Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

I think it’s clear that he already knows what he’s doing and is going to announce it himself. Jets acting like he’s coming. What I’m trying to figure out is if he already told the Jets/Hackett that he’s coming but asked them to allow him to announce it

Makes sense. We owe him that much. 17 years with 1 team, 1 SB, numerous awards… let him handle it his way, as long as it doesn’t hurt our ability to function in getting quality FA players to strengthen our team 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This not working out would be the ultimate

butt-fumbling

Vinny Testaverde Achilles-snapping

Anthony Barr spurning

Gastineau late-hitting

Kirk Cousins negotiating pawn

John Idzik hiring

Mike McCagnan hiring

Adam Gase eye-popping glaring

Bill Belichick resigning

Dan Marino fake-spiking

Don Shula Mud Bowl tarp uncovering

Joe Namath knee-shattering

Not drafting Dan Marino

Missing out on drafting Brett Favre

Peyton Manning staying in school

Missing out on Trevor Lawrence 

Jets embarrassment…

Doug Brien kick whiffing..

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

On 3/11/2023 at 3:29 PM, jayrad01 said:

Same here. If it you don't know at this point of you want to play or retire that's a huge problem. I think he walks away. 

As Parcells use to say " If you're thinking about retiring , you're retired. " 

On 3/11/2023 at 3:26 PM, kevinc855 said:

This has now dragged out too long. Prepare yourself for pain. This be a done deal if it was truly a done deal by now 

As much as I hate your post , sadly I must agree.  The longer it drags out, my feeling is, the less of a chance Rodgers is coming.  I said from the beginning sign Carr. Less money and less drama. We'd have our FA QB and we could focus on other needs like OL in FA. 

Just now, Thai Jet said:

As much as I hate your post , sadly I must agree.  The longer it drags out, my feeling is, the less of a chance Rodgers is coming.  I said from the beginning sign Carr. Less money and less drama. We'd have our FA QB and we could focus on other needs like OL in FA. 

How do you know Carr wanted to sign with the Jets?

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Rodgers said "one season" and Marshall was a Jet for two.  Probably would've helped if Rodgers had known that.  Sometimes we forget that fans pay more attention to the league as a whole than many of the players do.

The key is Rodgers statements both before and after the “one season” were pertaining to giving Marshall some pushback on his Jets claim.   

45 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Wondered about that but in all reality, does a playoff appearance even move the needle for Rodgers?  It's a big deal to Jets fans, but that dude goes just about every year.

well i think if he comes here his decision to come back for year 2 is tied to making the play-offs and then how far we go. so figure a sliding scale where missing the play-offs is basically a zero chance he plays a 2nd year up to a superbowl appearance where it's close to 100% chance he comes back for a second year (and maybe even a 3rd)

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

FWIW; I would love to be wrong, but I would not expect anything to be announced today.

Tomorrow morning is far more likely.

Can't interfere with selection Sunday.  Not a chance it's today or tonight.  Woody, Rodger, Goodell want this to be the big headlines as soon as everyone gets bored with their brackets (usually about 45 minutes). 

I expect in the afternoon here.  No earlier than 11 Pacific time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

well i think if he comes here his decision to come back for year 2 is tied to making the play-offs and then how far we go. so figure a sliding scale where missing the play-offs is basically a zero chance he plays a 2nd year up to a superbowl appearance where it's close to 100% chance he comes back for a second year (and maybe even a 3rd)

If the season goes well and the jets dangle some more money out there, he'll be back for season 2.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

What we’re witnessing is Aaron Rodgers coming to terms with the existential crisis that is realizing the New York Jets are his only option.

I’d take my time with that too.

He just saw Morris County property taxes and felt dirty.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Roadhouse Roundhouse Kick GIF by MetzgerBrenner

truth or not?  flipping around the dial...if this movie popped up unexpectedly, it stayed on.  Amirite?  

All of the stunts/martial arts in this one were directed by my Wife's uncle, (who often worked with P.S.)  (Also the first two diehard flicks and many many more)

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That the Jets never had any interest in Rodgers and still don’t.

His prediction was Jimmy G or Tannehill.

He did say no interest in carr so can we give him that one?

just trying to be kind - he still has a ways to go to wipe the whole zack is out for the season with an acl

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

truth or not: flipping around the dial...if this movie popped up unexpectedly, it stayed on.  Amirite?  

All of the stunts/martial arts in this one were directed by my Wife's uncle, (who often worked with P.S.)  (Also the first two diehard flicks and many many more)

Yes if Roadhouse is on tv on some channel, then it’s being watched 100%.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Can't interfere with selection Sunday.  Not a chance it's today or tonight.  Woody, Rodger, Goodell want this to be the big headlines as soon as everyone gets bored with their brackets (usually about 45 minutes). 

I expect in the afternoon here.  No earlier than 11 Pacific time.

Accurate

• Sympathy 1

Rodgers truly doesn’t want to play for the Jets but probably will still end up having too. Nobody in their right mind would walk away from 100 million no matter what type of money they have. He’s been holding out to see if other teams jump in on this and he had until Monday basically to wait and see if anything else materialized. I want Rodgers in NY but we are getting a player that really doesn’t want to be here. He will still ball out when he hits the field but in the end he won’t mentally be all in. 

• Upvote 1