Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

4 hours ago, tdoublee said:

I think the delay is he simply wants to enjoy all the things he has planned for this off-season before he shifts focus to football and his new team.

He is trying to be "present" in his activities and could care less about what the media or fans want.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using My

Absolutely 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

it would be official without being OFFICIAL.

lets say nothing is done for 2 weeks. Jimmy G and other QBs sign somewhere else. now you , me and every Jet fan would think its a done deal because we didnt even try to sign another QB. but then Rodgers backs out for whatever reason. then what? Rodgers will say i didnt agree to anything you must have misunderstood me. and only him and a few other people will know the real truth. 

now if Rodgers comes out and tells everyone he has agreed to a trade to the Jets then yes he could still back out but he would look like the biggest scumbag in history. he is more inclined to honor the deal that way then some closed door agreement that 5 people maybe know for sure what happened. the media would kill him, his rep would be forever tarnished. his word for the rest of his life would mean nothing.

Or he just wants to enjoy his time off

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’ll never first that pass that was thrown about 5-6 yards behind him, DB caught it and Marshall slowed up ripped it out his hands trotting into the endzone. Dude was fun to watch. 

Brandon and Braylan - two WRs who had very short stints here but changed the offenses for the better while they were healthy.

It’s a little sad that I’d consider both of them in the top 5 Jets WRs since I started really being a fan in the early 2000s.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You could correct me a thousand times Barry, and I’ll never get that one right, lol.

I’m hoping I finally figured out regardless/irregardless and then/than.

Just think about what you're saying. If you could care less it means you have some level of care. If you couldn't - well, you already don't care at all thus, couldn't care less.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Airtight? I know two different people who have entirely different connections and they have identical info. I’d say the opposite of airtight. There’s no mystery. They’re waiting for the green light from Aaron, with an announcement by tomorrow morning. 

Have you heard the compensation too by any chance? 

43 minutes ago, Wit said:

The airtight nature is likely the other moves they need to make in terms of bradying this roster for a superbowl push. The Rodgers part of this is already done.

What a fantastic new gerund.  You should get paid for that.  I'll use it.

Now it's time for JD to go bradyup this roster.  Make it happen.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I wouldn’t expect this - I think his most recent appearance on Mcafee was his last scheduled appearance on that show for the year. 

I just think he wants to sit back, relax, announce it on his schedule. I would. 

Reading this board can be like an episode (season) of Sienfeld.

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Waiting for this decision has made my entire body feel like my legs do after I’ve sat on the toilet bowl for way too long.

Tingly, weak, and numb.

Please don't be one of those guys who dies on the toilet.  

• Haha 1

Amazing how people just read anything they want into these vague social media statements that have multiple possible meanings or actually none.  For some it seems the very essence of Jets fan negativity comes pouring out in each and every adaptation.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

He’s not returning to greenbay, idk why y’all jumping on everything 

Because they’re impatient and don’t understand how a Rodgers trade hasn’t happened yet, despite being 3 days from the start of the league year anyways.

• Haha 1

Because they’re impatient and don’t understand how a Rodgers trade hasn’t happened yet, despite being 3 days from the start of the league year anyways.
I give the announcement a window between 8-18 hours

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The only information out there is that 1. The Pack and Jets *probably* have the framework for a deal and 2. They’re *probably* waiting on Rodgers to decide—both pieces are inferential and not based on any leaks. The Jets very publicly flew across the country for him, and Mark Murphy effectively said “yes, we are trading him to the Jets.” 

You can go with probably if you’d like.