Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

Lol I'd just burn the house down with Zach in it if thats the case.

American Horror Story Burn GIF by AHS

Joe Douglas going into Woody’s office and saying “yeah, I signed Lazard, Hardman, OBJ and Zeke, but we’re going with Zach at QB because I’m not giving up the #13 pick…” would be epic.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Where have we gotten better so far? Frankly all I’m seeing is a worsening of the team to this point. Downgrades or sidegrades at best.  Very unimpressed with this off-season so far.

Basically we’re in “Rodgers will fix it all” land now….before we have Rodgers. Just waiting to see how much we have to fork over for him…and when.

Things have just started. I would say Hardman better than Berriis. I would say Lazard is the big bodied receiver Mims was supposed to be. No matter what we pay for Rodgers not having Flacco, White, Strevelar or the other kid QBing is a tremendous upgrade. Free agency isn’t over and the draft is a month away. Not sure what you expect at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not sure I trust Scheffter in any of this. But apparently he did say that the 2 sides haven’t talked in several days now. So that’s alarming a bit.

Good. And we shouldn't call them anymore. Our offer is on the table.

Do you want picks for 2023 or no? JD is more than fine moving on as he's proven time and time again. 

• Upvote 2

If they insist on 13, I'd tell them they have until the day before the draft to come to their senses or we're moving on. 
Take Hooker at 13, oline with 2nd rd picks, sign any vet available to compete, 3 way open competition with hooker, vet, zach.

Hooker is dropping because he has an acl injury and won’t play next year or see much action.
  • Upvote 1

Not sure I trust Scheffter in any of this. But apparently he did say that the 2 sides haven’t talked in several days now. So that’s alarming a bit.

They probably see no point as there is no deadline right now. There is an owners meeting coming up where they will talk.
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

They talked behind his back for months and he knew nothing. He still knows nothing. He releases stuff just to make everyone think he is working.  The Jets and Packers don’t release anything to anyone except the Packers telling Trey Wingo things, here or there. Got to hand it to JD for being quiet about stuff. That’s why I don’t believe the Zeke rumors. 

• Haha 1

So according to the Packers message board, there’s a Shefter tweet that the two teams are at a standoff and have talked in the past week. “They want the #13 pick… and more.”

Suck a dick cheeseheads
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Yeah if I’m Douglas/Woody it’s time to start thinking about a hard deadline to give them and signing someone who can manage games. I assume Woody is also not willing to give up the 13th pick as I’d imagine they are in lockstep on this.

Rodgers for a year is just not worth overpaying for

20 minutes ago, Wit said:

Hooker is dropping because he has an acl injury and won’t play next year or see much action.

Good. He'll be there at 13. 

Let's move on. If you want to offer Lamar, fine, do that. If you want to trade for Stafford, great. It's enough. Yeah I want Rodgers but I'm not selling the next 3 years for a 1 year rental in an extremely competitive AFC.

JD needs to put an expiration date of next week on this offer and start enacting plan B.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

On NFL live, Schefter said “The two sides have been stalled in their talks,” Schefter said on NFL Live. “There’s been a standoff with Green Bay wanting more than the Jets are offering. The Jets feel like they’re offering a lot. The Packers feel like they’re not offering enough, and the two sides are left at a stand-still.

“They’ve gone back and forth on this. They haven’t spoken much in the last week, but it certainly sounds like the Packers want a first-round draft pick in that trade, and that’s not all.”

In other words, “I know nothing. No one will return my call.”

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Good. He'll be there at 13. 

Let's move on. If you want to offer Lamar, fine, do that. If you want to trade for Stafford, great. It's enough. Yeah I want Rodgers but I'm not selling the next 3 years for a 1 year rental in an extremely competitive AFC.

JD needs to put an expiration date of next week on this offer and start enacting plan B.

plan b potus GIF by Obama

It certainly feels like the Moore pick is to have a 2nd for the Rodgers trade. The more time that goes by the more I think that GB changed the deal after Aaron indicated he wanted to play for the Jets maybe a few days before Aaron went public. I really believe that the Jets have all the leverage if they want it because GB has no real options, and I don't think that Rodgers just retires meekly into the night. I am not a fan of this move at all, and JD has distinguished himself in trades so we will see who blinks first. 

Like I have said before, the Jets should publicly remove themselves from the negotiations and just wait until GB caves which they will.

24 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

March madness is fixed just like the NFL.  The refs in this Tennessee game all need to be fired

I think you might be in the wrong thread? The March Madness one is that away >>>>>

24 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Ok then ... Want a sandwich?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

If he doesn’t, I’ll take his, please.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wit said:

They probably see no point as there is no deadline right now. There is an owners meeting coming up where they will talk.

I wouldn’t be shocked if someone from the NFL, maybe Goodell himself, pulled Mark Murphy and Woody Johnson aside next week and said “go grab your guys and we’re not leaving this room until the deal is done”.  This situation has moved beyond “hot story” to “an ugly annoyance” and it’s best for everyone, including the league, if it gets worked out sooner rather than later.  

3 minutes ago, MykePM said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if someone from the NFL, maybe Goodell himself, pulled Mark Murphy and Woody Johnson aside next week and said “go grab your guys and we’re not leaving this room until the deal is done”.  This situation has moved beyond “hot story” to “an ugly annoyance” and it’s best for everyone, including the league, if it gets worked out sooner rather than later.  

Yeah it doesn’t work that way. The NFL isn’t going to force two teams to make a trade. Other than anxious Jets and Packers fans, in no way is this a negative for the NFL. It could end up being a draft day trade.  All I hope is JD better write that note to himself, Aaron Rodgers, no matter what.