Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

11 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

If you use the chart as a guide:

GB gives up - 1080 pts in pick value (15 and 5th rounder) & AR

Jets give up (this year) - 1637 points (13, 42 & late 6th).

The delta is 557 pts = a high 2nd (pick 33/34)

A 1 next year (assuming it will be) is valued as a 2nd this year in the NFL world.

In essence we gave up a 2 this year and a 2 next year (call it a 1 if you want).

JD didn't maul GB like he did Seattle and Carolina, but he didn't get mauled either. Fair deal for both sides.

A 1st next year is valued as the last pick in round 1 of the current year. So that’s 600pts so we gave up what is 1165 (you were off on your points in 2023) in points which is more than the value of us just straight up giving them 13 this year period (actual value us between 12 and 13).

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We were never drafting an OT at 13? Really? Come on now? Likely we’re still drafting an OT at 15. Just likely another one is gone at 13 or 14 now. Because yes GB and NE need an OT.

The Jets have a LT, they have 2 RT's that have started games baking for that spot. You think the Jets are drafting a tackle that high who will not play in year 1? Wtf are you smoking

• Sympathy 1

Just now, choon328 said:

The Jets have a LT, they have 2 RT's that have started games baking for that spot. You think the Jets are drafting a tackle that high who will not play in year 1? Wtf are you smoking

Brown can be cut. Easily post June 1st. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Packers are laughing because they traded away the only reason they were relevant. They are going to be terrible next year.

The Packers and their fanbase have had 30 straight years of HOF QB play.

They’ve forgotten what even a mediocre starting QB looks like in the NFL. Much less one who is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

What’s more likely?

That the Packers hit the jackpot for the 3rd time in a row, or that the Packers are looking at bringing in another QB in 2024?

I’d place my money on option B in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 4

I've noticed that Rodgers seems to really value loyalty...

JD says: "Hey Aaron, we wanted you so badly and we think you are so good that we gave up a 1st for you."

What we get now is a super motivated Rodgers...

Probably for 2 seasons or more...

Without Rodgers, that 1st round pick would have been pretty high next season...

With JD drafting another highly touted QB prospect...

I'll pass...

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Claymation said:

They traded a second this year and a conditional second next year. What the **** did you expect, a conditional 7th?

Serenity Now! 

So far it looks like a 1st next year, even if he isn't playing. Did I miss something from the original announcement? Why give this up? They had no out. They were fugged and JD spent money/picks that never needed to be spent. Please explain why we needed to give this up? If it was tied to a playoff position or a SB I would totally understand ....but 65% of snaps???? Desperation.  Even if they win it all it was a play that wasn't necessary.

All I read here right up until this was completed was

this trade has been done for a while

no way the Packers get the higher of our second round picks

I’m okay with swapping this year’s 1st round picks, then a 4th in ‘24

No way I give them a conditional 1st in ‘24 unless we make the Super Bowl

They have no leverage

JD will make Gutey his little bi*ch.

Season 2 Fairfax GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Post of the Week 1

Packers are laughing because they traded away the only reason they were relevant. They are going to be terrible next year.

That’s not the point. The point is we just threw away in a first round pick for an incentive he will most likely shatter. How many games in 65 percent of the snaps 9 games or so? How about a first if the Jets make the Superbowl.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The Packers and their fanbase have had 30 straight years of HOF QB play.

They’ve forgotten what even a mediocre starting QB looks like in the NFL. Much less one who is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Well, I think they saw is pretty clearly last year.

Just now, Green Ghost said:

All I read here right up until this was completed was

this trade has been done for a while

no way the Packers get the higher of our second round picks

I’m okay with swapping this year’s 1st round picks, then a 4th in ‘24

No way I give them a conditional 1st in ‘24 unless we make the Super Bowl

They have no leverage

JD will make Gutey his little bi*ch.

Green Bay Packers Mustache GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

You must be delighted! It must feel good for the SOJ fan clubhouse tonight.

Jets Lose!

Party Fun GIF by Solar Impulse

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Joe Namath says hello

im 37 so i never got to see broadway joe play. but if u did would you say he has the talent that a rodg does? just asking. i know he was awesome from all i have read before his knees gave away. but you gotta admit rodgers is top 15 qb of all time (even if hes older)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

hey i know some people dont like this trade but...rodgers might be the best to ever put on our uni. lets enjoy the wild ride thats about to happen

100% we got our guy and it’s boat us a ton. Now we have to win it all though for it to be worth it. You deal a smaller package and it’s not that ultimatum. But since we did. That’s what it is

13 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Watching Path to the Draft and they say there's only 3 OT's worth taking. That drop to 1.15 is going to let GB or NE take the last one at 1.13 or 1.14.

But I'm sure we can depend on Becton to play 17 games.

They both want WRs, all 3 of those tackles will go in the top 10, 2 QBs will slide out of the top 10, at least 1WR will go in the top 10.

5 minutes ago, usapaw said:

So far it looks like a 1st next year, even if he isn't playing. Did I miss something from the original announcement? Why give this up? They had no out. They were fugged and JD spent money/picks that never needed to be spent. Please explain why we needed to give this up? If it was tied to a playoff position or a SB I would totally understand ....but 65% of snaps???? Desperation.  Even if they win it all it was a play that wasn't necessary.

Psst. What if Rodgers gave the Jets at least a 2 yr commitment when they spoke in Malibu. He does have $40m guaranteed coming his way for ‘24

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tfine said:

That’s not the point. The point is we just threw away in a first round pick for an incentive he will most likely shatter. How many games in 65 percent of the snaps 9 games or so? How about a first if the Jets make the Superbowl.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No you did not throw away anything, The Jets made a move to get the best possible player they could land, no guarantees that over 365 days from today that the first round pick is any good. Tons of busts in the first round. Zachy poo being one of them. Simple math 65 percent of 18 games is 11. Let it go and enjoy the season. AROD is a NY Jet.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

im 37 so i never got to see broadway joe play. but if u did would you say he has the talent that a rodg does? just asking. i know he was awesome from all i have read before his knees gave away. but you gotta admit rodgers is top 15 qb of all time (even if hes older)

Rodgers wasn't even top 15 in the league last year.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

100% we got our guy and it’s boat us a ton. Now we have to win it all though for it to be worth it. You deal a smaller package and it’s not that ultimatum. But since we did. That’s what it is

Too many Jets fans acting like they have a smaller package. :mrgreen:

Happy day today. This time next year we can hold hands and lament which future 1st round bust the Jets shoulda/woulda taken. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Psst. What if Rodgers gave the Jets at least a 2 yr commitment when they spoke in Malibu. He does have $40m guaranteed coming his way for ‘24

Not sure how he would/could do that.  

If the guy doesn't want to play he's not going to play - and he's surely not going to give back guaranteed money.