Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

No no you guys are right the breece hall experiment is going great 

The 18 month knee rebuild abs rehab was really well timed 

A GM master stroke really 

It's up there with replacing a twitchy fast 2 mil Moore with an injured 6 mil Hardman 

Just genius moves all around 

So Breece Hall’s knee injury is JDs fault?  But no credit given as the player was tearing it up pre injury?

Timing coulda been way worse too, coulda happened end of season and he could be missing half this year.

I’ve been reading this board and a now defunct board for many years.  I remember reading posts from the old Bit who used to do excellent draft analysis.  I’m just trying to pinpoint the moment that you made your complete  heel turn. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Seen this trade floating around. 

Jets trade #13, #42, #43

Packers trade #15, #45, Aaron Rodgers. 

Essentially Jets trade 2nd round pick and 2 pick swaps with Packers gaining 2 positions in each round. 

We still keep 1st and 2nd round pick, albeit 2 positions lower. Thoughts ?

The Jets are not pick swapping. The deal has been in place for a while now. The recent trade has nothing to do with it

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

51 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Justin Timberlake Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

32 minutes ago, freestater said:

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Last week, Wingo said Rodgers would be in NY "next week" and he expected the deal to be officially done.

I wonder what Wingo's definition of "next week" is...cause time is running out on my definition....

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

If this is true from this thread i saw on Reddit, where do we get our WR? Draft maybe ? 

—-> “Here’s what I was able to make out from the vid: it looks like LW first says “you goin to the Chiefs right?” And then they have a convo. When the camera turns OBJ appears to say “but then you got the Jets right… “who really don’t have that much [coin] to offer me, but [something]” “The last word he says in the video looked like “regards”, like he was saying “With regards”, but now I realise it’s pretty likely he was saying “With Rogers” or “Aaron Rogers” 

I am of the belief that the Rodgers' trade won't happen until after the draft, most likely announced after the June 1st deadline so the Packers can get relief on the cap. Rodgers doesn't have to show up to OTA's and the Jets will have 3 of the top 43 picks. They can use these picks to secure some holes on their OL, DL and TE/WR. Packers will get their compensation for next year's draft.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Jesus dude... you are insufferable crank... nothing is right, everything is wrong...

Jets suck and they can't do anything right....

JD can't draft except for when he can...

JD is horrible at trades except for when he isn't....

The players are garbage except for when they perform...

The coaches all suck whether they win or lose. 

Woody Johnson is a cheap bastard that gets in the way except all the money he spent improving the back office....

Zach Wilson was only drafted out of a favor to Wilson's uncle who was already a sponsor of the Jets but is the only reason Jet Blue sponsors the Jets and it has nothing to do with the mascot of the team...

A HOF QB coming to the Jets is the worst move ever because the Jets never win and they are mortgaging the future.

I mean seriously WTF...

There are 31 losers and 1 winner every year 

If it was up to you guys jd would get a participation Lombardi trophy just for trying 

• More Ugh 2

5 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I am of the belief that the Rodgers' trade won't happen until after the draft, most likely announced after the June 1st deadline so the Packers can get relief on the cap. Rodgers doesn't have to show up to OTA's and the Jets will have 3 of the top 43 picks. They can use these picks to secure some holes on their OL, DL and TE/WR. Packers will get their compensation for next year's draft.

To me I would be fine with that but would rather the trade go through before June 1 so he’s off the books for us after this year

3 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

I’m just trying to pinpoint the moment that you made your complete  heel turn. 

The exact moment was when the Jets passed on Jimmy G to take jace Amaro 

What's the point of doing draft analysis if your team drafts like hot garbage? 

You guys can label me a heel but I'm not the one who used the 34 pick on Moore. Or the 36 pick on an already injured running back 

These are practically first Rd selections jd pissed away 

And by the way I was holding back. The real bummer news is that halls best football is behind him. He's never going to look like he did, pre knee reconstruction. He'll never fly around again he's going to learn how to make cuts eventually but year 2 will be a wash and year 3 he will be a ghost of year 1

That's what happens to running backs who suffer knee reconstruction, they don't come back better 

Whether hall himself was injury prone is not the point. The position is injury prone and JD took the risk to maybe help Zach develop 

Teams with actual talent at qb don't use 36 on tailback 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You guys can label me a heel but I'm not the one who used the 34 pick on Moore. Or the 36 pick on an already injured running back 

And by the way I was holding back. The real bummer news is that halls best football is behind him. He's never going to look like he did, pre knee reconstruction. He'll never fly around again he's going to learn how to make cuts eventually but year 2 will be a wash and year 3 he will be a ghost of year 1

That's what happens to running backs who suffer knee reconstruction, they don't come back better 

Whether hall himself was injury prone is not the point. The position is injury prone and JD took the risk to maybe help Zach develop 

At this point these posts write themselves.  I wonder if you ask ChatGPT to "write a post like user: bitonti on JetNation"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ptisme said:

To me I would be fine with that but would rather the trade go through before June 1 so he’s off the books for us after this year

But splitting his dead money of 15M and 24M in the next 2 years is more palatable. Still allows the Packers to fill some holes this year instead of throwing Love to the wolves. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

You're complaining about injuries and you want Jimmy G?

Compared to jace Amaro? Yes 

It wasn't just that decision in a vacuum it was dozens of bad decisions 

This Aaron Rodgers thing by the way is another bad decision

13 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

At this point these posts write themselves.  I wonder if you ask ChatGPT to "write a post like user: bitonti on JetNation"

If I were a chat bot they'd put me down for being a bummer 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Compared to jace Amaro? Yes 

It wasn't just that decision in a vacuum it was dozens of bad decisions 

This Aaron Rodgers thing by the way is another bad decision

If I were a chat bot they'd put me down for being a bummer 

But you still want Jimmy G. Today. With no Jace Amaro around. And you know that he's injury prone. But you still want him

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tranquilo said:

But you still want Jimmy G. Today. With no Jace Amaro around. And you know that he's injury prone. But you still want him

Well, to be fair, bit says Jimmy G has the "same injury profile" as Aaron Rodgers, but is cheaper and younger. So there!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

image.gif.9ed96c0fddcdf777a62f7a08979a3f1e.gif

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Seen this trade floating around. 

Jets trade #13, #42, #43

Packers trade #15, #45, Aaron Rodgers. 

Essentially Jets trade 2nd round pick and 2 pick swaps with Packers gaining 2 positions in each round. 

We still keep 1st and 2nd round pick, albeit 2 positions lower. Thoughts ?

WAY too much

• Upvote 1

Jesus dude... you are insufferable crank... nothing is right, everything is wrong...
Woody Johnson is a cheap bastard that gets in the way except all the money he spent improving the back office....
Zach Wilson was only drafted out of a favor to Wilson's uncle who was already a sponsor of the Jets but is the only reason Jet Blue sponsors the Jets and it has nothing to do with the mascot of the team...
A HOF QB coming to the Jets is the worst move ever because the Jets never win and they are mortgaging the future.
I mean seriously WTF...
I came from a forum that was filled with guys like that, including the head admin. It was awful. And when you tried to be positive they just sh*t on you. For what it's worth, this place is 100 times better. You'll always have fans like that. At least some of you guys allow yourselves to be happy
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

So Breece Hall’s knee injury is JDs fault?  But no credit given as the player was tearing it up pre injury?

Timing coulda been way worse too, coulda happened end of season and he could be missing half this year.

I’ve been reading this board and a now defunct board for many years.  I remember reading posts from the old Bit who used to do excellent draft analysis.  I’m just trying to pinpoint the moment that you made your complete  heel turn. 

probably when he started with his conspiracy/aliens stuff.

4 hours ago, Skeptable said:

I mean seriously WTF...

He's probably kicking a puppy and stealing candy from kids while he writes on here

• Haha 1