Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I can’t divulge specifics, but as it stands, I’m ok with it.  I say “…as it stands….” because I’ve been told the hold up is because:

a.) He needs to officially say whether or not he’s going to play this season (both the Jets and Packers feel he will, and are operating on the belief that he will.)

b.) the Jets prefer to have an understanding of whether or not this will be a one and done season, or if Aaron will commit to two (or more, but I doubt it will be more) years.  That’s why I believe that this is taking so long.  I think he’s going to play this year and, as I said, so do both teams involved here. Regardless the cash flow and picks involved are contingent on this.

Can you say if it involves anything more than draft picks from the Jets? The rumor of Jermaine Johnson being involved is not something I’d love

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If traded Bahktiari would have $1.6 million cap hit for his new team. This leads me to believe he won't be included in the deal. 

But if he is and GB is eating $15 million then #13 for sure will be involved in the deal. 

How many JNers would object to # 13 for Rodgers and Bakhtiari?  Many here want to use the pick on an OT anyways.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, football guy said:

Inside the building there’s no sense of distress or worry over this like us fans. Apparently business as usual and they’re proceeding as if he’ll be there. 

Beyond frightening if you ask me, but it sounds like they’re prepared to wait. 

In other words, if Joe Douglas played poker against the entire Jets fan base, we would all be broke.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If traded Bahktiari would have $1.6 million cap hit for his new team. This leads me to believe he won't be included in the deal. 

But if he is and GB is eating $15 million then #13 for sure will be involved in the deal. 

Thoroughly confused by this tweet.  OTC has Bakhtiari's contract for 2023 as:

$1.2 million in base salary

$600,000 per game roster bonus ( x17 games is $10.2 million)

$700K workout bonus

Where is this "$5.5 million of his 2023 base salary" coming from when his 2023 base salary was only $1.2 to being with? 

And the OTC webiste does not appear to have been updated since this new broke.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

How many JNers would object to # 13 for Rodgers and Bakhtiari?  Many here want to use the pick on an OT anyways.  

I would object.

I want nothing to do with Bakhtiari, the only dude injured more then him is Becton.  I certainly wouldn't up the ante to a 1st round pick for him.

• Upvote 3

• I really believe the GB FO Morons are obsessed about getting a high draft pick because they need to show it to their fans, and they don’t mind in the alternative absorbing cap hit and cash spend to do that.  They are working on buying draft picks.
  • The way Rodgers contract works, he actually gets relatively very little cash for playing in 2025 and 2025-$15mm and $10mm, respectively.   That is what is contract says if he wants to play.  If I am him, that is not enough cash to do that.  Let’s see if he tried to amend his contract to give him more money in total, but spread over more years.  

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Thoroughly confused by this tweet.  OTC has Bakhtiari's contract for 2023 as:

$1.2 million in base salary

$600,000 per game roster bonus ( x17 games is $10.2 million)

$700K workout bonus

Where is this "$5.5 million of his 2023 base salary" coming from when his 2023 base salary was only $1.2 to being with? 

And the OTC webiste does not appear to have been updated since this new broke.

OTC is showing the old contract, 3rd and 5th columns (base salary and roster bonus) is where the money is being pulled from for the signing bonus.

Screenshot_20230310_154939_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I can’t divulge specifics, but as it stands, I’m ok with it.  I say “…as it stands….” because I’ve been told the hold up is because:

a.) He needs to officially say whether or not he’s going to play this season (both the Jets and Packers feel he will, and are operating on the belief that he will.)

b.) the Jets prefer to have an understanding of whether or not this will be a one and done season, or if Aaron will commit to two (or more, but I doubt it will be more) years.  That’s why I believe that this is taking so long.  I think he’s going to play this year and, as I said, so do both teams involved here. Regardless the cash flow and picks involved are contingent on this.

Item B. Will push a ego clown like this to retire.

He’s probably like: “yeah I can do one but IDK after that…” (even though I think he would give it at least 2 shots here depending on how it went the 1st season)

BUT

he really just wants room to be able to do this same exact song and dance next season 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Item B. Will push a ego clown like this to retire.

He’s probably like: “yeah I can do one but IDK after that…” (even though I think he would give it at least 2 shots here depending on how it went the 1st season)

BUT

he really just wants room to be able to do this same exact song and dance next season 

I think it's a silly request to ask him to commit to 2 years. If he's questioning whether he'll play this year how is he going to know where he's at after the grind of another NFL season. I get that both teams would ideally like to know the answer to that, but you won't get an answer.

• Post of the Week 3

30 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

No, he's gonna give Joe Dougals a middle finger and say hes retiring and the entire jets front office look like the schmucks they are

Why would pursuing Aaron Rodgers and have him turn us down to retire make the Jets front office look bad ? Isn’t the attempt to get a HOF QB here a positive move or are you just a miserable human being ?

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I know early on they attempted to get both.  I don’t believe that will be the case now.

Do you think it's possible we put lipstick on this trade? Like besides whatever picks it costs maybe Davis and Lawson get sent over to make the trade not look quite so lopsided?

Just now, JETS SB said:

Why would pursuing Aaron Rodgers and have him turn us down to retire make the Jets front office look bad ? Isn’t the attempt to get a HOF QB here a positive move or are you just a miserable human being ?

Because the media with run:

"Aaron Rodgers has decided $110m is not enough to play for the Jets"

"Aaron Rodgers turns down richest QB salary to avoid Jets"

That's what will happen

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, bla bla bla said:

That's what will happen

This.

The Jets-hating football media have already laid the foundation for how to spin it if the Jets get Rodgers, and how to spin it if they don't.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Interesting. I wonder if GB going full rebuild or partial? Maybe extra year will be tied to it to match up with Rodgers. Both leave together.

Not full rebuild.   Bak, Jones, Smith etc would have been gone.   They look to be switching to Love and somewhat maintaining around him till they get out from under Rodgers cap hit next year.   Partial

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

That's what will happen

And that makes the Jets front office look bad for trying to get him. Gotcha. 

8 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Cause they put all their eggs in one basket, and they had carr in the building and let him walk without making an offer

27 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Shouldn’t it all be conditional though ? He can say he is playing 2 but only plays 1