Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

I knew he would drag this out . Why would he rush make a decision he is guaranteed 58 million he can refuse to make a decision force Greenbay to cut him then he can go to a team of his choosing. He is getting 58 million whether he sits in GreenBay and rots or gets traded makes no difference. 

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

There is honestly no other reason to be holding out on a decision this long except he is waiting for another team to make an offer or is actually actively negotiating with another team.

OK wasn't the time for that prior to noon EST today?

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

There is honestly no other reason to be holding out on a decision this long except he is waiting for another team to make an offer or is actually actively negotiating with another team.

He and his agent can't speak to any other team without the Packers' ok.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Jets, packers and Rodgers already know the outcome... The rest is just a formality... 

They are not going to announce it when you want... They don't need to... They already know the compensation... Nothing will change... JD will not be effected by this for FA tampering 

Carry on

Sure it does.  AR is huge card to play during negotiations with FA. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah I'm not excusing him for it....but really what would be the point of delaying this long unless you're negotiating a return to Green Bay or a trade to another team?

He's getting dangerously close to his name going down in infamy with Packers fans.

6 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

All these games are the exact reason I wanted nothing to do with this guy.

He's exactly who I thought he was as a person.

it really takes a giant mental leap to say he's not good enough for Green Bay anymore but he's going to win the SB in New York. 

there are no easy answers here

JD needs to find another QB and fast 

Just now, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

No that's not what I said... He is a Jet... There is some reason they are delaying but it is already done... And they can tell FAs that... Sure they can not believe its not official till the 15th anyway 

He’s not a Jet

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

I knew he would drag this out . Why would he rush make a decision he is guaranteed 58 million he can refuse to make a decision force Greenbay to cut him then he can go to a team of his choosing. He is getting 58 million whether he sits in GreenBay and rots or gets traded makes no difference. 

Green Bay cannot cut him without paying him.

Edited by Dunnie