Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

12 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Unc and Skip saying the draft picks compensation the Jets gave the Packers in their trade for Aaron Rodgers makes this deal Super Bowl or Bust for the Jets. If we don't get to the Super Bowl in the next two seasons, it's a BUST of a trade. 

Those guys are idiots, but...

how does the compensation change anything?  Would it be super bowl or bust if they used their 2nd this year and 1st next year?  OMG!  We used our 1st round pick, we have to win the super bowl!  The whole ******* thing is moronic.  I think it is pretty bad that the conditions on the 2024 pick weren't more stringent, but c'mon. 

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t and neither do yours but I’d imagine we’d rather pay a guy like Q more now than later bc we have several 1st rousers we need to pay in a few years. And he very well could eat a huge chunk of that cap. As well as if we picked up Bectons option. That could be 35-40mill in just 2 players.

Please stop. You don't know how the cap works and why deals are back loaded. Deals are back loaded bc the cap is always increasing so you can take more money on in future years bc of that. 

If I had $40 million in cap space I could sign 6 players who would make $10 million/ year and still fit them in the $40 million of remaining cap space. It's actually quite easy. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

According to Boomer Esiason, who has been accurate in his info, he says Jets fans will love his contract modifications.

While I am not crazy about the deal it is a deal that had to be done. The Jets could not go into 2023 with Zach Wilson as their QB.

Hopefully Rodgers comes in motivated and ready to go. If he restructures his deal that allows JD to go out and bring in more talent great.

I'll start to get excited in January if the Jets are hosting a playoff game. Until then wait and see

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Where did I say anything about the last 25 yrs.. You said Douglas....

Whatever - just continue to bitch...This place is so tiring

Tiring?  Pfft.  Just another thing to say in order to avoid or deny that JD has been abysmally bad at the QB position, which is the SOLITARY reason he had to go out and shop for Rodgers in the first place.   Happy we got him.  As a season ticket holder, what is "tiring" is seeing peewee league QB play for over two straight decades.  Admitting that Douglas absolutely sucks at evaluating the most important position in the game, which is what brought us to this trade, is not tiring.  It's reality. 

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

how does the compensation change anything?  Would it be super bowl or bust if they used their 2nd this year and 1st next year?  OMG!  We used our 1st round pick, we have to win the super bowl!  The whole ******* thing is moronic.  I think it is pretty bad that the conditions on the 2024 pick weren't more stringent, but c'mon. 

It’s pretty simple. The massive amount of capital paid harms the future because we are losing a 1st and 2nd round pick - so we need to win ASAP.

Just a few thoughts, if I may, first of all, this is Woody’s trade, not J D’s. I think JD would have signed Carr and kept all his picks. I think we will see JD’s involvement ,in the amount of compensation the Packers pick up for Rogers. As far as winning a Super Bowl, after close to 60 years, I will believe it when I see it. Yet ,there is no doubt in my mind that Rogers will make us a very competitive and exciting team to watch. So after 10 years of misery, and one of the worst quarterback picks in our history, that alone will be worth the money.

I also expect JD to work the cap in a responsible and extraordinary way to secure the future of the club Ad far as an offensive tackle question goes, the Jets have been watching the progress of Becton all through this rehab. I think they have a better understanding of where he’s at and how he will perform in the future then any jet fan could imagine or know. So on that basis. I’m not too concerned about the your offensive tackle pick in this year’s draft. So welcome Aaron Rodgers stay healthy and win us a ton of games!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Y’all are so annoying

**** them picks

It is funny that a fanbase that has self-applied the salve of “the draft is just a huge crapshoot no one knows anything” to ease the sting of the Jets being the worst-drafting team of the decade, now are fretting about using crapshoot tickets on a HOF QB.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Facts said:

It’s pretty simple. The massive amount of capital paid harms the future because we are losing a 1st and 2nd round pick - so we need to win ASAP.

If we didn't have Rodgers and we had that "massive amount of capital" we would not be expected to win?  We could wait on those picks to turn out?  The whole premise is so dumb that I am not surprised it came from "Skip." 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

We have till midnight tonight to get all of our bitching about this awful trade out of our systems.  Come tomorrow, we all move forward and get ready for what will be a very exciting Jets football season.

It is time to accept what has occurred and start getting excited for the upcoming season.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Just a few thoughts, if I may, first of all, this is Woody’s trade, not J D’s. I think JD would have signed Carr and kept all his picks. I think we will see JD’s involvement ,in the amount of compensation the Packers pick up for Rogers. As far as winning a Super Bowl, after close to 60 years, I will believe it when I see it. Yet ,there is no doubt in my mind that Rogers will make us a very competitive and exciting team to watch. So after 10 years of misery, and one of the worst quarterback picks in our history, that alone will be worth the money.

I also expect JD to work the cap in a responsible and extraordinary way to secure the future of the club Ad far as an offensive tackle question goes, the Jets have been watching the progress of Becton all through this rehab. I think they have a better understanding of where he’s at and how he will perform in the future then any jet fan could imagine or know. So on that basis. I’m not too concerned about the your offensive tackle pick in this year’s draft. So welcome Aaron Rodgers stay healthy and win us a ton of games!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

this is all Woody, not JD. Meddling again. Dolan like. Loser like.

41 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Here are my opinions of everything 

1. Holy ****. Do you guys work? 

2. For the love of God, it’s Rodgers, NOT Rogers. 

3. I do think we overpayed. I’m not even mad about the 1st round pick next year. I’m mad about how it’s contingent on playing time and not team success. If it was us contingent on us advancing to the AFC championship, I would be content with that. The fact it’s contingent on 65% of snaps, makes me not like the deal. 

8. Kiss my ass. 

For the love of God, it’s overpaid, NOT overpayed. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Here are my opinions of everything 

1. Holy ****. Do you guys work? 

2. For the love of God, it’s Rodgers, NOT Rogers. 

3. I do think we overpayed. I’m not even mad about the 1st round pick next year. I’m mad about how it’s contingent on playing time and not team success. If it was us contingent on us advancing to the AFC championship, I would be content with that. The fact it’s contingent on 65% of snaps, makes me not like the deal. 

4. I think more trades are coming. I think we have to trade back at least once on Thursday to accumulate more picks next year. Although we’re going all in this year, it will be foolish not to think of our future. We cannot do what the Rams did by mortgaging their future. 

I also think we have to be in play for players via trade or free agency. I have no idea who we can potentially trade for but if trading a   

5. The tight end position needs to be upgraded. Our tight ends are average at best. Adding a threat at the tight end position will make our offense elite. Wilson, Lazard, Davis, and Hall is a great start but we need one more threat in the middle. 

6. As mentioned in #3, I do think we overpayed. I was shocked honestly but I am 110% confident that Rodgers, not Rogers, is coming here for a minimum of 2 years. I envision 3 years. If you think JD made this trade for one year, you’re on crack. 

7. I’ve been a fan of this team, unfortunately, since 1990. We have all witnessed horrific QB play. Next year, we will witness things we are not used to. Buckle up. It’s going to be a great year. 

8. Kiss my ass. 

You seem pretty upset about people spelling Rodgers wrong for a guy that won't go for overpaid.

We can't do what the Rams did?  They won a super bowl  It is exactly what we are trying to do and your whole point 4 is basically asking that we do what the Rams did.  Our TEs are fine.  I agree that we should always be looking to upgrade, but with a real offense I think the guys will have will look much better. 

Disappointed cricket fan is disappointed 

In exchange for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-round draft pick (used to select defensive tackle Eyioma Uwazurike), the Broncos sent Seattle first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, second-round picks in 2022 and 2023, a fifth-rounder in 2022, plus quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant and defensive end Shelby Harris.

it’s Aaron freaking Rodgers people.  He’s out to prove the packers wrong and he’s recruiting guys to come win a superbowl championship here. 

IMG_5607.jpeg

• Upvote 1

um... isn't this forum the place to express our opinions, views, criticisms, thoughts, hopes and dreams?  Who made you the hall monitor?
You've expressed them relentlessly. I'm assuming everyone here can read. How many times are you going to say the same thing? It's annoying AF.

30 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Guys like Boomer and Hughes are saying that Rodgers is essentially coming here for peanuts on a reworked contract.

If Rodgers told the Jets “Give me $25 mill a year and go get me some more pieces”, then some amazing sh*t is going to go down pretty soon.

I want to know more about this...so Green Bay didn't eat any of the contract? I'm surprised there is not details out there yet

54 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Skip and Shannon are clowns.    They hate Rodgers and are setting this up so that if they don’t win the SB they can bash AROD

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

this is all Woody, not JD. Meddling again. Dolan like. Loser like.

This is what a JD sucker says to protect their boy. 

Anything good, praise him. Anything bad, blame Woody. 

I'm sure Woody had input, but when it comes down to it, JD wanted to stay employed, and heading into the season with Zach Wilson, Gardner Minshew, or Teddy Bridgewater as his QB and racking up another 12 in the loss column would have added to his already abysmal record under his watch. 

JD was happy to make thei trade and give up whatever it took. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I want to know more about this...so Green Bay didn't eat any of the contract? I'm surprised there is not details out there yet

From what I understand, it should come out tomorrow.

Guys like Tom Pelissero were saying that Rodgers was in Green Bay yesterday signing a new deal, and then it has to be 24 hours before it can be submitted to the league office and the trade becomes official.

37 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Guys like Boomer and Hughes are saying that Rodgers is essentially coming here for peanuts on a reworked contract.

If Rodgers told the Jets “Give me $25 mill a year and go get me some more pieces”, then some amazing sh*t is going to go down pretty soon.

DHop trade incoming you think?

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have till midnight tonight to get all of our bitching about this awful trade out of our systems.  Come tomorrow, we all move forward and get ready for what will be a very exciting Jets football season.

It is time to accept what has occurred and start getting excited for the upcoming season.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

From what I understand, it should come out tomorrow.

Guys like Tom Pelissero were saying that Rodgers was in Green Bay yesterday signing a new deal, and then it has to be 24 hours before it can be submitted to the league office and the trade becomes official.

thanks for that info.  i didn't see the report that he was in GB yesterday.  if this is the case, along with the 24 hour window, i'd assume we should see some details later today

11 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Dcat said:
um... isn't this forum the place to express our opinions, views, criticisms, thoughts, hopes and dreams?  Who made you the hall monitor?

You've expressed them relentlessly. I'm assuming everyone here can read. How many times are you going to say the same thing? It's annoying AF.

Then don't read or just leave. Nobody designated you to be hall monitor.  Worry about your own posts, dude.  

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:
3 minutes ago, Dcat said:
then don't read or just leave.

My thumb gets tired from scrolling past the nonsense. At least you kept yours short.

You're acting like a jerk but this did make me laugh

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
5 minutes ago, Dcat said:
then don't read or just leave.

My thumb gets tired from scrolling past the nonsense. At least you kept yours short.

Worry about your own posts dude.  Nobody cares about your reviews of anyone's posts.