Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Rodgers has probably already told them, “Do not give any picks up this year.  If they dare not pull off this deal for next years 3rd, Ill show up in GB, go on macaffee and make their life a living hell”.

Page 442 and we have quotes around what Rodgers definitely did not say.  Love it.  Can’t wait to see what’s on page 500!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I think it was more about the authenticity of the website promoting the rumor. Never heard of them.

C3E02F8C-6BA3-46A4-8FE2-0F78BD2EFE41.webp.7c1fefc83d1b6dfca1ba6182953f587b.webp

But that is because the major media outlets ran with the Titans rumor, but didn't run with the Rodgers retirement rumor. Neither rumor came from necessarily legitimate sources. Both were hearsay.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

But that is because the major media outlets ran with the Titans rumor, but didn't run with the Rodgers retirement rumor. Neither rumor came from necessarily legitimate sources. Both were hearsay.

All I could find on the titans noise was one SI article.  This is the guy that put that out there

0DC0ACC5-2EA2-4A03-ADC4-6E6AB6BCF78E.jpeg.649211790c890b98d3e38cb1729805b3.jpeg

the retirement tweet looked so amateurish I don’t think anyone took it seriously. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

All I could find on the titans noise was one SI article.  This is the guy that put that out there

0DC0ACC5-2EA2-4A03-ADC4-6E6AB6BCF78E.jpeg.649211790c890b98d3e38cb1729805b3.jpeg

the retirement tweet looked so amateurish I don’t think anyone took it seriously. 

I thought a few more major outlets had run with the Titans stuff. I'm looking, and I was mistaken.

This guy, though...this guy...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It would be a disaster for both teams.  And I take no solace in 'oh the packers are screwed so we can feel better about our epic fail!'

A week into the season I'm not going to be worrying about the packers I'll be worrying about zac wilson warming up on the sidelines after tim boyle is 3-13 with 2 ints.

A trade will go through, it would be pretty surprising if it does not happen before or during the draft.

You do realize that even if we get Rodgers there is a strong possibility Zach starts at some point. The Jets plan seems to be get Rodgers for a year have Zach learn and then play in year 4 again.  It's a vintage half measure only the Jets would do

• Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You do realize that even if we get Rodgers there is a strong possibility Zach starts at some point. The Jets plan seems to be get Rodgers for a year have Zach learn and then play in year 4 again.  It's a vintage half measure only the Jets would do

Of course he is, that is the whole plan, Zach Wilson will be QB1 in to years, if douglas has things go the way he wants.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

one of many reasons i dont want Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

one of many reasons i dont want Rodgers.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Of course he is, that is the whole plan, Zach Wilson will be QB1 in to years, if douglas has things go the way he wants.

I am still one of the more pro-Zach guys and I just think this plan is idotic. Fans would hate it but starting Zach year 3 would be very justified. He is still immensely talented. But to do that you need to change the entire way he is handled. You need an OC that is going to tailor the offense around Zach and his strengths. You need a QB coach/Advisor that has developed a young player before. You need to surround him with as much talent as possible even if it shortchanges the defense. 

But the Jets did not do that. First, Saleh tried to protect MLF maybe the worst OC we have ever had over Zach. He just stood by as his OC had no relationship with his QB, refused to adjust the offense for him, and pretty much refused anything that will help Zach like being on the sideline for him. All MLF cared about is running his system and trying to leverage that into a HC job. Well Zach did not fit his offense at all, and MLF did nothing to adjust at all. Then they went out and hired Rodgers OC buddy the guy that could not adjust at all for Wilson. Again an offense not really suited for Zach. (It features extensive swing passes and dump offs sideways which is Zach's biggest weakness)

I do believe the Jets broke Zach with coaching incompetence but at this point he is broken. He is not magically learn the secret from Rodgers and succeed in this offense. We should trade him away. And we should have a plan for 2024 other than magically thinking Zach is going to get it. It is just so unlikely.

And I am not even sure we will be .500 with a 40 year old Rodgers. GB barely was. And our schedule is uber brutal and we are worse right now at both offense and defense. 

I actually expect this season to be another disaster and seeing a new everything once again next year. Woody is sure to hire another ultra conservative defensive guy again and the cycle continues.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Dawsons Creek Crying Dawson GIF by HULU

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Amazing how many people are so plugged into the Jets 2024 plans when they don't even have the first clue as to what has gone on for the past 2 months with this one transaction. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

An update, if you dare to believe any of it. From my perspective, it just made less sense that woody got spooked. The scenario that NY/GB didn't have rough parameters worked out prior to a meeting with Rodgers seemed unlikely. Who moved the goalposts? We may never know. And it's 100% obvious all the stupid rumors about other teams getting involved are coming from GB...

https://ustadium.com/p/899730

54 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

An update, if you dare to believe any of it. From my perspective, it just made less sense that woody got spooked. The scenario that NY/GB didn't have rough parameters worked out prior to a meeting with Rodgers seemed unlikely. Who moved the goalposts? We may never know. And it's 100% obvious all the stupid rumors about other teams getting involved are coming from GB...

https://ustadium.com/p/899730

That’s just a summary of the last month. 

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I am still one of the more pro-Zach guys and I just think this plan is idotic. Fans would hate it but starting Zach year 3 would be very justified. He is still immensely talented. But to do that you need to change the entire way he is handled. You need an OC that is going to tailor the offense around Zach and his strengths. You need a QB coach/Advisor that has developed a young player before. You need to surround him with as much talent as possible even if it shortchanges the defense. 

But the Jets did not do that. First, Saleh tried to protect MLF maybe the worst OC we have ever had over Zach. He just stood by as his OC had no relationship with his QB, refused to adjust the offense for him, and pretty much refused anything that will help Zach like being on the sideline for him. All MLF cared about is running his system and trying to leverage that into a HC job. Well Zach did not fit his offense at all, and MLF did nothing to adjust at all. Then they went out and hired Rodgers OC buddy the guy that could not adjust at all for Wilson. Again an offense not really suited for Zach. (It features extensive swing passes and dump offs sideways which is Zach's biggest weakness)

I do believe the Jets broke Zach with coaching incompetence but at this point he is broken. He is not magically learn the secret from Rodgers and succeed in this offense. We should trade him away. And we should have a plan for 2024 other than magically thinking Zach is going to get it. It is just so unlikely.

And I am not even sure we will be .500 with a 40 year old Rodgers. GB barely was. And our schedule is uber brutal and we are worse right now at both offense and defense. 

I actually expect this season to be another disaster and seeing a new everything once again next year. Woody is sure to hire another ultra conservative defensive guy again and the cycle continues.

i think we should get to the playoffs with Rodgers and win at least one game. but thats will hurt our future after Rodgers due to draft position which should be between 25 and 29/30. and that is with i think guarantees the return of Zach. we cant get a QB there and if we did he cant be good enough to play in 2024.

but thats if we even have a 1st rd pick next year. everybody is hoping  that we dont make a deal till after the draft which will mean we will lose 2024 picks when we need a QB.

i dont think this season will be a disaster, but when Rodgers leaves next year the next few years will be. all this to make the playoffs for one year is crazy

On 4/22/2023 at 10:13 AM, jetblue95 said:

You know.  Questions 1 and 2 were worthy of being answered.

On 4/22/2023 at 10:13 AM, jetblue95 said:

who they hell said everything here needs to be serious?  we are fans discussing football.

but if you want to be a serious poster (i think you've played this line out at this juncture logan), you can answer questions 1&2:

1) how could they have played it better?

2) what was the better price they could have gotten them for?

bump for mr serious @FidelioJet

still awaiting your serious answer

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Zach Wilson was handed the best situation a young Jets QB has had since ‘09 or ‘10, and he absolutely filled his pants with sh*t, while playing the role of game-manager, all because he didn’t have someone to tell him “it’s okay Zachy, you play big-boy football when you want to”, every single time he was sailing passes 20 yards over the head of a WR, who was only 5 yards away.  MLF wasn’t good, but he was, far and away, better than the guys Geno Smith and Sam Darnold had to deal with.  

He has absolutely no one to blame but himself for his poor play, as of right now.  Nothing would justify playing him this year.  He was QB3 on a team that was rostering the corpse of Joe Flacco, and the late round round draft pick of another team in Mike White. This is a long-winded list of excuses for a kid who was given the keys to the Ferrari, and decided to go drunk driving in the middle of Time Square.

• Upvote 3