Would You Like Chad Pennington With A Batter Arm ???

THE BARON

If I'm taking a QB this draft cycle, it's likely Clayton Tune from Houston somewhere in the 6th/7th/UDFA area.

Good production, good enough height (6'3"), 4,000+ yards and a 40/10 TD/INT ratio as a Senior, 67% comp rate as Jr. and Sr., will be 24 (a bit older, which I prefer to all these f'ing 21 and 22 year olds we draft), a bit more mature, not a cannon arm, but a better brain and pocket presence than you-know-who.

Very cheap and available and worth, perhaps, a shot at a #3 role for future development. 

FA or Trade QB/Wilson (meh)/Tune in 2023.

FA or Trade QB/Tune/Another developmental guy in 2024.  Wilson gone IMO.

See where we are in 2025.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

i dig.  it all comes down to how he will work out.  and, that will come down to how he is handled/supported.  

if the jets drafted mahommes, he'd probably be out of the league.  

Yea for sure, I'd take a crack at him if we sign Carr and McKee is there in the 3rd. I get the feeling he may sneak into the back of the 1st round after the combine testing and interviews.

I loved Chad and he was one of the better qb's this organization has ever had....yes he was smart and had that aww shucks persona, moppy hair, big ears, etc that we all liked.....but he lacked that killer instinct that the great qb's possess......even pre-injury.....he was really good by our standards, but how good was he really?

• Upvote 1

Many reading my posts know the QB solution I have been selling since mid-season last year.
Would you like a QB with the intangibles, football IQ and consistency of Chad Pennington but with a much stronger arm ???
And... Would you like to have this QB without having to shell out a bloated contract for Carr or Rodgers ???
And... Would you like to have that QB along with an extra draft pick this year ???
Well... Here is is

I like this kid in the third ... He probably goes mid of the 2nd ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1