Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

45 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Somebody who purposely drinks Ayahuasca tea to go on an inward journey of self-discovery is not operating on the level most people operate on. 

Seems kind of judgemental and ignorant. Being a SB winner and multiple time league MVP is also not operating on a level most people operate on. Also, lets look at that "most people" concept. The average person isn't impressive whatsoever, and the bar for said group keeps getting lower and lower each day. Do you consider yourself as part of the "most people" group? Because they're a sad bunch heading for disaster in general. Don't aspire to be "most people" be yourself. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

GB has more leverage then I believe people think here and they are probably trying to squeeze JD and that is the hold up.

somebody owes aaron rodgers $58.7 million between march 17 and week 1.  if GB can't trade rodgers and if rodgers doesn't retire, then GB will be writing the check and incurring the cap hit this year and beyond for this payment

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

GB has more leverage then I believe people think here and they are probably trying to squeeze JD and that is the hold up.

They don’t really / no other team has even been said to have had interest in AR.  If they keep pushing then JD could just say, ok never mind, then the packers are stuck with a guy they owe 60M to and they don’t want anymore.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Now maybe some of you girls can take the tampons out of your vaginas

I'm sorry but the entire online and print media have been completely shut out of this  entire process and not a single shred of info has been leaked (other than Wingo's tweet), but yet I'm supposed to believe that THIS "reporter" has found some magic treasure chest of info?  I call COMPLETE BS!!!  THIS is exactly why people despise the media.  Complete fabrication of "facts" for a few seconds of spotlight and clicks.  Nauseating. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, jetblue95 said:

somebody owes aaron rodgers $58.7 million between march 17 and week 1.  if GB can't trade rodgers and if rodgers doesn't retire, then GB will be writing the check and incurring the cap hit this year and beyond for this payment

Yes but I believe they are betting on 3 things and willing to risk that (which they created the situation in 1st place)

1. he doesnt want to retire

2. He wants a change of scenery (jets)

3. Jets desperately want him (obvious) to the point where they now "almost" desperately need him

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No one is giving Odell $15mm to $20mm.  I think he would be lucky to get $10mm

In the scenario unfolding he gets to get his "realistic" contract (with incentives) while also publicly saying he "gave up money" for the chance to win with Rodgers. I don't think he ultimately signs here, but I could see it

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I also think some need to step back and realize how realistic his wishlist is.

An UFA that I would’ve liked us to target anyway that’s still only 27 that’s a big body WR that we need.

An UFA TE that’s great at blocking that’s cheap. 

An UFA vet slot WR that’s cheap.

And an UFA that likely would sacrifice $$$ for probably only us.

It’s not like he said we need to trade for a proven #1 WR, a great starting LT, a star RB. Etc.

He gave very realistic options that actual would make us better.

Exactly. These players can be added without gutting the core of the team elsewhere and hopefully with giving Quinnen his extension.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

They have all the leverage in the world. They are dealing with Woody.

So what you're saying is past your cheap attempt at a one liner they don't have any. GB needs to, and wants to, trade AR which their GM pretty much said this past Friday. Don't get me wrong I like a good Woody joke, but that was more you raising a white flag than anything else.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

They don’t really / no other team has even been said to have had interest in AR.  If they keep pushing then JD could just say, ok never mind, then the packers are stuck with a guy they owe 60M to and they don’t want anymore.

Thats the thing - JD has now put himself in position where walking away now damages himself

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'm sorry but the entire online and print media have been completely shut out of this  entire process and not a single shred of info has been leaked (other than Wingo's tweet), but yet I'm supposed to believe that THIS "reporter" has found some magic treasure chest of info?  I call COMPLETE BS!!!  THIS is exactly why people despise the media.  Complete fabrication of "facts" for a few seconds of spotlight and clicks.  Nauseating. 

She had the Jets flying out to Cali before anyone else

• WTF? 1

Just now, SickJetFan said:

Yes but I believe they are betting on 3 things and willing to risk that (which they created the situation in 1st place)

1. he doesnt want to retire

2. He wants a change of scenery (jets)

3. Jets desperately want him (obvious) to the point where they now "almost" desperately need him

i can't discount the woody mingling in matters possibility, but JD's track record on trades is pretty good.  i'll take my chances with him negotiating this deal.

plus, the packers are just as desperate to want to move rodgers as the jets may apparently be to get him.  their president basically said we don't want him back.  hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube on that one.

Just now, jetblue95 said:

i can't discount the woody mingling in matters possibility, but JD's track record on trades is pretty good.  i'll take my chances with him negotiating this deal.

plus, the packers are just as desperate to want to move rodgers as the jets may apparently be to get him.  their president basically said we don't want him back.  hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube on that one.

i think at some point JD has to take the deal and live with consequences good or bad

• More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

You are correct, and I don't think this is lost on people either. It's just people desperately pushing a narrative because for them they'd rather the team failed than go in a different direction than what they themselves want. Or the always present fan who cares more about "being right" and ragging on others.

Just now, C Mart said:

you are making the assumption isn't agreed to.

I am making assumptions that some of the aspects are not fully agreed to - like how much $$ of the contract will GB pay and then draft pick round or conditions, and or any players may be included

I agree basic framework has been in place for while but finer more import details like $$ , this round vs that or which players..

30 minutes ago, football guy said:

Joe is extremely convicted when it comes to talent and not letting guys go as we've already come to learn with others so while the initial reaction is that they'd have to make room for touches, it wouldn't be a shock to see this hardline stance. Maybe they just say f it lets create a super squad at WR if that's what Aaron wants? Lol imagine a receiver group of Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, Allen Lazard, Odell Beckham, Randall Cobb, and Denzel Mims my god... in reality I don't expect them to land every WR Rodgers wants, but if they do it'll be more of a 1-year deal as Rodgers acclimates to some of the guys we already have in-house 

when do the Jets expect Hall back next season?  midway or can he come back sooner?

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

What's their leverage? Not wanting the guy and expressing such, the huge yet non existent trade market for AR, or the cap bomb they themselves are facing?

They wrote that contract, they made their bed, they probably now trying to off-load the whole thing on JD whereas JD probably not having.  I think in the end though it will happen at last minute.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So much for all the talk that JD got a 6 year deal and total control.

Woody is a disaster.  Maybe we should get his brother Chris to weigh in.

7eeuvf.jpg

Eh, that requires the franchise to not be in ruins when you bought it in the first place. Who knows one day you may have a rich boss who gives you a directive and while contractually you may not be required to fulfill it you'll probably realize it's the thing to do. I like the picture though as in no way do I think the Dicks are bright.