Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, seems to be coming up a lot lately - that it's 2 this year and 2 next year (that can go to a one) And today I heard that it's a 2 and a 1 guaranteed next year.  and the only thing holding up is Jets want a 3rd back if Rodgers doesn't play year 2.

If he gives up 2 2's (or even worse a 2 and a 1) essentially bidding against himself would be a horrible job by JD.

And that's why it's not going to happen. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

As the top executive of the organization, is it too much to ask for JD to at least dress a bit better? I know it's a fun event but there's no need to appear slovenly. There's such a thing as smart casual and this is not it. Losing a few pounds and taking better care of his health is beneficial to himself, his family and longevity in the position. He needs an intervention and looks like a major health issue is in his immediate future.

He looks like every boomer at the grocery store walking around looking confused with a handwritten list of items from his wife.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, varjet said:

JD’s statements do not help the Jets bargaining position.  If I am the Packers I am saying to pay our asking price since you already think you traded Rodgers. 

This is a colossal screwup. 

Huh?

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed that a #2 and a #1 would be an overpay.  I don't get the idea that trading our #1 this year is a non-starter but we might trade a #1 next year.

#13 this year vs #22-32 next year. Kind of different, if my math is correct. 

He looks like every boomer at the grocery store walking around looking confused with a handwritten list of items from his wife.
To be fair ... Any poor slob not confused by his wife's list probably needs his manhood questioned.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/7/2023 at 11:00 AM, bitonti said:

Again you're underrating Brock Purdy 

Yes it's a good team he was also an under drafted player 

He scored off the charts on that anticipation test 

Just like how Zach was wildly over drafted at 2, Brock Purdy was a miss by the league in the other direction 

Purdy looks great throwing screen passes to Deebo and Kittle I agree 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Because our backup option is Matt Ryan. So while your thought process is why give that up. What’s our other REALISTIC options?!?!

If the trade doesn’t happen they will draft Levis at 13.  That’s their only way to save face because if it doesn’t happen now after this Oh Dear

• Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

As the top executive of the organization, is it too much to ask for JD to at least dress a bit better? I know it's a fun event but there's no need to appear slovenly. There's such a thing as smart casual and this is not it. Losing a few pounds and taking better care of his health is beneficial to himself, his family and longevity in the position. He needs an intervention and looks like a major health issue is in his immediate future.

miss cleo infomercial GIF

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

here’s how to know that it’s a done deal:

The Packers haven’t denied it.

Can you name one other time in the NFL where everyone acts like it's a "done deal" for weeks without it actually being a done deal?

It's just strange. Not saying it doesn't get done, but I can't think of any other situation like this.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DoubleDown said:

Can you name one other time in the NFL where everyone acts like it's a "done deal" for weeks without it actually being a done deal?

It's just strange. Not saying it doesn't get done, but I can't think of any other situation like this.

No

Geez, GM says “he’s gonna be here”. Telling fans you got your QB but crafty enough to use words that don’t get him in trouble. Why are so many worrying about tampering, breathe easy, I know it’s hard to believe but the Jets can have nice things.