Would You Like Chad Pennington With A Batter Arm ???

THE BARON

Many reading my posts know the QB solution I have been selling since mid-season last year.

Would you like a QB with the intangibles, football IQ and consistency of Chad Pennington but with a much stronger arm ???

And... Would you like to have this QB without having to shell out a bloated contract for Carr or Rodgers ???

And... Would you like to have that QB along with an extra draft pick this year ???

Well... Here is is

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 2

Just now, k-met57 said:

yeah lets pass on Aaron Rodgers for Ryan Mallett 2.0

could be, yes.  but i dont see it that way.  obviously, he is not going to be a dual threat player like josh allen or lamar, nor will he be an inhuman technical passer like joe burrow, but he will be a solid qb like chad that will do his best work when needed most.  the problem with that highlight reel is that they focus on scoring plays and not the other excellent throws he makes.  stanford has a horrible line and scant pass catchers and mckee still produced.  he's going to be a winner. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

He's an intriguing prospect who will go higher than we should draft him. I like him but I don't think our teams timeline makes sense.

i dig.  it all comes down to how he will work out.  and, that will come down to how he is handled/supported.  

if the jets drafted mahommes, he'd probably be out of the league.  

35 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Many reading my posts know the QB solution I have been selling since mid-season last year.

Would you like a QB with the intangibles, football IQ and consistency of Chad Pennington but with a much stronger arm ???

And... Would you like to have this QB without having to shell out a bloated contract for Carr or Rodgers ???

And... Would you like to have that QB along with an extra draft pick this year ???

Well... Here is is

OK, I ran a scenario with draft simulator with the intention of getting Tanner in the 2nd round, while still getting a first round blue chip OT. The assumption was if Richardson is still on the board, Washington would trade up, giving us their 16 and 118 for our 13. I make another trade down in the 4th round to the Saints and pick up a 7th rounder where I grabbed Clayton Tune. (the guy I want).

mock draft - Copy.png

Just now, Ron Rico said:

OK, I ran a scenario with draft simulator with the intention of getting Tanner in the 2nd round, while still getting a first round blue chip OT. The assumption was if Richardson is still on the board, Washington would trade up, giving us their 16 and 118 for our 13. I make another trade down in the 4th round to the Saints and pick up a 7th rounder where I grabbed Clayton Thune. 

mock draft - Copy.png

If the Jets had that draft, i would be beyond happy.  Jones is an obvious pick at number one, but i LOVE your picks for dell and brooks.  that draft is a grand slam

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

I would love a Chad Pennington that can stay healthy more than anything else.

mckee is a sturdy guy.  a big fellow with a strong frame.  what I like most about him is the intangibles.  leadership and the winning nature.  it isnt too often you see a qb play on a team as bad as stanford and still stauy above water with both attitude and constant drive.  his accuracy percentage was good in general, but taken within the context of the line he played  behind and the lack of skill position, his performance was fantastic.  again... he is not going to be a qb like rodgers or joe burrow, but he can be very much like a chad pennington with a better arm and durability.  also...  not apparent in the highlight reels, but he also is very good with short, timing passes.  he's not just a long ball guy like flacco.  he can run a west cost offense too

58 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Well... Here is is

Here’s another under the radar QB who can run and throw, he moved to Wisconsin to play for Phil Longo and his air raid offense next season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0RFcjTdbU

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The next Jets QB has to be a gritty guy. No more of these yes-ma’am mama’s boy types. 

i like grit.  hard to say for sure just how gritty a guy is gonna be on the field.  plenty of guys covered in menacing  tats that will fold up when things get tough.  probably a bunch of leave it to beaver looking dudes that you'd have to kill to beat.  

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

I know just the guy.....

HatefulFineAiredale-max-1mb.gif

haha.  actually, with the right offense, the crotch grabber would be a solid, productive qb.   as long as your defense keeps your team from going down by more than a score, he'd be decent to have.  he cant do it all for you like rodgers or mahommes, but few can.  he would be worlds better than zach wilson, at least. 

• Upvote 1