Zach Wilson looking ?

Bronx

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Still not a good reason to non-stop ridicule him. There's a point at where it's completely unnecessary. That's the point he's making.

It's  totally allowable. When a player is picked 2nd overall and players who are picked last overall in following draft (Purdy) are outperforming him, he deserves everything anyone says about him. Want people to stop talking, play at least competent QB. When you arr the 2nd overall pick and are astonishingly  bad, you are going to get torn to shreds. Do you realize we are bringing in Rodgers for the next two seasons because the team has no faith  at all that this guy can win. We don't  even have a starting QB on the roster and Saleh already said Zach is second string. How bad is that? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh for God's sake. The fans, NY Media, and former players didn't make him absolutely  the worst QB in the league. That is on him. Enough of this. Becton didn't  suck balls when he played and look at the vitriol displayed to him. 

Nowhere in the post that you quoted states that it is the fans, NY media or former players fault that he struggled as a QB. He just said that piling on isn’t necessary.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Larz said:

He’s doing the right things to rehab his image but he’s got a long way to go. He has to show his teammate’s that’s he is going to keep his head down and work. Then if he gets an opportunity he is going to have to be decisive, accurate and tough. He can do it, and as jets fans it’s time to move on and judge him by what he does this year 

Does anyone actually know what he does in practice? I haven’t heard saleh say anything but that he’s working hard. Did milfy say anything? I agree from a fans perspective he didn’t seem serious but there are many other aspects to his perception. And, I will say from experience that there is working hard and working hard. Some people can make the work look easy and some struggle.

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This is what happens when you build a roster around old players.  It happened last season with DeGrom and Scherzer and they replaced DeGrom with another fossil.  Those who think Rodgers is the answer at 40, take notice.  Pro sports is a young man's game.  Old players decline and get hurt.  

I think even those of us who want Rodgers fear the season ending injury in September 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

Why do I get the feeling that Zach gets a lot of his criticism by the way he looks as opposed to strictly his play?  Do the jets QBs have to be rugged looking?  Maybe there’s some criticism because he’s a Mormon.  The point is this is all very unfounded. About the only thing anyone can say is he needed more seasoning before put into a game so he could understand the game better. He’s not the first rookie or first year qb who didn’t understand the defenses.  And milfy didn’t help out by trying to run a complicated offense that even the wrs had trouble grasping.

I am sure it is tough on Zach.  Ridicule from fans and teammates is a tough pill to swallow.  They made a mistake drafting him that high.  He was not ready to start when drafted and should have been redshirted.  Having a bad OC who stubbornly called plays that did not play to the strengths of his players, didn't help. 

It is inappropriate to believe the ridicule has anything to do with how he looks or his religious affiliation.  The problem is he has trouble progressing through his reads at an acceptable pace, His mechanics are terrible and his QBR when under pressure is 19.  That is why he is headed to a a full year of development on the bench.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

I am sure it is tough on Zach.  Ridicule from fans and teammates is a tough pill to swallow.  They made a mistake drafting him that high.  He was not ready to start when drafted and should have been redshirted.  Having a bad OC who stubbornly called plays that did not play to the strengths of his players, didn't help. 

It is inappropriate to believe the ridicule has anything to do with how he looks or his religious affiliation.  The problem is he has trouble progressing through his reads at an acceptable pace, His mechanics are terrible and his QBR when under pressure is 19.  That is why he is headed to a a full year of development on the bench.

On field performance is perfectly acceptable reason to criticizing a player.  I just think he’s been criticized for all sorts of things off the field.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Anything is allowable but it doesn’t mean it is necessary. The young man is working hard to try and improve and certainly isn’t playing poorly by choice 

He is this bad while trying really hard. Is this supposed to be a good thing? I can't  even imagine how his play would be if he wasn't.  

12 minutes ago, rangerous said:

On field performance is perfectly acceptable reason to criticizing a player.  I just think he’s been criticized for all sorts of things off the field.

Any criticism outside of football, I would agree with you.  I have not seen any really.  A joke about him wearing a Mets hat just comes with the territory.  Any posts from his mom or his interaction with her friends will always spark some fans.  Those are self-inflicted wounds.  

I hope stepping back and studying film and practicing footwork, read progressions and working on a quicker release will hope.  When he has time and gets his mechanics right, he is much better.  He stinks against pressure.  They need to slow the game down for him.  Should have redshirted.  wasn't anywhere close to ready.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

He is this bad while trying really hard. Is this supposed to be a good thing? I can't  even imagine how his play would be if he wasn't.  

No one is saying that it is supposed to be a good thing, just that morons don’t have to keep piling on.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

He’s a 23 year old multimillionaire who’s banging instagram models and living his best life. He will never have to work a day in his life if he doesn’t want to. U think he gives a sh*t if someone on twitter says something mean about him lol.

From all indications Zach Wilson seems to be a good person.  Worked hard to get the status of being the #2 pick over all, , got back from injury quickly, hasnt been arrested or accused of something that would question his character.  So the fact that he is 23 year old multimillionaire who’s banging instagram models and living his best life should be a free pass for people to disrespect him at the high level? Ridicule him? Be disrespectful to his mother? I dont see the connection

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh for God's sake. The fans, NY Media, and former players didn't make him absolutely  the worst QB in the league. That is on him. Enough of this. Becton didn't  suck balls when he played and look at the vitriol displayed to him. 

You are correct, the fans, NY Media, and former players didn't make him absolutely  the worst QB in the league. Just dont see why it makes some fans think they can disrespect a person and their family members at a high level. If you are a true fan, you're rooting for him to turn it around. Can't see how disrespecting his parents on IG helps that cause.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

You are correct, the fans, NY Media, and former players didn't make him absolutely  the worst QB in the league. Just dont see why it makes some fans think they can disrespect a person and their family members at a high level. If you are a true fan, you're rooting for him to turn it around. Can't see how disrespecting his parents on IG helps that cause.

It's because his mother decided to defend him publicly and disrespected the fans back. She should have kept her mouth shut.

He’s a 23 year old multimillionaire who’s banging instagram models and living his best life. He will never have to work a day in his life if he doesn’t want to. U think he gives a sh*t if someone on twitter says something mean about him lol.
Yes...these kids today are fragile

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

4 hours ago, Copernicus said:

So unnecessary. The universe has a way of teaching people who kick others while they are down hard life lessons. Excellent work ethic, dedicated, talented, but struggling mightily with the mental part of the game. So make fun of him for that?  I do feel bad for him and I am being serious when I say if I were his parents I would be concerned for his mental health. Going from the #2 pick in the NY media market to being ridiculed by (some) fans, media, and former players? Wow, just enough already. 

You Sir sound like a person who might be a teacher and hence you are interested in bringing out the best in someone..... :) 

The Truth is some don't like him for his religious affilation, others don't like his choir boy looks, some didn't like him drafted at all and still, others don't like the fact that Zach, by his poor play, let them down..

Whatever the case folks in Jets land should ease up on the young man because at the end of the day Zach Wilson is on our team and we can only hope that he figures it all out and turns his career around for the better......

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

From all indications Zach Wilson seems to be a good person.  Worked hard to get the status of being the #2 pick over all, , got back from injury quickly, hasnt been arrested or accused of something that would question his character.  So the fact that he is 23 year old multimillionaire who’s banging instagram models and living his best life should be a free pass for people to disrespect him at the high level? Ridicule him? Be disrespectful to his mother? I dont see the connection

You  could say anything you want about me and it would have 0 affect on my life. All I’m saying is who cares what some internet troll thinks. He’s living a life that most of us could only dream of. The only people’s opinions he should care about is his family and friends. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This is what happens when you build a roster around old players.  It happened last season with DeGrom and Scherzer and they replaced DeGrom with another fossil.  Those who think Rodgers is the answer at 40, take notice.  Pro sports is a young man's game.  Old players decline and get hurt.  

Or maybe Zach Wilson jinxed the **** out of him.

4 hours ago, Copernicus said:

So unnecessary. The universe has a way of teaching people who kick others while they are down hard life lessons. Excellent work ethic, dedicated, talented, but struggling mightily with the mental part of the game. So make fun of him for that?  I do feel bad for him and I am being serious when I say if I were his parents I would be concerned for his mental health. Going from the #2 pick in the NY media market to being ridiculed by (some) fans, media, and former players? Wow, just enough already. 

Obviously Zach Wilson has infiltrated JetNation under the screen name Copernicus. You don't fool me man!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

It’s called jealousy.

5 hours ago, Copernicus said:

they do it because it makes them feel better about themselves.

• Upvote 2