understanding of what happened to initiate it, its really hard to judge this.

Like I said, I have seen way worse than this. That doesnt make it right, but its not as bad as I expected

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Sounds like you've never been in one of these "fights" or you wouldn't be defending it so vigorously.  This isn't a fight.  The guy got jumped and was outnumbered...it's called an assault.  

You have no idea of what precipitated it. You may be right, but without that knowledge, its really hard to say. I saw a situation much worse than that with a bigger mob that nearly killed someone when the guy was immobilized. It turned out it was for good reason, the guy was attempting to do something terrible and was caught. Its really hard to judge on that video alone

• Upvote 1