Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

He's not wrong. Hindenburg might be a little much. But definitely an open ocean oil spill of some kind. 

Better hope it's an ocean spill, because we're the Jets, not the Dolphins

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Joe Douglas needs to keep that firm stance of not giving the Packers the 13th or 43rd overall picks for Aaron Rogers this year. They can have the 74th overall pick and a conditional pick next year. That's fair value for a soon to be 40 year old quarteback who might play two more seasons, and on top of that the Jets are going to have to eat Rodgers cap hits for the next 4 years. Hold out Joe Douglas. I'm willing to wait until after the draft to get Rodgers, because I know the Packers want to start the Jordan Love era. 

This negotiation is set up on a tee for the them.  Just knock it into the fairway.

If the Packers are being unreasonable, it’s a guessing game.

Are you willing to call their bluff?  What if there’s a major QB injury and a mystery team jumps in?

8 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I have a stream set up starting 12pm est if you are into that kinda thing. Will be a lot of Q&A before Rodgers.

I won't be able to show the visuals on screen but I'll have the volume up loud enough for when Rodgers comes on.

Ryan please stop promoting that “If Rodgers picks us” crap

you on YouTube live making us all look desperate when it’s CLEAR Rodgers decision has been made long ago.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s from 6:24 AM

I stopped reading that thread 150 pages ago. It’s all hand-wringing and stress I don’t need.

Take it as entertainment ... its a lot of fun ... and if unforeseeable happens, everything blows up, and Zach is the starter day one - still entertaining as all hell.

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Couldn't Rodgers just agree to move up the date in that clause? Players + teams renegotiate & restructure contracts all the time. 

It may happen today, or maybe on the 17th, but the idea that "it's impossible until then" makes no sense to me because both parties have the ability to change that date in writing in 2 minutes upon a trade going through.

Today is the 1 year anniversary of his last restructured contract, players can only restructure once per year. This could be the deadline Rodgers referred to. JD may have convinced the Packers to eat some salary.

How in the world did we come full circle back to Jets and Green Bay still haggling on compensation?  I thought the forum had switched away from compensation haggling (Narrative A) to the Aaron Rodgers is intentionally yanking Scheftapport's yarbles (Narrative B).   And now we are back to Narrative A.  Alrighty then.

Sigh.  I still trust what we read here on the comp package having been done a while ago.  But then again, I think the terms were in place before the Jets ever hired Hackett.  

In any event, it will be interesting to finally find out if the delay was Narrative A, Narrative B or some Dark Horse!

• Haha 1

Just now, Dcat said:

How in the world did we come full circle back to Jets and Green Bay still haggling on compensation?  I thought the forum had switched away from compensation haggling (Narrative A) to the Aaron Rodgers is intentionally yanking Scheftapport's yarbles (Narrative B).   And now we are back to Narrative A.  Alrighty then.

Sigh.  I still trust what we read here on the comp package having been done a while ago.  But then again, I think the terms were in place before the Jets ever hired Hackett.  

In any event, it will be interesting to finally find out if the delay was Narrative A, Narrative B or some Dark Horse!

This is the reason why I believe today might be a nothing burger 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Don't care if it's 2 firsts.  I can't remember the last Jets game I didn't watch and I'm on this site daily.  The last time this team brought me joy was 14 years ago. 

It is incomprehensible to me that any jet fan would be poo pooing the idea of Aaron fking Rodgers QBing this team the next couple years surrounded by young budding stars on both sides of the ball. 

I don't care about 2025.  It wouldn't shock me if Zach figures it out and takes the reigns at that point.

He’s not worth two firsts at this juncture. Probably only a conditional one next year based on playoff success or playing more than one season. Zach has a better chance of “figuring it out” than the Packers do of getting two firsts. And the former will never happen. 

Thinking about all of the comments from the media and some Jets fans on this - I simply wonder why all of the fuss?

The Jets are a punching bag, clown show etc. They can't get out of their own way and their owner is a buffoon. So other than Rodgers may not be well liked by many, why do they care about the Jets? They are hapless and will always be so so again, why such the uproar? Shouldn't the narrative be basically one liners of Jets being Jets?

Is is possible that the national and local media are actually concerned that the Jets will be good and say contenders? Will their narrrative of clown show no longer be valid?

Are guys like Cimini concerned that bringing his smart ass negative comments will be basically be told to go f himself by Rodgers?

Say what you want about Woody but in this case he is seriously trying to improve this team and make a run. Good for him and F off to all of the doubters and haters in the media. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

He’s not worth two firsts at this juncture. Probably only a conditional one next year based on playoff success or playing more than one season. Zach has a better chance of “figuring it out” than the Packers do of getting two firsts. And the former will never happen. 

Yes I don't actually think they're getting 2 firsts..   Just saying I wouldn't care if it was. 

I trust JD will not get strong-armed. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Ryan please stop promoting that “If Rodgers picks us” crap

you on YouTube live making us all look desperate when it’s CLEAR Rodgers decision has been made long ago.

Where do you see me saying if he picks us? I've been saying it's a lock for weeks. Bleacher Report had me on a podcast last month where I broke down how I thought it would go down.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

I think Wingo is one of the few that gets it right with Rodgers so I think it is probably happening, but this doesnt make any sense at all

The Packers & Jets agreed to a deal, Rodgers signed off on the plan, but the hold up is because the Packers want to honor him? WTF that doesnt make any sense at all. Why would they be able to honor him better next week than this week or last week?

--

I think Rodgers signed off on a deal last week and that's why wingo broke it, but that's still far from the Jets & Packers having a "done deal"

He specifically said he doesn't know what the hold up is. He is just speculating around both teams trying to "get it right" in terms of PR and optics.

• Upvote 1

Why would you not grill the jets for two firsts?  Or a 1st a 2nd and a player?  The Jets waited too long, watched all viable alternatives go away and have shown they are 100% desperate to get him, they are already signing players he has asked them to sign.  If I'm the packers I hold their feet to the fire.

A few weeks ago the Jets held the hammer when carr and jimmie G and such were alternatives, not any more.

As of now it is a game of chicken but the packers do not have an owner breathing down their necks.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 2

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Where do you see me saying if he picks us? I've been saying it's a lock for weeks. Bleacher Report had me on a podcast last month where I broke down how I thought it would go down.

Do not question Oatmeal just do as he says. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Trotter said:

So let's say as part of the negotiation Woody said let's do this in person as opposed to zoom or whatever else social technology is out there. Maybe he wanted to show just how serious they are so he flew his contingent out there to meet.

Now let's say that the above was done by either the Mara's, Rooney's or Kraft. The narrative would be this is how a professional organization handles business.

Good owners don't handle business that way. They aren't desperate, they dont chase players like that, especially players from other organizations.

Now if Rodgers wanted to fly in and meet in person, by all means, Florham Park is still accessible.

But flying half the organization out to his cave and letting him tell you which buddies he wants to play with is unprecedented and pathetic

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

No, it's your opinion, not "truth".  Geez...   please come down off your self-constructed throne.  

And your takes this off season are massively flawed.  Seriously. Oozing with incorrectness.

OK then the Jets are definitely going to win the Super Bowl this season! 

Nothing could possibly backfire with this old demanding diva 

We will all live happily ever after 

See how ludicrous that sounds? 

There's popular opinion then there's accurate opinion. They are not the same 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

Why would you not grill the jets for two firsts?  Or a 1st a 2nd and a player?  The Jets waited too long, watched all viable alternatives go away and have shown they are 100% desperate to get him, they are already signing players he has asked them to sign.  If I'm the packers I hold their feet to the fire.

A few weeks ago the Jets held the hammer when carr and jimmie G and such were alternatives, not any more.

As of now it is a game of chicken but the packers do not have an owner breathing down their necks.

They also lose if they don't trade him. Not sure they want that. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, bitonti said:

OK then the Jets are definitely going to win the Super Bowl this season! 

Nothing could possibly backfire with this old demanding diva 

We will all live happily ever after 

See how ludicrous that sounds? 

There's popular opinion then there's accurate opinion. They are not the same 

I think it's time for you to schedule a darkness retreat. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, kmnj said:

clearly anything being written in the media is speculation or guessing but I read a few " experts" saying the jets may have to part with 2 number  ones to get arod-if that is the case it is way too much for a guy that at best will be here 3 years but more than likely 1-2

at that price  I would rather have lamar  who should give you 5-7 years or sign the mustache on the cheap  and draft a qb and hope joe gets it right after missing badly before

If the Jets were giving up 2 #1's I would rather have Jackson for the price.  I would however bet my left nut that there is no way in the world that Jets would give that much up for Rodgers.

Just now, Green DNA said:

If the Jets were giving up 2 #1's I would rather have Jackson for the price.  I would however bet my left nut that there is no way in the world that Jets would give that much up for Rodgers.

They are going to give up at least 1 first the question now is how much more? 

The Jets have zero leverage 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

no, but the packers have a $58.7 million guaranteed payout due to rodgers hanging over their necks

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So apparently, you do not buy into the "Compensation was settled a while ago" narrative.    I dunno about that.  There were some pretty reliable supporters of that one.  But just a gut feeling for me.  Are you still on the "Aaron Rodgers is puppeteering JD" narrative, or has that changed too?  Just trying to keep up.  Its tiring.  :)

• Haha 1